SatAMhog

Think we'll get two Sonic games in 2019?

Yeah if they do tease a new game (which i think is likely) it will hopefully break the mold of late year releases and come out early 2020. This year seems to early for a new proper 3D game

They should be at least one game a year...we got two in 2017, nothing in 2018 as Sonic Mania Plus was just the physical release(mobile phone games don't count), and one in 2019 which was a game MEANT for 2018...you could do a game in the style of Sonic Mania in less than a year with the resources Sega has.  This is disappointing Sega...you should have something for your fans other than a delayed game that meant to be a filler.  If Pokemon can release yearly games and keep up quality then so can you, considering how short the games are! 

24 minutes ago, SatAMhog said:

They should be at least one game a year...we got two in 2017, nothing in 2018 as Sonic Mania Plus was just the physical release(mobile phone games don't count), and one in 2019 which was a game MEANT for 2018...you could do a game in the style of Sonic Mania in less than a year with the resources Sega has.  This is disappointing Sega...you should have something for your fans other than a delayed game that meant to be a filler.  If Pokemon can release yearly games and keep up quality then so can you, considering how short the games are! 

That's a surefire way going back to the 2000s era of Sonic Team pumping out mostly subpar games few people outside diehards are happy with (with the rare good or terrible game coming out every now and then). 

...except back in the 2000s, the Sonic brand hadn't been completely tarred to the point that the games don't sell beyond Sonic enthusiasts. Pumping out annual Sonic games might not be something Sega and Sonic brand managers can even afford to do anymore nowadays.

2 hours ago, Yeow said:

That's a surefire way going back to the 2000s era of Sonic Team pumping out mostly subpar games few people outside diehards are happy with (with the rare good or terrible game coming out every now and then). 

...except back in the 2000s, the Sonic brand hadn't been completely tarred to the point that the games don't sell beyond Sonic enthusiasts. Pumping out annual Sonic games might not be something Sega and Sonic brand managers can even afford to do anymore nowadays.

Yeah, Rise of Lyric’s impact is still felt today. It really did set us back, and we thought we were on track to a recovery. 

I can't feel moved by Iizuka's words about the next Sonic game. Surely it's because there's nothing substancial to be excited about anyways, but there was a time, not long ago actually, when these simple words would spark joy and excitement from me. That was right after Sonic Generations. It felt like SEGA was going to get things right. But they found a way to release another mediocre game... But then, again, another game recaptured that joy and excitement feeling. The feeling of counting the days to get my hands on a new Sonic game. Sonic Mania. The future didn't looked too bright this time tho', because we already knew Sonic Forces was being worked on alongside Mania and it looked like yet another mediocre game. And it was mediocre. It came when Sonic Mania's success was still echoing, a 6 out 10 game released only a couple of months after "the best game in 15 years" from the same franchise. This rollercoaster is so tiresome. How can we go on? What's so hard to figure out? SEGA has right now amazing talent on their speed dial, I bet real money the Mania crew alongside new and talented blood can make not just another great 2D game, but even one great 3D game as well. Because talent and greatness won't come from working years on a lightning engine, but from understanding who are your characters and world. Understand why this franchise once was so great and fun to play. And these guys do. Iizuka and SEGA, please, realize this too. You gave permission to other studios make their Sonic games before like it wasn't one of the most iconic IPs in the history of gaming. It took you a few missteps... Dimps, BioWare, Big Red Button. But now you found the right people to do the job. Take this chance again.

Sonic mania 2 perhaps.

I would not mind a Sonic Heroes 2 or Sonic Adventure 3. I like Sonic Heroes because the pace did not slow down, even when you did not play as Sonic. One of the most well-done Sonic titles imo. Sonic Adventure was also well done because the other characters where semi-optional for completest. SA 2 & 2006 forced them upon players.

Maybe E3 will have an announcement; who knows.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:53 PM, Your Vest Friend said:

Welp. 

It's a yes then. 

On 4/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, MarioAmigosYT said:

After Sega Fes... yes, we will get two Sonic games this year

Thread over.

Oh really?

Well, I suppose it has been a good enough halt, but still.

I could see the next classic by the Mania team released in late 2020, announced at SXSW next year, they have to show something after all. Wish they would announce it this year though. Next Modern game I predict is gonna be in 2021 obviously, and I think it's not an Adventure remake but it will still celebrate the 20th anniversary of SA2, Shadow, the Chao and 3D Sonic. Fingers crossed it turns out good.

On 7/9/2019 at 2:40 AM, Tangled Jack said:

I could see the next classic by the Mania team released in late 2020, announced at SXSW next year, they have to show something after all. Wish they would announce it this year though. Next Modern game I predict is gonna be in 2021 obviously, and I think it's not an Adventure remake but it will still celebrate the 20th anniversary of SA2, Shadow, the Chao and 3D Sonic. Fingers crossed it turns out good.

Or maybe 2020’s the series’s first ever flat-out gap.