Awoo.

Persona 5 Royal| Releases 2020

DiamondX

Persona 5 Royal is a remaster of Persona 5 which is set to release next year for the Playstation 4.

It includes:

• New Phantom Thief Kasumi Yoshizawa
  • New Confidants
  • New Palaces
  • More story (a third school semester)
  • New Attacks shown for Makoto and Ryuji
  • Futaba All-Out-Attack
  • New minigames

A Switch version is bound to follow at this point. Here's hoping once we learn more.

• Thumbs Up 2

I want this to be for Persona 5 what Persona 4 Golden is to Persona 4. I love Persona 5, and if we got an even further expanded experience with additional confidants, side-stories, and more, then I would be over the moon. I also really want a Switch port because this would just be perfect for Switch. Better battery life and screen compared to the Vita.

• Thumbs Up 4

lol and just when I opened my PS4 copy of P5 that I bought a while ago

It seems like it's a ways off (this is an announcement of an announcement I'm guessing?) so I think I'll still get around to the base version sometime soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Sean said:

It seems like it's a ways off (this is an announcement of an announcement I'm guessing?) so I think I'll still get around to the base version sometime soon.

It's still absolutely worth running through the base Persona 5. It's still packed to the brim with content (My first save file which didn't even hit up all confidants is 100+ hours) and is one of the most polished Persona games in the series. R could be a long while off still so it's still worth running through the base P5 for the time being.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/30/2018 at 10:07 PM, Ryannumber1Santa said:

I want this to be for Persona 5 what Persona 4 Golden is to Persona 4. I love Persona 5, and if we got an even further expanded experience with additional confidants, side-stories, and more, then I would be over the moon. I also really want a Switch port because this would just be perfect for Switch. Better battery life and screen compared to the Vita.

Hoping it's on Switch too, even though I'm not sure how much they could add to a game that's already 100+ hours long, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Oh, and I believe the Vita does have a longer battery life than the Switch. At least when it comes to the more intensive games.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

The name has been revealed: Persona 5 the Royal. And it seems like we will have a female protagonist.

More info on April 24th.

• The title was changed to Persona 5 the Royal| New info in April 2019 (Still no Door-kun)
1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

The name has been revealed: Persona 5 the Royal. And it seems like we will have a female protagonist.

More info on April 24th.

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE ANNOUNCEMENTS

I don’t think it’ll be a female protagonist, but I think they’ll do what they did with P4G where they introduced a new character with a huge new side quest line that would end with gaining a new playable party character.

In my opinion, it’s pretty interesting to have someone adverse to the Phantom Thieves get dragged into their story, granted it sounds like if they don’t handle it well, it could come off as a bad retread of Makoto’s role in the story (Originally a rival and adversity to the thieves who later joined and became one of their primary members). I’m interested to see how it goes, but on the other hand, I feel like it’s a trend that occurred in the game enough between Sojiro, Sae, Makoto, and Goro.

Personally, I’d have preferred if we saw some of the original confidants restored to their original roles. For example, iirc - Hifumi was meant to be a Phantom Thief originally, becoming the team planner and building strategies until she was cut from the role and became a regular confidant, whilst the planning mainly fell onto Joker and Makoto afterwards.  

17 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don’t think it’ll be a female protagonist, but I think they’ll do what they did with P4G where they introduced a new character with a huge new side quest line that would end with gaining a new playable party character.

In my opinion, it’s pretty interesting to have someone adverse to the Phantom Thieves get dragged into their story, granted it sounds like if they don’t handle it well, it could come off as a bad retread of Makoto’s role in the story (Originally a rival and adversity to the thieves who later joined and became one of their primary members). I’m interested to see how it goes, but on the other hand, I feel like it’s a trend that occurred in the game enough between Sojiro, Sae, Makoto, and Goro.

Personally, I’d have preferred if we saw some of the original confidants restored to their original roles. For example, iirc - Hifumi was meant to be a Phantom Thief originally, becoming the team planner and building strategies until she was cut from the role and became a regular confidant, whilst the planning mainly fell onto Joker and Makoto afterwards.  

As I posted in the Smash thread, Pereden, a mod in Nairo's twitch chat and fluent Japanese speaker, said that that was what the dialogue seemed to suggest:

So it seems that it may be a Definitive edition of sorts, I guess?  Don't know for sure.  Maybe she could join Joker's party?  Or team up with Goro?  Or be a special confidant?  Or maybe all of the above?  We need more details to judge.

EDIT: She said Mishima but meant Goro

On 12/30/2018 at 4:02 PM, Sean said:

In hindsight Sean, it was an announcement of an announcement of an announcement...

The full translation that's been widely circulated is as follows:

Goro: What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?

???: I think helping people is a wonderful thing, but if I had to say, I don’t like them. I don’t think the Phantom Thieves’ methods will make the world a better place or help anyone. In the end, I feel like you can only solve that yourself.

It's also been noted that the character's uniform apparently indicates that she's a first-year, unlike Joker.

However, there is also widely circulated evidence indicating that she is a character of considerable significance, possibly on a par with the main character - but it's a potential spoiler for Smash Ultimate, curiously enough:

Spoiler

In other words, Smash Ultimate appears to feature a "Jane" costume for "Jack," the codename for Joker.

If she were to join the team, I wonder if it would be a temporary position similar to Akechi.

We know Persona 5 ends with Ren/Joker and his friends driving to the beach, and this girl isn’t there. And Akechi is presumably dead, which explains his lack of presence. So would this be possibly after 5’s events, or a “everyone forgot about her after her use was fulfilled” situation?

Her design is too bland to be a party member imo. You're looking at a protagonist. This is either an alternate take on the campaign or some sort of new side story.

Either way I might buy it if there's enough substantial new content. I'm not interested in just playing Persona 5 again with minimal changes.

Have protagonists had notable speaking roles in persona though outside crossover games and the anime’s? Why would they suddenly change that here?

Honestly dont think its a female protagonist, its going to be a new character, a new Social link, new Phantom thief since they said there Will be 2 new castles, and main characters dont tend to talk since you know  they always let players interpreted themselves on the main characters.

So, a few days ago, someone on Twitch mentioned to me that someone found the Nintendo Switch logo in the HTML of the Persona 5 website.  I'm not yet skilled with that stuff to a great degree, but I wanted to see what I could find.  While I couldn't find that, (Though I did see that somethings were definitely locked), I did find a webpage in the code that can't be viewed by normal means:

https://atlus.com/persona5/nopass.php

The certificate for the page was issued on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 according to the source that checks it on Chrome

Here's how I found it by the way: 

image.thumb.png.84eb54a29f345fbeac7d60a3a278f689.png

Now, considering in the HTML in straight up mentions 3DS and the PS3/4 releases of the Persona 5 games may mean it's just for the two old ones, but I don't see whey they'd block the resources for the web page.  Just something to consider.

EDIT: So it appears as though that's the page you'll see if you're underage.  Though that doesn't answer some of the blocked out elements when I was able to enter the age allowed version of it later

Persona 5 Switch is happening, Best Buy's database has leaked it. We know it's authentic because they also leaked Joker's Smash render.

• The title was changed to Persona 5 the Royal| Releases October 31st
  • PS4 exclusive
  • FEMC is not FEMC, just a new character
  • New palaces and some new kinds of attacks
  • Futaba All-Out-Attack

Persona 5 the Royal is an upgraded and updated version of Persona 5. New Confidants, new locations, new story events, Joker has a grappling hook (HMM, HOW FAMILIAR), new side-events, battle system upgraded, etc. Comes out October 31st in Japan.

I'm excited. GIVE ME MORE!

That better be a January or February release. Don't you dare think I could wait long enough.