Awoo.

Unintentional Things/Detail that Enhanced Your Sonic Experience in the Past/Present

SenEDDtor Missile

Do you ever remember some unintentional detail that happened to something Sonic related that you enjoyed in the past, that ended up enhancing the experience?

For me, it was the first time I saw Sonic Adventure on a YouTube playlist back around the mid 2000s. It wasn’t anything special quality wise and was obviously divided into 10 minute sections, but there was one weird detail for each video up until the finale: Each episode ended with a digital countdown timer, one that I think was based on the 24 TV show or something.

Truthfully speaking it probably wasn’t that well edited and it was also probably a quirk of whatever recording system they used (or they just really liked 24), but that clock really left a strong impression on me. It made me wonder what was going to happen in the next episode, what big thing might occur next and just overall enhanced my sense of suspense. I’ve sadly never been able to find it again and most SA1 playthroughs have a really clean modern way of doing things, but I’ll honestly never forget this first experience with SA1.

So what about you guys? Got any stories like that?

• Thumbs Up 1

I was actually remembering something that might count last night: Once, during a replay of Sonic Heroes's final boss, I used the Team Blast glitch to finish the boss even faster than I had before.

Because of this, there was voice clip/conversation that happens after a number of hits that is apparently so mandatory that it played even throughout the final Team Blast and continued to finish itself even as Metal Overlord reeled from the attack before falling through clouds below, only managing to say "No! I HAD it ALL!" before the victory animation and voice clips played.

This concluded in a pretty epic, yet creepy finish: Team Super Sonic said their victory dialogue as they normally would, only to have Metal Overlord proclaim seconds afterward "I AM THE UL-TIMATE OVERLORD, METAL SONIC! I AM THE REEEAL SONIC!!!(sonicsonicsonic)."

And then the grading screen and it's music plays.