Awoo.

Hellboy (2019)- “Even Demons have demons”

Graystripe2000

An R-rated reboot of the Hellboy film series starring David Harbor is coming in April, and the first trailer has dropped.

• Thumbs Up 1

looks cool to me! Looking forward to it. Also am surprised they haven't tried to make a netflix series or something out of Hellboy yet.

I've always been amused by projects like this. You had a property that people had liked (maybe not set box office records, but were enjoyed), and a director and main star who were fighting for years to get another entry off the ground. But ultimately they were told with finality that no, people don't want another movie, so stop asking. And then a reboot gets absolutely ramrodded into production immediately after that.

It's perhaps not quite Amazing Spiderman cynical, but it certainly reminds me of when Mythbusters was cancelled and then immediately restarted with another cast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, nope. I miss Guillermo del Toro's Hellboy. 

The lack of Abe Sapien and Liz Sherman is being felt strongly. 

Also, if that scene with the Nazis is the origin of Hellboy for this movie? I can only say one thing. 

That yeah. It looks cheap and lifeless compared to del Toro's near perfect take of the comics. 

Like shit, if you were supposedly going more comic accurate then why is it that I can take reference images from the books to the actors playing them and be confused about who they're playing? 

latest?cb=20091128045524

Hellboy_EW-watermark.jpg?resize=740,493&

Like I get it. Deadpool isn't as ugly in the movies as he is in the comics. But I mean... Where's the personality to them? And god damn it, if you're going to do this much CG then why can't I have a Hellboy with the demon feet. 

bprddyk-6-fc-sol1.jpg?w=450&w=1000&c=sc&

HOOVES, DAMN IT. GIVE ME THE PEETS. 

Like, I'm sorry. Del Toro did a near perfect adaptation of Seed of Destruction and the Golden Army is still a damn good movie too. They damn near capture Mignola's imagination in film considering how in tune Guillermo's artistic sensibilities were with Mignola's. 

Yeah no, sorry. I'm not biting. The Amazing Spider-Man comparison is more than apt. I'm kind of really bummed out about this. 

• 2 months later...