Awoo.

Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon II Remakes Coming in 2019

GentlemanX

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/forever-entertainment-announces-panzer-dragoon-remake-and-panzer-dragoon-ii-zwei-remake

Forever Entertainment has announced a partnership with Sega to co-create and publish Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The first title will launch before the end of 2019. Platform(s) were not announced. 

Here is an overview of the game, via Forever Entertainment:

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon. The original version of the game had its premiere on the Sega Saturn console in 1995 and was well received by both players and critics. The entire Panzer Dragoon series has been repeatedly remade and released on many platforms. The last re-launch took place in April 2018 on Xbox One, where players can play Panzer Dragoon Orta with a backward compatibility.

The new version of the game will be characterized by completely new graphics compatible with today’s standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!

I've never played the original games, but I love the aesthetic from what I've seen of the level in ASRT and Worlds Unite. Would definitely pick up a copy if the games comes out for Switch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know these games by reputation. However I also know they're currently one of the most expensive games out there, making it hard to play outside of emulation. If they're giving people a shot to play these games then I'm all for it. Panzer Dragoon is a pretty unique game and its nice to see it being referenced in other games in one way or another.

Activating nostalgia mode: Ahh, the memories.

I remember playing a Panzer Dragoon game, I think it was on the Sega Saturn. It was a very unique and enjoyable experience. I'm pretty sure this is the box art of it.

PanzerDragoonSagaBox.jpg

I think another one was later released on the original X-Box, but I never had the chance to play that. I'll certainly keep an eye out for more information and hope for the best.

...Is this another example of an alternative company potentially reviving an old Sega franchise, like with Streets of Rage?

I did hear Panzer Dragoon: Orta had the original as an unlockable, but I don't think the sequel ever had that much, so I definitely look forward to this, especially if they're as expensive as people say.

I do hope the remakes are solid enough, at least.

The first game is super dated, even if it has a cool style to it. I imagine the bit at the end

The new version of the game will be characterized by completely new graphics compatible with today’s standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story

Means they're modifying the gameplay/structure of the levels a bit. because to be honest pd1 is shallow even by rail shooter standards.

Zwei though is chefkiss.jpg really fucking good and a super impressive game for the time. I'm interested in both remakes

Honestly, while their handling of Sonic has been pretty shoddy for the most part, their non-Sonic handling of IP 'revivals' has been a big bright spot.