Jump to content
Rowl

Spinoffs for other characters?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

Sonic and his friends will be redeemed with proper approach then this will happen gradually when the time is ready to get their own games , I know it's a wishful thinking , but we here just discussing the idea , although we know it's not gonna happen .

The reason some fans want another Shadow game , because of the desire of redeeming Shadow , although that I don't support in this time ,  when Sega Sonic himself right  , but I understand why they are asking for it . If Sega and Sonic franchise were in an excellent condition , then him and Knuckles are the closest characters to get their games .

But Shadow was already redeemed--in Sonic Adventure 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DabigRG said:

But Shadow was already redeemed--in Sonic Adventure 2.

BUT he is already ruined in his own game that released after Sonic adventure 2 . Redemption is meaningful if it happen after something ruined , not before it . He wasn't getting mocked until his own game .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like a Knuckles game, because it would be nice if there was an explanation to how the hell Knuckles is the last of his kind despite Chaos wiping out the entire echidna tribe thousands of years ago. Then again if they did that, a certain someone might try to lash out with a lawsuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

I would like a Knuckles game, because it would be nice if there was an explanation to how the hell Knuckles is the last of his kind despite Chaos wiping out the entire echidna tribe thousands of years ago. 

I have found myself wondering about that as well.

Someone here had a interesting theory about it, but I don't recall where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

I would like a Knuckles game, because it would be nice if there was an explanation to how the hell Knuckles is the last of his kind despite Chaos wiping out the entire echidna tribe thousands of years ago. Then again if they did that, a certain someone might try to lash out with a lawsuit.

It never said there were zero survivors following Chaos' rampage. Just that he did enough damage to wipe their civilization off the map. A couple Echidna's dug themselves out of the ashes, and continued to guard the emerald all the way down to Knux.

 

I'd like to see another spin-off like Fighters MegaMix. Bring back Fighting Vipers, Virtua FIghter and even throw in Sonic the Fighters for good measure. It'd be ool to see Honey again and that it a lot of star power you could throw at a game right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I would like a shadow character action game

 

Action game ?? do you mean a game that play like Sonic game , but with minor gameplay changes  . cartoony style , but has darker tone .

25 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

It never said there were zero survivors following Chaos' rampage. Just that he did enough damage to wipe their civilization off the map. A couple Echidna's dug themselves out of the ashes, and continued to guard the emerald all the way down to Knux.

That's kinda suck , he is gonna guard that rock for the rest of his life alone on his isolated island . Who's  gonna guard if he died then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Didn't they also mentioned in a Sonic Boom episode that Knuckels is the last of his kind?

Yes, it was the one where he loses his memory for a bit and regains it retaining being reminded of that, causing him to go out looking for something to call a family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

Action game ?? do you mean a game that play like Sonic game , but with minor gameplay changes  . cartoony style , but has darker tone .

 

Character Action game

Like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta ECT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Character Action game

Like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta ECT

Then the game already exists .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gumbit said:

 what was Shadow the hedgehog 2005 then ?

 

A really bad ratchet and Clank style game mixed with a sonic game if anything.

If you haven't played any character action games I can recommend a few, so you can get context on how those games are not the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I always tell everybody when this kinda subject comes up... I WANT a Blaze spinoff game series with her as the ONLY main character with Sonic NOWHERE around to steal the spotlight. She has a whole dimension to herself which basically begs for more exploration on it's ideas. I feel I would probably want a original side cast to be developed when it comes to other characters Blaze interacts with, and nobody from the main Sonic dimension... (especially not Silver.) ...I wouldn't be against a entirely new main villain to be created for her to deal with on her world... However I am more fond of the idea of Captain Whisker being evolved and developed into a main serious villain and all that without Dr.Eggman's involvement... The idea that Robotnik abandoned Captain Whisker and his crew forgetting all about them where they are left behind on Blaze's world to become their own villain gang is a very interesting idea to me. Far as I am aware we have never actually seen Blaze's kingdom/family/underlings on her world... with her as a princess that seems like a important thing we should know more about and it opens itself up to some really decent ideas.

As for a loose gameplay idea? Maybe something little like Sonic Unleashed HD and Super Mario Odyssey.... My slightly more detailed thoughts is for it to be a high speed action based RPG with lots of exploration, mysteries to discover and many interesting characters she can talk with, including fun side missions/minigames. Lots of outfits you can dress Blaze up in... Perhaps even go as far to make the game a small scale open world game along with the other stuff I listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

As I always tell everybody when this kinda subject comes up... I WANT a Blaze spinoff game series with her as the ONLY main character with Sonic NOWHERE around to steal the spotlight. She has a whole dimension to herself which basically begs for more exploration on it's ideas. I feel I would probably want a original side cast to be developed when it comes to other characters Blaze interacts with, and nobody from the main Sonic dimension.

Seconded.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

...I wouldn't be against a entirely new main villain to be created for her to deal with on her world...

Like Null Mind! 😤

6 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

However I am more fond of the idea of Captain Whiskers being evolved and developed into a main serious villain and all that without Dr.Eggman's involvement... The idea that Robotnik abandoned Captain Whiskers and his crew forgetting all about them where they are left behind on Blaze's world to become their own villain gang is a very interesting idea to me.

Whisker and likely the rest of his crew were [primarily] created by Dr. Nega.

Interestingly, Pirate Plunder Panic seemed to suggest that's pretty much what was gonna happen.

6 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

 Far as I am aware we have never actually seen Blaze's kingdom/family/underlings on her world... with her as a princess that seems like a important thing we should know more about and it opens itself up to some really decent ideas.

No one besides Gardon, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Whisker and likely the rest of his crew were [primarily] created by Dr. Nega.

 

Ah right... Well I include him in my statement about that too as I honestly wouldn't want Dr.Nega around again on Blaze's world either considering he is just a Dr.Eggman recolor. Personally feels to me more could be done with the idea of Captain Whisker and his crew alone as-long SEGA would be willing to evolve their characters beyond "Henchman of a bigger villain behind the scenes." I just find robot characters in general offer a lot of ideas as they are very moldable characters... quite literally as robots can exchange their parts out for upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking an idea from the comics, how about a Treasure Team Tango game? In Sonic Universe, we got an adventure where Amy, Cream, Blaze and Rouge teamed up to go on an adventure. How about taking that basic premise, the women of the Sonicverse team up to go on their adventure? Yeah, I know, I doubt there is much interest in that sortof idea outside fandom, but I can't help but think a basic idea like it has potential. Make it a game aimed towards young girls, go with an art style that is perhaps a bit more cutesy, highlight the diverse cast of playable female characters so that young girls have the chance to identify with one of them. I was thinking maybe like a basic puzzle game, where a mechanic is that you have to switch between the characters to use their abilities to get past obstacles.

I feel like if we are getting into the conversation about how viable spin-offs are, I feel like it is worth pointing out that it doesn't have to be a triple A game. The 2 Tails games were both Game Gear titles, one of which only was released in Japan. A new spin-off doesn't have to be Shadow the Hedgehog sized. All you need is a modest team, a modest budget and a modest vision. If you decide to make a spiritual sequel to Tails Adventure, a metroidvania title starring Tails, it shouldn't cost that much to realise it. Make it download only, only advertise it through modest means like Youtube and gaming websites, have a price point akin to Sonic Mania, and then see if it works. If it fails, you shouldn't lose much, but if it succeeds, it could lead to a new sub-series, and that particular character becoming more of their own name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, silvereye27 said:

Taking an idea from the comics, how about a Treasure Team Tango game? In Sonic Universe, we got an adventure where Amy, Cream, Blaze and Rouge teamed up to go on an adventure. How about taking that basic premise, the women of the Sonicverse team up to go on their adventure? Ye

That's...not really what that story was.

2 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

 

I feel like if we are getting into the conversation about how viable spin-offs are, I feel like it is worth pointing out that it doesn't have to be a triple A game. The 2 Tails games were both Game Gear titles, one of which only was released in Japan. A new spin-off doesn't have to be Shadow the Hedgehog sized. All you need is a modest team, a modest budget and a modest vision. If you decide to make a spiritual sequel to Tails Adventure, a metroidvania title starring Tails, it shouldn't cost that much to realise it. Make it download only, only advertise it through modest means like Youtube and gaming websites, have a price point akin to Sonic Mania, and then see if it works. If it fails, you shouldn't lose much, but if it succeeds, it could lead to a new sub-series, and that particular character becoming more of their own name.

Yet another great idea. Make this happen, someone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

That's...not really what that story was.

Ah. Oops. It probably shows I never read most of it, only knowing about it. I thought that was the premise from the cover of SU #21. I still think the basic idea of a female cast Sonic game could be done though.

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

 

Yet another great idea. Make this happen, someone!

I think it has been suggested before, doing Tails Adventure 2 or Tails Adventure remake. I think it's probably the best game of the Sonic Game Gear games IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

Ah. Oops. It probably shows I never read most of it, only knowing about it. I thought that was the premise from the cover of SU #21.

Nah, that's just the way they chose to present that one. The cover for 24 is definitely more accurate to the bigger picture.

3 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

 I still think the basic idea of a female cast Sonic game could be done though.

Oh, it probably can. 

Might just have to watch who's front and center, though.

3 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

 

I think it has been suggested before, doing Tails Adventure 2 or Tails Adventure remake. I think it's probably the best game of the Sonic Game Gear games IMHO.

I didn't get very far when I finally got to try the original, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

I didn't get very far when I finally got to try the original, unfortunately.

I ended up using a guide for some of it. It can be a bit cryptic. I enjoy it but it doesn't have a patch on something like Super Metroid. But it is a concept I'd like to see done again, like I say, maybe more of a spiritual successor rather than an actual sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, Lord-Dreamerz said:

As I always tell everybody when this kinda subject comes up... I WANT a Blaze spinoff game series with her as the ONLY main character with Sonic NOWHERE around to steal the spotlight. She has a whole dimension to herself which basically begs for more exploration on it's ideas. I feel I would probably want a original side cast to be developed when it comes to other characters Blaze interacts with, and nobody from the main Sonic dimension... (especially not Silver.) ...I wouldn't be against a entirely new main villain to be created for her to deal with on her world... However I am more fond of the idea of Captain Whisker being evolved and developed into a main serious villain and all that without Dr.Eggman's involvement... The idea that Robotnik abandoned Captain Whisker and his crew forgetting all about them where they are left behind on Blaze's world to become their own villain gang is a very interesting idea to me. Far as I am aware we have never actually seen Blaze's kingdom/family/underlings on her world... with her as a princess that seems like a important thing we should know more about and it opens itself up to some really decent ideas.

As for a loose gameplay idea? Maybe something little like Sonic Unleashed HD and Super Mario Odyssey.... My slightly more detailed thoughts is for it to be a high speed action based RPG with lots of exploration, mysteries to discover and many interesting characters she can talk with, including fun side missions/minigames. Lots of outfits you can dress Blaze up in... Perhaps even go as far to make the game a small scale open world game along with the other stuff I listed.

You know. This is something I have on occasion thought about myself. I literally wonder why Blaze never gets any off her own spinoff games. It's clear that she is generally a likable character. And hell, I love her concept myself. Personality and all. Just imagining what you mentioned here sounds like something I'd love to see more of. I mean we had a bit of taste of it, with Sonic Rush Adventure. But not enough of one for it to amount to much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

You know. This is something I have on occasion thought about myself. I literally wonder why Blaze never gets any off her own spinoff games. It's clear that she is generally a likable character. And hell, I love her concept myself. Personality and all. Just imagining what you mentioned here sounds like something I'd love to see more of. I mean we had a bit of taste of it, with Sonic Rush Adventure. But not enough of one for it to amount to much.

Apparently, she isn't as popular in Japan for one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be down for Shadow to get another chance at his own spin-off, maybe tweaking some of the stuff that didn't work in his old game.

But my dream spin-off would be for the Avatar character. However Sega/Sonic Team wanted to do it, if they gave the Avatar character/concept it's own spin-off series, I'd be all over that. Even if they took the red wolf with the glasses and made him the 'default' version of the character, I'd be happy with that~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.