Awoo.

Mortal Kombat 11

PublicEnemy1

Oh wow and Ed Boon kept saying that the game wouldn't be announced for a while. 

I'm... Conflicted.

The music was total and utter shit and completely terrible. The trailer itself holy shit what a gory and fantastic trailer. Bloody as fuck, never expected it to be so bloody. 

There's ONE and only ONE fear I have for this game and I'm 99% sure it's going to happen.

If this game has the FUCKING SHITTY-ASS COMPLETELY MORONIC AND STUPID AS FUCK GEAR SYSTEM from Injustice 2 I'm done. Fuck those Mother Boxes, fuck that RNG, and fuck that entire cosmetic system. Cool on paper with a fucking awful execution.

I'd rather have alternate costumes like before, fuck costumization if you're going to keep it behind a RNG lootbox.

• Thumbs Up 1

The trailer:

Releasing April 23, 2019, for PS4, XBO, PC, and Switch.

Never expected a Switch version. It better have a Classic Mode where all blood is replaced with sweat. Even if you cut a head off or punch a hole in somebody, sweat should be splurting out.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/mortal-kombat-11-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Shao Khan is the DLC pre-order character like Goro was for MKX and Darkseid was for Injustice 2.
The very close release date and the simoltaneus releases on Switch and PC (one a platform NRS has never worked on so far and the other one where 3 times in a row the base games released were in a terrible state and had to be savaged months later with multiple patches) is a bit worrying. Either the game has been in development for a long time and we saw nothing or WB Games gave this less of a budget than MKX and Injustice 2 and thus the content will be like Soul Calibur VI, just the essential with not much meat attached to its bones.

The 3 things i want the most for this game are:
*Erron Black returning, i love this new character so much
*a story good and detailed like MKX did, i like the direction they're going with the events
*tone down on the guest characters and let instead old fighters who haven't got a chance yet like Motaro to show up

I felt pretty disappointed with MKX to be honest. It had less modes than MK9 and I really liked the tag battles from that. Those challenge towers were fun and intense too, but MKX didn't have anything like that. I felt the story was mostly predictable too, which I guess it should've been since it was kinda a retelling of Mortal Kombat 4. Shinnok being the main bad guy and all. I felt like the story had some plot holes too.

In the original time line, when Shao Kahn was supposedly dead, Ermac was no longer tied to the Emperor and gained free will. Which he used to redeem himself with helping the heroes and training Kenshi, if I recall correctly. But he was still loyal to the Emperor in MKX, despite Shao Kahn actually supposedly being dead this time.

I didn't think much of most of the new characters. Erron Black was cool and the next generation of heroes was a nice inclusion, seeing there friendships develop and all. The rest I felt was pretty....meh.

It's a shame that the Arcade mode endings aren't canon, I really like the idea of one of them from MK9, were Liu Kang becomes a tyrant and Raiden recruits Shang Tsung to stop him. I would've loved to see a role reversal like that play out.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to expect from this, so I'd wait for more details. Should I be concerned that I don't even react to the crazy violence from these games anymore? The only one I did react to in that trailer was when Scorpions finger was pulled back. Ouch. >.<

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/mortal-kombat-11-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc
Apparently there's a customization system so that you can customize the abilities of the cast.

Fuck.

Maybe it's because I'm boring but I never saw the appeal in heavy customization in a videogame, even more in a fighting one. This better not have a custom character as the story mode. Make your own god damn story and try to not kill old favourites to introduce their sons if you please.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems that time travel is a part of the story based on the hourglass and the 2 Scorpions.

That makes me wonder if there will be a difference between the characters based on the time era they are from or if it's just cosmetic.

(BTW, I know that the Raiden design is the MKX one and probably the main one for this game and the 2nd Scorpion's is his MK1 one. What about the first Scorpion? It looks new to me but I may be wrong. )

3 hours ago, DiamondX said:

It seems that time travel is a part of the story based on the hourglass and the 2 Scorpions.

That makes me wonder if there will be a difference between the characters based on the time era they are from or if it's just cosmetic.

(BTW, I know that the Raiden design is the MKX one and probably the main one for this game and the 2nd Scorpion's is his MK1 one. What about the first Scorpion? It looks new to me but I may be wrong. )

I don't know, they've done time travel once before. Would they really do it again?

The hourglass could also represent a countdown to some kind of event. Maybe Armageddon, nothing has really changed to prevent that from happening again. *Shrug*

I'm not sure about the two Scorpions. I assumed the first one was human, he was revived as such during the events of MKX. He gets very KO'ed by Raiden and then he's instantly revived as his revenant self again. Though from what I understand, Quan Chi was the guy that brought him back as a revenant and last we saw him, he'd lost some weight. But the fight might probably have no connection to story events, it's usually Scorpion and Sub-Zero going at it in every other announcement trailer.

Maybe the trailer represents a new fatality feature where the loser can get revenge somehow?

But to answer your question, I think in terms of appearance, the first Scorpion looks more like how he did in MKX. With the hood and all.

Mortal-Kombat-X_Scorpion_3D_2.jpg

excuse me what the fuck 

Patrick Seitz has been Scorpion's voice since Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. He's been THE Scorpion voice for me. What do you mean he's not coming back?

Come on Netherrealm already starting to fuck things up?

• Thumbs Up 1

Consdering the fact I only played MK9 and vs DC and that I watched MKX on Youtube has me very dissapointed.

I really enjoyed Scorpion's voice.

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/mortal-kombat-11-has-customizable-variants-esports-focused-multiplayer-mode-and-more

I've heard the term "eSports" before, but I don't actually know what that is.

• A new game engine with even bloodier scenes.
  • A new personalization system with clothes, accessories, and move sets never before seen.
  • New Fatalities and a new GoreTech system make the performances even more brutal.
  • Strong multiplayer component, entirely oriented towards eSports, including personalization systems, daily news, constantly updated rewards, and improved matchmaking

Limited Edition Contents

• Steel case
  • Kombat Pass: Six characters and six “Battlepass” (Editor’s Note: We’re not sure what this is).

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/spawn_creator_hints_that_the_character_might_appear_in_mortal_kombat_11

Does anyone here care about guest characters? I don't so this is meaningless to me but the creator of Spawn seems to have hinted at the possibility of him being in MK11. He was in a Soul Calibur game too, I didn't care then, either. Though wouldn't that be something? Kratos and Spawn appearing as guests in Soul Calibur and years later, moving over to Mortal Kombat? lol

I'm not really familiar with the Spawn character either. Though one article claimed that his creator is also the co-creator of Venom, I don't know if that's true but it does sound logical. They do look similar and all....

I wouldn't mind, but i want NRS to tone down them, they kinda got out of control in both MKX and Injustice 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

We got several videos today

Feel every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment in the worldwide reveal of Mortal Kombat 11’s gameplay!

To learn more about Mortal Kombat 11, please visit www.mortalkombat.com or join the #MK11 conversation: 

The most iconic feature of Mortal Kombat returns with the most gruesome, over-the-top fatalities in franchise history.

Raiden has upset the balance of history with the death of Shinnok. Tired of Earthrealm’s defiance, Kronika, The Keeper of Time will bring order to the universe through any means necessary.

Voiced by Olympic Medalist and WWE Champion Ronda Rousey, Sonya Blade is a decorated officer of the Special Forces— always remaining vigilant until all realms are safe from conquest.

A powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, Geras wields the power to manipulate time.

The developers at NetherRealm Studios reveal the new features players can expect in Mortal Kombat 11.

Live from The Reveal, Ed Boon walks through the new features, characters, and story found in Mortal Kombat 11.

• Thumbs Up 1

Roster so far:
*Scorpion
*Sub-Zero
*Raiden
*Baraka
*Sonya
*Skarlet
*Geras (newcomer, combines moves from Jax and Tremor plus personal touches)
*Shao-Kahn (pre-order bonus/DLC)

Kitana was also spotted in one of the menu, but she's a given considering her status after the last game. Liu Kang and Kung Lao also appear in their classic forms, but i think it's tied to plot points below.

The story picks up right before the stinger of MKX where Raiden (now corrupt. Again, lmao) delivered Shinnok's head to the revenants. Apparently elder gods tied to time will decide to interfere because the thunder god has gone too far. Basically i'm getting the feeling this is gonna be Mortal Kombat Generations where old/alternate versions of the characters will show up and by the end a new timeline will be forged with people from the different ones together. A thing to remember though is that NRS stories in recent years have been very bleak, both for MK and Injustice, so don't expect a happy ending just yet.

Game overall looks fine so far, i only don't get why they decided to have Rousey mocap/voice Sonya here, she looks kinda out of place if you ask me.
Anyway, as long as one of my mains returns (Rain, Noob Saibot or Erron Black) i'm ok with the roster. Hopefully they'll tone down on the guests.

I'm not really a fan of Baraka, yet I'm happy he's back after being reduced to fodder and killed by that irritating bitch in the previous game. I'd rather like Mileena in the game too. Screw that annoying bug bitch. Kotal Kahn was a useless bitch in story mode too. Getting beaten up by the new generation early in the game makes him look pathetic compared to his predecessors, Shao Kahn and Onaga.

I hope they don't fuck up the story this time too. Ideally, Kronika and Geras were created due to Raidens initial tampering of the timeline. The writers need to make a plausible reason that these new characters weren't involved in Armageddon as this new timeline establishes that they were around at the time. (Such as D'vorah who was now apparently on the Island where Mortal Kombat 1 took place. Makes you wonder why she wasn't involved in the Armageddon events when she's always been loyal to Shinnok.) 

With Kronika and Geras having time based powers, you'd think they'd have a reason to prevent Armageddon. Unless they were somehow responsible for it and wanted to kill everybody. Y'know? With the fluctuations of powers and tearing the fabric of the realms thing....

• 4 months later...

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/mortal-kombat-11-dlc-characters-nightwolf-sindel-and-spawn-announced-shang-tsung-early-access-launches-june-18

While there's a new trailer for Shang-Tsung (who incorporates moves from Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Rain, Smoke and has Kintaro for one of his fatalities), the rest of the first Kombat Pack is composed by:

*Nightwolf
*Sindel
*Spawn (voiced again by Keith David, like in the '90s cartoon)
*2 more guests, wich seems to match the leaks who says are the T-800 Terminator model and Ash Williams (this latter reinforced by the chainsaw sound at the end of the trailer)