Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog Meatballs

Indigo Rush

I'm pretty sure we did, circa early ninties in the UK you could probably count the products Sonic didn't have his face plastered on with one hand, he was quite literally everywhere.

I think I've even got a Sonic bubble-bath bottle lying around somewhere...

Oh, well then I must have been too young to notice, which is a shame.

I had a bottle of Sonic Adventure shampoo like this one when I was 8 or 9:

2qxluz5.jpg

There are little rings in the case that you tried to stack on the same colored pegs.

I gotta admit I never got to play a Sonic game other than Sonic R on the PC and store demos until SA2 on the Gamecube and only had other exposure through AoStH, but I was determined to get a main series game after seeing that art. Then again this was the nineties, every kid loved Sonic even if they only had a vague knowledge of it.

Here are some more pics of the others I found:

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/USAHygene/ShampooGame.jpg

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/USAHygen...BubbleGameF.jpg

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/USAHygene/BodyWashSA.jpg

There were some others too. I think these may be 3D Blast era:

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/USAHygen...bathbubbles.jpg

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/USAHygen...eSABathgame.jpg

Edited by Cipher

Once upon a time you used to be able to get these Sonic crisps over here that really tasted bad but I insisted on eating them anyway being the psycho-kid I was. There were also mini Sonic biscuits too, which I think I still have the wrappers for somewhere, as each bag had facts about characters on the back. They also tasted bad ;__;

Good times.

T

• Thumbs Up 2

^ Bwah! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who done that. :lol: I can still clearly remember the taste of those Sonic crisps and they were rank. However, I felt it was my duty as a loyal Sonic fan to collect as many things with his face plastered on as possible (some things never change), so I joyfully declared my love (read: lied) of them to my Mum and she used to get them to stick in my school lunch box. Every. Single. Day. Whenever I ate them I half-expected to heave them back up. I can't think of one single kid I knew who actually enjoyed them.

The biscuits, however, I thought were lovely. I used to eat those all the time and was dead sad when they vanished.

I got all the different packets too, and have them stuck up on the wall right now. As much as I loved the taste, that was the best part about them: Collecting the wrappers. I loved reading the little facts on them. Plus I thought it was boss that Sally was featured on them (albiet in pink), 'cos I adored her and it was very very rare to see her on UK Sonic stuffs lol.

I can actually remember having most of the stuff mentioned here at one point or another. Nostalgia attack! The early-to-mid-nineties were the best. <3

The ketchup's another one that sticks out. I hate hate hate ketchup on stuff, and my Mum knew that, so it took a lot of arm-twisting to try and convince her I'd suddenly changed my mind so's we could get it. Then I threw a fit when she tried to bin the empty bottle...

Oh, and Sonic on Fanta Cans = Best day of my life. I loved Fanta and I loved Sonic, so... win-win!

And the Easter Eggs. Oooh, I think I had about all the Sonic ones that came out here... I still have one or two of the Cadburys boxes with a Sonic mugs included, but the bigger one I had which featured an image of Sonic in Sonic 3's special stage got shattered the day I got it. ): Keep meaning to replace that one of these days...

I remember one place... I think it was ASDA or Tescos? Or perhaps even both?... done Sonic Birthday cakes at one point too. It was sort of shaped like Sonic's head from what I recall, though I don't have a picture off-hand alas. After begging for my birthday and not getting one, I eventually got one at random later on (I was persistant if nothing else) and remember that was kind of awful too. Plus I seem to remember massive amounts of blue dye. My tongue and fingers were covered.

The thing I loved most of all though was the Sonic candy. You know the little star-shaped pieces that came in a container shaped like Sonic, and you could take his spikes off to get to it? I used to eat those all the time. Hold on, I have a picture here somewhereeee...

sonic-candy.png

I literally have an army of these, including the one pictured above with the candy still inside.

Which my cousin tried to eat when I stumbled across it in the garage a few years back, not caring it was about 12 years old then.

No love for the Sonic & Knuckles Milky Way bars? Ah, the good old days.

174px-WinningWaysMilkyWayAdvertisement.jpg

Also found this, Sonic on Cracker Jacks -

180px-CrackerJackSonic3Advertisement.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh...Spaghetti in a Can? Good thing I live in Italy, sounds gross to me. I remember some Cola Drink which sponsorized Sonic...Maybe Pepsi, or something like that.

The thing I loved most of all though was the Sonic candy. You know the little star-shaped pieces that came in a container shaped like Sonic, and you could take his spikes off to get to it? I used to eat those all the time. Hold on, I have a picture here somewhereeee...

sonic-candy.png

I literally have an army of these, including the one pictured above with the candy still inside.

Which my cousin tried to eat when I stumbled across it in the garage a few years back, not caring it was about 12 years old then.

OMG, I had one of those back in the day. Don't know what's happened to the model now though. So much nostalgia in this topic :lol:

I think me and my older Brother got the Spaghetti O's once. The one with the old Sonic on it. I never like Spaghetti O's though. But they had Sonic on them! :o

The only way I could associate Sonic with food here in Germany, would be all the McDonalds Happy Meal merchandise that they gave away. <3

Oh, the sweet memories. From the figures to LCD games, there was everything. Even for Burger King.

No love for the Sonic & Knuckles Milky Way bars? Ah, the good old days.

174px-WinningWaysMilkyWayAdvertisement.jpg

Oh wow, I don't know how I forgot to mention those.

As a kid I never actually liked Milky Ways. I have no idea why... I'd never tried them, but something about them just always put me off. Then I saw that ad on the back of an STC Issue (#52, I think). I was a bit wary about trying them, but I decided, the heck with it. And it turned out they were amazing and I found my new favourite chocolate. :lol: Never did win anything though... not that it mattered I suppose, 'cos I had the game and console already. I may even still have a Milky Way wrapper somewhere, I'll have to dig that out someday.

Also, Sonic Spinball sweets. Never once did I see those in stores, but there was that packet that came free with issue #46 of STC. Did anyone ever actually find those to buy on their own anywhere? No one I've spoken to can recall doing so.

Oh oh, and the Frosties promotion! Not actual Sonic food, but if the Fanta counts then I guess they do too. I remember eating them by the trolley load when they had that Sonic yo-yo promotion going on. I seem to recall him being on another British cereal box too afterwards... Wheetos, was it? I know it was a cereal I hated and my Mum refused to buy me them 'cos they'd only have went to waste, so I never actually got them myself. :S I do have the US Cookie Crisp box from '91 though that featured him.

Goodness GRACIOUS what did you do to his head? D:

You can pop it back on after the candy's out. It's supposed to come off. XD

Example with it on:

a.jpg

(Picture courtesy of SonicGear.org)

• Thumbs Up 1

sonic-candy.png

I used to have loads of those! I used to play with them as if they were action figures. Man, that brings back loads of memories, thanks for posting it! :lol:

Oh wow, I don't know how I forgot to mention those.

As a kid I never actually liked Milky Ways. I have no idea why... I'd never tried them, but something about them just always put me off. Then I saw that ad on the back of an STC Issue (#52, I think). I was a bit wary about trying them, but I decided, the heck with it. And it turned out they were amazing and I found my new favourite chocolate. :lol: Never did win anything though... not that it mattered I suppose, 'cos I had the game and console already. I may even still have a Milky Way wrapper somewhere, I'll have to dig that out someday.

Also, Sonic Spinball sweets. Never once did I see those in stores, but there was that packet that came free with issue #46 of STC. Did anyone ever actually find those to buy on their own anywhere? No one I've spoken to can recall doing so.

Oh oh, and the Frosties promotion! Not actual Sonic food, but if the Fanta counts then I guess they do too. I remember eating them by the trolley load when they had that Sonic yo-yo promotion going on. I seem to recall him being on another British cereal box too afterwards... Wheetos, was it? I know it was a cereal I hated and my Mum refused to buy me them 'cos they'd only have went to waste, so I never actually got them myself. :S I do have the US Cookie Crisp box from '91 though that featured him.

You can pop it back on after the candy's out. It's supposed to come off. XD

Example with it on:

a.jpg

(Picture courtesy of SonicGear.org)

That was the same with me, didn't like Milky Ways when I tried them when I was a small child but years later when they did the Sonic & Knuckles promotion I nagged my Mom to buy me one despite her reminding me how I don't like them so I tried them again and I loved them.

I remember the Frosties promotion too, I only managed to get 2 of the yo-yo's out of the set. I had the Sonic in a spin attack one and the Tails one, like most of my old Sonic merchandise from my younger days I don't know what ever happened to them :lol:

The Weetos promotion rings a bell but I can't remember what the promotion was though.

EDIT:

Found a couple of French ads for the Mc Donalds LCD games promotion that I haven't seen before. -

Sonic and Cream -

Just Sonic -

EDIT 2: Here's the pasta ad -

Unfortunately I wasn't a Sonic fan at the time all this stuff came out (I was too young), and so I've never tried any of it. ;_; Knowing me, I'd still eat/drink it anyway purely for the fact Sonic's on the front cover! :lol:

On the subject of Sonic food packagings, these are among one of my most wanted Sonic items, they're the kind of things I'd love to own due to their rarity and unusualness, but they never seem to turn up because they're the kind of things which get thrown away when they're finished with. =( Oh well, at least I have a Sonic cookie tin and Sonic Fanta can, which is better than nothing. (:

Wow, I remember the Sonic pasta for sure, and the McDonald's one as well! XD Yay for childhood.

This is an ice-cream treat my sister bought from the ice-cream truck that was passing by our neighbourhood:

IMG_0573.jpg?t=1252810679

Really.

Edited by Invistar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I remember the Sonic pasta for sure, and the McDonald's one as well! XD Yay for childhood.

This is an ice-cream treat my sister bought from the ice-cream truck that was passing by our neighbourhood:

IMG_0573.jpg?t=1252810679

Really.

May we never forget. ;_;