Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog Meatballs

Indigo Rush

3SonicPastas.jpg

So, back in the day, Sonic had a lot of merchandise, and one of them was a kind of pasta. Me being both a Sonic fan and a pasta lover, this was too good to be true. But was Sonic's food merchandising limited to Italian food? I don't think so!

ChoccoRolls.jpg

Sonic Swiss Rolls!

sketshupuk.jpg

Sonic Ketchup!

ToothpasteTube.jpg

Sonic

Toothpaste!

FantaOrangeZoneSonicMiniCan.jpg

Don't you wanta?

These images were taken from SonicGear.org, by the way, but I wanted to focus on Sonic-based food.

What have you eaten with Sonic's blue smug mug on? Did it taste any better?

Oh my God I remember the Sonic Spaghetti-Os! *fangirl squee* Oh the memories!

But I've never seen the other two with the SA1 style art though. Nor have I seen any of the others there.

But the Spaghetti-Os! *nostalgic sigh* ^_^

I found some instant oatmeal packets with my Sonic comics, Quakers I think. They had Sonic game tips inside, and it looks like I saved the wrappers. From Game Gear to S3&K, the tips were printed on the outside of the packages with various Sonic graphics.

Edited by Goldar

I found some instant oatmeal packets with my Sonic comics, Quakers I think. They had Sonic game tips inside, and it looks like I saved the wrappers. From Game Gear to S3&K, the tips were printed on the outside of the packages with various Sonic graphics.

I remember that! I think there was an advertisement for an S&K wristwatch on there too.

I used to get the Sonic Spahgetti-Os all the time! I miss them :(

All this old Sonic merchandise reminds me of the bubble gum I used to get as a kid that was packaged in Game Gear and Genesis controller cases, and they came with collectable cards with tips for Sega games on there. Good memories haha

IC: I have never had any. Nor do I understand the difference.

--

OoC: Nope. Never had any. But, now I want some. (If I ever get my hands on any, I'll be sure to save the wrappers!)

Hehe. I want a time machine. =P

You, sir, just brought back some great childhood memories. Back in '00 and '01, I ate the Sonic Spaghetti-O's all the time. And whenever we were out of them, I'd ask my mom for more.

Ah, the Sonic Spaghetti-Os. I remember those so well, but not because I ate them. I saw them at a Kroger (the same one I got my first Sonic comic BTW) and I begged my mom for them. Of course she knew that I don't like Spaghetti-Os and only liked it because it was Sonic, she didn't get them. =P

Never had them, even though I've seen them around at the time - guess they were too hedgehogy for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember having Sonic spaghetti shapes. <3 I still check the tins isle for them. :(

Oddly enough, so do I.

They have Spongebob-branded green beans, by the way. :huh:

I remember seeing the Spahgetti-Os when I was young.

Man I wish I knew about the Sonic Fanta because I've always enjoyed the orange flavor!

Yeah, I still got a couple of full and empty tins of the pasta to the left.. they were made by Heinz thou, but the same thing.

I also have about a dozen open and unopen Sonic cookies, they come in a large pack with 6 smaller packs inside.

If you bought enough, you could connect 4 empty packets to make a picture of one of the characters.

I also have the wrappers of a Sonic ice cream.. it was a different type than the googly eyes one seen many times here.. it was some sort of fizzle rocket shaped ice cream.

Also have a few of the Sonic easter egg sets, comes in a Sonic box with an easter egg wrapped in blue foil and one of those bubblegum head Sonic figures.

... I'd probably recommend not eating those since they're 10+ years old :o

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

I remember the Sonic Spaghetti-Os. I thought they were pretty bad compared to normal Spaghetti-Os, which I loved, though that might have just been the flavor (did they make multiple flavors?). I also remember their being Sonic Life Savers around the time Mortal Kombat was big in arcades.

Didn't someone unearth a can of Sonic Spaghetti-Os a little while ago and tried eating them?

Edited by Tornado

Haha, not only do I have a can of those spaghetti-o's and the bottle of daddies' sauce, I ALSO have the toothpaste, AND the set of toothbrushes that accompanied it XD

I had some Sonic chewing-gum once... Pretty damn good it was, too!

Shouldn't Sega be endorsing SoniCola, or Hedgehog Wedges rather than churning out crap like Sonic Unleashed?

The Fanta, though... Now THAT does look cool!

I wanta Sonic Fanta ;_;

I wish they still made stuff like this (Gumball eyes don't count) and I wish we got it in the UK. As far I know we've never had Sonic spaghetti-o's over here.

I wanta Sonic Fanta ;_;

I wish they still made stuff like this (Gumball eyes don't count) and I wish we got it in the UK. As far I know we've never had Sonic spaghetti-o's over here.

I'm pretty sure we did, circa early ninties in the UK you could probably count the products Sonic didn't have his face plastered on with one hand, he was quite literally everywhere.

I think I've even got a Sonic bubble-bath bottle lying around somewhere...

Edited by FeathersMcGraw

Ahahaha... I had the Sonic 'Matey' bubblebath even before I knew/liked Sonic. Just because it/he was everywhere in the early-to-mid-nineties XD

In this one, Sonic's just... kind of there... as if he were a character of the franchise.

Wow... Sonic was pretty darn popular.

Edited by Particle Man