Awoo.

Retrospective/Documentary: The Sonic The Hedgehog Stage Shows

Badnik Mechanic

Decided to do another one of these and decided to look at a really obscure subject. All the various Sonic stage shows/plays.

Why did I do this? Well... in the research for my last video, the one about the Mascot costumes, I stumbled on a very obscure stage show that I've never seen anyone talk about.

In 2003, Sega of Japan held a Sonic Party, think Summer of Sonic or Sonic Boom but on a much smaller scale. Well at this event there was a stage show called 'Sonic & the curse of the vinta vs sonic velocity machine!' Holy monkey!

Sadly, there's no video of it, but there are a handful of pictures and accounts of the plot, so I decided to look more into it as well as some of the other sonic shows that Sega have done. 

During this time I also uncovered video of the Sally costume from Sega World Sydney and some footage of Sonic dancing at Sega World which is almost certainly the routine used in the show.

As before, any feedback on my videos/stuff I can improve on, do better, would really appreciate. 

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, Plasme said:

Watching it at the moment, enjoying it a great deal. Have you seen Cybershell's video on the Sydney Park?

No I can't seem to find it when I look.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

No I can't seem to find it when I look.

It doesn't exactly have much and I have no idea if it has images or such that you haven't seen before. 

From around the 10.00 mark. It's not anywhere near as analytical as yours though.

Oh that one, yes I think I did see it. The footage he uses is what I have in mine.

• Nice Smile 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2019 at 5:43 PM, Badnik Mechanic said:

Decided to do another one of these and decided to look at a really obscure subject. All the various Sonic stage shows/plays.

Why did I do this? Well... in the research for my last video, the one about the Mascot costumes, I stumbled on a very obscure stage show that I've never seen anyone talk about.

In 2003, Sega of Japan held a Sonic Party, think Summer of Sonic or Sonic Boom but on a much smaller scale. Well at this event there was a stage show called 'Sonic & the curse of the vinta vs sonic velocity machine!' Holy monkey!

Sadly, there's no video of it, but there are a handful of pictures and accounts of the plot, so I decided to look more into it as well as some of the other sonic shows that Sega have done. 

During this time I also uncovered video of the Sally costume from Sega World Sydney and some footage of Sonic dancing at Sega World which is almost certainly the routine used in the show.

As before, any feedback on my videos/stuff I can improve on, do better, would really appreciate. 

Do you have a link or way I can get the video you dug up of the footage of the sonic and sally costumes?