Awoo.

What are the worst things that happen to the franchise?

Rowl

But is the world of Sonic Boom not considered to be another universe? If they want to use Sticks in the official modern canon she has to travel from her dimension to Modern Sonic's ones. Or to the classic universe if Sega wants to use her for that universe. 

The Sonic Boom series changing Amy Rose also only giving her 6 out of 104 episodes with most of them having bad endings.

When Ian Flynn started writing for the Sonic comics.

19 hours ago, Almar said:

I say a big difference between Mario and Sonic that helps let the plumber get away with his cast size is that Mario ended up with a more solid world than Sonic does. More worldbuilding if you will.

For example, koopas are treated as one species with plenty of members in the background as civilians instead of just serving Bower or Peach. Same goes for other Mario species. The closest Sonic has to a species as characterized from its diversity is the echidnas. Enough other anthro characters in a Sonic game are treated as one-of-a-kind or at most have another who's connected to them (like Sonic with Amy as his fangirl and Shadow as his doppelganger, don't know what's up with Silver).

Miyamoto might not demand plot but he has let 2nd parties do a bit with the characters and world while still expecting Mario to keep to a solid direction. Sonic Team does the opposite (makes demands on how outsiders handle the world/characters yet refuse to hold them to a solid direction). Ian Flynn even talked about how his writing has been hamstrung by Sonic Team's rules on how to handle the characters (like how Cream can't take part in fighting anymore).

As odd as might be to say this, I wonder if Sonic's cast size would have worked out better if the games bothered to have more normie animal NPCs before Forces.

The egg pawn has a lot of members to its "species". 😉

They don't really try to have personality though. While Bowser's Minions have been getting characterization since Super Mario RPG at the latest ignoring expanded universe.

I mean, it took until Sonic Unleashed to give Eggman a genuine loyal minion having dialogue who Eggman can surely be on the level with after Metal Sonic turned on him (and even then, Orbot lost his sass and became the Scratch to Cubot's Grounder). And it took until Sonic Mania for the Hardboiled Heavies to show up (who also turn on him).

That folks care about or don't care about. Obviously if its the former it would be something big like sonic 06 and how it effected how Sonic Team during development and going forward.

If the latter, I would argue that some of those pre-reboot archie comics are some of the worst things to happen to the franchise a lot of people just don't know about. Like portrayals like simp tails that if the public were more aware , would just damage the perception of the character. Just holyshit some of that stuff is B A D bad

I was asking myself why I let this get as [minimally] long as it did, but just reading the title shows that this isn't a thread I should be wasting much time with anyway.

Half the first page doesn't really help.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:04 PM, Rowl said:

And how should she be different from Boom Sticks?

She'd have the tweaked design from Rio and a possible onscreen introduction.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, Fire-N-Space said:

The Sonic Boom series changing Amy Rose also only giving her 6 out of 104 episodes with most of them having bad endings.

6 episodes to be the explicit star, I assume?

Cause again, if we're talkin episodes where she plays a notable role, you got at least 50 of those suckers.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, Fire-N-Space said:

When Ian Flynn started writing for the Sonic comics.

And why, pray tell, is that?

On 12/18/2018 at 4:59 AM, Almar said:

I mean, it took until Sonic Unleashed to give Eggman a genuine loyal minion having dialogue who Eggman can surely be on the level with after Metal Sonic turned on him (and even then, Orbot lost his sass and became the Scratch to Cubot's Grounder). And it took until Sonic Mania for the Hardboiled Heavies to show up (who also turn on him).

.Metal Sonic didn't talk to begin with.

And Orbot still dislikes and makes small jabs at Eggman from time to time. Just not as much or as overtly thanks to not having as much focus as he and Cubot initially did.