Awoo.

Christmas 2018! (General Discussion/Christmas Haul)

Ryannumber1gamer

It's that time of the year again! The time of snow, decorations, chocolates, and about fifty different movie channels dedicated around the subject - it's Christmas! An annual topic on SSMB, feel free to use this topic to talk about how your holiday has been going, how your Christmas haul is, and just Christmas in general. So, if you've celebrated the season early with your family, or if you're just catching up on some older Christmas movies and shows, feel free to talk about how the holiday has been treating you!

• Thumbs Up 3

Not doing a lot really. Only major difference is I've been working in a shop for the first time since October and in during Christmas. My first experience of working in the madness of people coming in buying a ton of stuff and returning stuff as well. Its a tough time to get through the hustle and bustle but tomorrow its over and it wasn't all bad. Least I get to wear my Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas jumper that people including one of my managers kept confusing for Fortnite O.O

Time flew in, and that's a surprise since shortly after I started working, before Hallowe'en even took place we were already starting to sell Xmas stock.

I'll report back later on my haul.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly, for the first time, I'll be working on Christmas day. When you're working at a resort for Disney, you're lucky if you can even get the day off before everyone else during holidays.

That said, I'll be opening my presents before work with the rest of my family, and then have a big dinner after work... not to mention my job is not a bad one, so it's not all dreariness on christmas.

Looking forward to whatever I have and how my family reacts to the stuff I got them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look, I know I've said some of my feelings in a recent status update, but really? It's not all bad. I appreciate the sentiment, and the gifts are quite thoughtful!

FIRST HAUL! (Father's gifts)

Xyk32a4.jpg

Izuku Midoriya Figma!

Okay, I've mentioned this is a bootleg, so let me explain... Good Smile Company creates Figmas, and they label their boxes with their logo. A bootleg doesn't have the logo, of which you'd find in the top-left corner, which here is empty. Aside from an okay paint job with odd mistakes, the figurine itself is fine! I mean, the stick that allowed the figure to stand was loose, but one quick tightening up with a screwdriver, and he's as good as the real thing!

Such a thoughtful gift, I appreciate it all the same~ I've told my father now what is the difference between a bootleg and the real thing, and he was quite surprised. The difference is quite telling, from just the box! Not a mistake he'll make again, but still a good figure and a great gift~!

FJunFB2.jpg

My Hero One's Justice!

If I love video games and My Hero Academia, this gift had only made sense...

Hey, Ryan, I see you've got the game too. Wanna try this out some time?

gDO9dH9.jpg

YOU GOT THE MASTER SWORD

Ain't this a cool little gift? Foam sword, goes perfectly with my Hylian Shield hanging on my wall.

I also got an Amiibo, but as much as it looked pretty cool (it was Ridley), and as much as I appreciate that my father tried to get me the right one, I'm going to trade it back into stores to get a different one. My father understands completely, and I admire that he saw I would like an Amiibo at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

My Hero One's Justice!

If I love video games and My Hero Academia, this gift had only made sense...

Hey, Ryan, I see you've got the game too. Wanna try this out some time?

Sure, I’m up for it. Haven’t played much of One’s Justice since it literally begins story mode right where I left off in the anime (Hero Killer) and I was waiting to get caught up before continuing, but it should be fun to try this out online.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alongside chocolate, I got 2 Playstation 4 games this year.

First off,

Persona 5

5580004_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

This time, I saw it coming. I've been interested in playing the game for a while, but with Joker getting in Smash I had to get this game. It's really fun and I can't wait to try it out.

And the second one

Yakuza 0

220px-Yakuza0.jpg

I played Yakuza Kiwami, a remake of the first game, last month thanks to PS+ having the game for free and I really liked it. I decided to buy this because it's a prequel to that game and I might just get Yakuza Kiwami 2 after.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

I'll show off an early Xmas present I got a couple of weeks ago. It was a surprise from a friend, who knows how much I like Piccolo. A very neat gift.

• Thumbs Up 1

My holiday has been dogshite. Not been feeling it at all. Joined in activities at work sure, but the family conflict has just been too much this year. 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

My holiday has been dogshite. Not been feeling it at all. Joined in activities at work sure, but the family conflict has just been too much this year. 

Well if they don't cut it, remember you got your friends here to have your back at this time.

• Thumbs Up 2

SECOND HAUL! (Mother and sister’s gifts)

Oh, it’s nothing big, just very useful items~

Bookstops, for the increasing amount of books piling up on my shelves! Put some of my figures on there, and it looks good~

A new phone cover! My old one barely protected anything, so this new one is better.

A sandwich toaster. I like making toasted sandwiches for lunch, but an old machine we had for that was terrible. Impossible to clean, the sandwiches never come out right, and I kept clamouring for a better one. And that’s what I got!

I also got cash from one of my grandparents, and my aunt and uncle. Cool! With the added cash from my mother, it’s time to make the most of sales tomorrow!

Third haul, boxing day sales, are coming right up... Then I’ll be back on January 7th for my Orthodox Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nier Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 from my cousin. I'm not sure when I'll get to them since I have a backlog on this system already, but I was eyeing those two for some time so it was a pleasant surprise.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is not a gift... My sister adopted a dog a few months ago.

She brought him over today and its the first time I've seen him.

Say hello to Woody.

• Thumbs Up 4

Good dog

Time to show off the rest of my haul or the vast majority of it. I'll share these in tweet form.

Plus there was a lot of body & bath stuff, clothing and lots of chocolate.

Already tried out the VR headset, not on a VR game but on Just Cause 4 to see the cinematic mode. Its actually really cool in itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

My haul was pretty great myself. In terms of the bigger things, I received the Deluxe Limited Edition Blu-Ray version of Batman the Animated Series, which includes not only all of the episodes, but Mask of the Phantasm and Sub-Zero released on Blu-Ray for the first time ever. This is gonna be my first time getting to watch BTAS fully so this was really great!. I also got Ant-Man and the Wasp on Blu-Ray.

I also received a Absolute Perfection SSJ Goku statue which is looks absolutely awesome. In terms of games, I got Sonic Mania Plus on Switch, the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection, and two Assassin's Creeds games. Got a few books and a few things like chocolates, and biscuits, as well as two small Mega Man figures to go with my Funko Mega Man - Proto Man and Rush!

All in all, I'm really enjoying my haul, already began working through Batman TAS (Up to Episode 6).

• Thumbs Up 1

20181225_104117.jpg

This is what I got for Christmas!

Some candy

150 bucks in cash.

100 bucks in gift cards.

Sonic Pixel Pal

Sketchbook

Nitro 5 Gaming PC

19 inch Drawing Tablet with a screen, plus an Adobe Creative Suite on the way!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

sT1Kj5L.jpg

- Sonic Forces

- Sonic Mania

- Crash N. Sane Trilogy

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy

- My Hero Academia vol. 16

Oddly enough, I'm actually enjoying Sonic Forces a decent amount but annoyed with Crash because of obvious jumps not landing lol Spyro's a ton of fun, too. Mania's fun, but I've played it the least so far.

I'm really glad to finally be up to date with the official MHS release.

I tried to recreate my old fan character in Forces:

81mHuRr.jpg

It's not perfect. There are no actual pants so, I need to use a bodysuit with short sleeves. The armbands are only there because that's the only gloveless solution I have. I'd love to give him a blank purple shirt, but so far no luck. And then there was the hair. I've got one piece of hair, but that was straight brown bangs and I needed messy green hair. The shoes aren't exactly like I originally wanted, but I like them. Also, I wish I was able to change the colors of the ears without the changing the snout. I'd rather have them pink. The tone of greens was perfect, though. Really surprised me.

• Thumbs Up 4

I bet what your pal CROW got for Christmas huh? Well actually I'm more confused than anything.

Firstly I got a battery charge meter thing to check batteries cept I'm not one who uses regular batteries anymore. And then I got a Bible? Ok I may not be the most religious person around but I do have my faith and all that. I just dunno. I feel like its just gonna sit there. The funny thing is that my parents got my brother the same Bible but I feel like that's gonna be more of a waste since he can't comprehend stuff like this too well and he doesn't have a good reading level. Ah well.

I did get a SNES Classic though which is nice because I do miss that era of gaming. And I have been enjoying it so there's that. I'll play more at my grandma's but we'll see. I do know what ever is left to get is money but I'm not expecting a ton of it but that's fine. I make money anyways hahah.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:23 AM, DiamondX said:

Yakuza 0

220px-Yakuza0.jpg

I played Yakuza Kiwami, a remake of the first game, last month thanks to PS+ having the game for free and I really liked it. I decided to buy this because it's a prequel to that game and I might just get Yakuza Kiwami 2 after.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Dood! You're gonna love it! I wasn't sure what to expect from this game but I ended up loving it so much it became my number 1 favorite game ever. Funny thing is cause I actually did beat it last night. Something hilarious did kind of happen but its spoilers.

Spoiler

When it hit midnight (ergo Christmas) the game was at the part Makoto found her watch repaired by Majima. I was actually laughing at the irony before going back to crying.

Don't open that until Christmas. But yeah I hope you enjoy it.

Anyways MERRY CROWSMAS 1 AND ALL! I sincerely hope everyone's wishes comes true.

• Thumbs Up 3

My haul this year isn't anything major, but it's good nonetheless.

There were only really two things I was really hoping to get by the end of the year. And luckily, I now have both of them!

IMG_20181224_003431.thumb.jpg.643b217df73843ed271c807928a45d43.jpg

First was Spyro Reignited, which I've been enjoying so far. I've only played up to the second world in Spyro 1, but already I'm starting to love this game. The presentation, the control... it's a lot of fun!

IMG_20181225_101209.thumb.jpg.dab222db88e19559fe8a3a85dde6c54a.jpg

The other big one was Smash Ultimate. Considering that me and my brother have been spending almost the whole day playing it, I think it's safe to say we're enjoying it tremendously!

The first character unlock I went for was the Inkling, and I'm starting to think they may end up being one of my mains...

Other than that, there wasn't much I really wanted to get. So instead, me and my mum agreed to put the rest of my budget towards seeing some films at the cinema. (Ralph Breaks the Internet, Into the Spider-Verse and Bumblebee, to be precise.) Good thing too, since I ended up loving all of these films!

So yeah, it's been a pretty great Christmas so far. Now we're pretty much just playing games until dinner's ready.

• Thumbs Up 4

I got $150, Titanfall (that I can't really play but oh well, I'll try), an Atari Flashback, some candy, and one of those helicopter drone things. It's called a Prapel Sky Rider.

• Thumbs Up 2

In terms of stuff got a modest haul. Plenty of chocolate stuff, a notebook, a colour therapy thing, the whole set of Sonic Totaku figures, a large Yoshi, Incredibles 2 and the Spyro incense burner. 

In terms of the general day, it's still been awful. I was hoping mum would be able to keep peace at least just for today, but nope. She got drunk, started her usual schtick then went upstairs in a mood because dad wouldn't have his Chrismas dinner straight away (bear in mind he works as a porter in a hospital, with no set schedule, did not have the day off and was only able to grab a moment to have lunch at 3pm. Dinner was 4:30pm). 

This has been the worst Christmas ever. I've got to look into moving out next year because I can't bear to live with my mum any more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

48415392_1000477766806395_8073521790346854400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=2b8660f03f566b46d3b6196eea90b503&oe=5C961490

• Mickey Mouse 90th Birthday Plush
  • Old Spice deodorant and aftershave kit. I make a joke every year about getting at least one set... 
  • The Twilight Zone on Blu-Ray. Been after getting the full show for ages now, so glad to finally have it.
  • Beard grooming kit
  • Some chocolates.
  • Two hats. Really happy with the NY Jets one especially.
  • A slim wallet with a money clip in.

And finally my main present they couldn't wrap. It's a guaranteed meet and greet with Billy Dee Williams, Lando himself, in London next year!

• Thumbs Up 2

Something has been weighing on me heavily that only started to manifest in a negative way, today. Despite that, it's been a pleasant day. Everyone seemed to be having fun and joking. As for what I got...

• Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate
  • Taiko no Tatsujin Drum'n'Fun! - Switch
  • Fitness Boxing
  • Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy - Switch
  • Persona Dancing bundle (3, 5 and a DLC code for 4.)
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy
  • *New* Surface Pro Keyboard
  • Neptunia: Black Heart figurine
  • One-Punch Man - Volume 14
  • Persona Q: P4 Side - Volume 3
  • Derren Brown book - Happy: Why more or less everything is absolutely fine

We also had some chocolates to share. Now maybe Fitness Boxing can help burn off all those calories.

• Thumbs Up 2

@VEDJ-F I'm very sorry to hear about your conflict this time of the year. Here's hoping next year things are sorted into a balance.

My Xmas has been pretty standard, I'm well past the age to get that excited about it anymore. It's gone through really quick as well, in fact the whole month has.

* Let's Go Pikachu.

* Coco and Dr Neo Cortex Totaku figures (already have the Crash one).

* South Park and Rick and Morty DVDs.

* Sweater and T shirt.

* Super Mario mushroom desk light.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really good day! It was one of the quieter years where me, my mum, and brother stayed at home with my sister, her husband and daughter coming over (as opposed to the years where we all go over to my other sisters, where it’s a tad noisier due to the larger number of kids). When we weren’t sat up at the Christmas dinner table we were watching TV. I thought Zog on BBC One was really cute, and we also watched Home Alone 2 and the Jungle Book. After they went home I sat down and watched the usual “festive” episode of Eastenders, hahaaaa...

Of course I had plenty of great presents:

pzEFTH.jpg

(^Let's Go Pikachu version)

3u37Gt.jpg

LtKQYl.jpg

DohrF4.jpg

(^yes, that is the Japanese version of the 20th movie)

Ie0Z68.jpg

7rSTzv.jpg

fUYDjD.jpg

Not pictured: Smash Bros Ultimate, Incredibles 2 and Christopher Robin DVDs, the graphic novel collection of Archie’s recent Cosmo miniseries, a nice little wooden music box that plays the Harry Potter theme, a cool nostalgic pair of Dreamcast socks from the Sega shop, and a bunch of chocolate ^^

• Thumbs Up 1