Awoo.

Starbreeze's Recent Struggle

SgtBloxx

Recently Starbreeze's central Stockholm headquarters was raided by officials eleven days ago under suspicion of illegal insider trading. Computers from the building was taken away and one person, who still has yet to be named, was arrested that day (Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-05-arrest-made-in-starbreeze-office-raid)

Obviously this isn't looking good for the company. Before this incident happened their stocks went down to an all time low and their Walking Dead game becoming and overall flop. I've even read that CEO Bo Andersson left the company, but I'm not sure if this is true. If Starbreeze can't pick themselves up after this string of unfortunate events, Payday 3 might not become released and continuing work on Payday 2 may cease.

Edited by Bloxxerboy
Starbreeze headquarters was actually raided eleven days ago instead of four days ago.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rabid-Coot

• Bobnik

• SgtBloxx

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't really call December 5th "4 days ago", but sure, let's go with that.

Yeah, Starbreeze just can't catch a break. Both RAID WW2 and TWD have flopped both commercially and financially and, while Payday 2 was bringing them money, that game looks to be done as well, since it got a proper ending (2 in fact) and The Secret they were alluding to since the game got released, as well as Overkill officially said they're ending support in 2019, now this... I'm really scared of Payday 3's future at this point in time, since that game might not be coming till at least 2020.

Really hoping Overkill are looking for alternatives at this point, cuz I don't think Starbreeze is gonna last much longer.