Awoo.

Ghostbusters (3): (Sequel to 1984 universe) *Teaser Trailer!

Badnik Mechanic

Edit: Teaser Trailer revealed!

So it seems that a new Ghostbusters movie is in production. Only it's not a sequel to the recent reboot, but a sequel to the 1984 verse.

It's being directed and written by Jason Reitman who is the son of the late Ivan Reitman, yup the actor who played Egon and directed the original 1984 movie.

The movie will be set in the present day, but is described as a sequel to the events of the 80s movies and will not be a sequel to the recent reboot.

Movie will be released around 2020.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/

(The animated Ghosbusters movie is still happening and is due for release after this one).

• Thumbs Up 1

This all seems like a little "too little, too late" doesn't it? Especially with Harold Ramis being dead. It won't really be the same without the whole old band getting back together.

• Thumbs Up 7

I thought Ghostbusters: The Video Game from 2009 should be considered Ghostbusters 3, or at least the closest we'll ever get to that.

Also, yeah, can't help but feel too little, too late, just like with the Terminator franchise.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Tarnish said:

I thought Ghostbusters: The Video Game from 2009 should be considered Ghostbusters 3, or at least the closest we'll ever get to that.

Especially since that is what they contributed to when Ghostbusters 3 was given up on.

Wonder what this one’s going to be about. Curious to see who’s going to fill the role of the 4th Ghostbuster (assuming they’re not planning to have just 3 busters).

7 hours ago, Tornado said:

So that means the reboot is officially DmC now.

No surprise there. They're just about as terrible as each other. 

Well....I guess DmC at least had. Some fun gameplay. Mind you,  nothing the original series couldn't do, and better at that,  but I digress. 

A part of me wants to be excited for this, but another part of me has been burned by concepts I was down with too many times, so naturally, I'm gonna be a bit skeptical.

This one goes into my "wait for the reviews" list.

Someone is being really bitter about the film's existence. Leslie Jones of the last film has given a really angry tweet about it.

Sounds to me like she does give a few fucks. Hoping for the best with this new one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah. This is a bad idea. Ghostbusters 2016 was good and the sequel to it could have easily retconned them into being a continuation of the old agency (not that it's necessary to do that). 

I mean, this is still following the plot of a new generation of Ghostbusters but now they're teenagers this time being trained by the old team. Soooo... a rehash of the game. Yawn. 

Ghostbusters 2016 is on par with the original Ghostbusters. Maybe, this was always an immature goofy cartoon of a series and we should have accepted that. Besides, what are you going to do about Harold Ramis? Make him a CG ghost that still works with the old guys? Yeah because that's totally better and more respectful than the nice little statue to honour him that we had in Ghostbusters 2016. 

Watch. They'll do that. It they did it for Tars Tarkin, they'll do it for Egon. This movie has bad idea written all over it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, The Tenth Doctor said:

Someone is being really bitter about the film's existence. Leslie Jones of the last film has given a really angry tweet about it.

Sounds to me like she does give a few fucks. Hoping for the best with this new one.

Nobody sane liked Ghostbusters 2016 and no amount of whining about le cheeto drumpf is going to get them to make a sequel to that shit.

That said, I'm fucking tired of reboots and rehashes. Fucking stop already. The original movie was great because of a great cast who are now old or dead. Leave it alone now.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

People don't like Ghostbusters 2016 not because of PATRIARCHEEH, it's because it was a shit movie. Lol.  Not everything is an attack on your identity. 

• Absolutely 1

More like nobody straight liked it. 

Look, I'm good with being a weird transbian who likes the movie. If that's my controversial opinion so be it. 

Also Ghostbusters 2016 > Ghostbusters 2 >>>>>>> DmC. . 

Don't @ me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, Ghostbusters 2016 is a nice movie, as good as the others. And it's a fact that many people hated it because it has a woman cast, just look at the comments.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Adamis said:

And it's a fact that many people hated it because it has a woman cast, just look at the comments.

Well, part of said cast certainly only helped give reasons to that hate. Just look at Leslie Jones' recent twitter rant. Saying " So insulting. Like fuck us. We dint count." , but having no problem that they did the same to the original cast and movies..sure gives off a "It's fine if we do it, but if we get the same treatment, that's a big NO-NO" mentality. Just because they got hired for a role once, now makes them feel entitled to those roles?

And what does Trump have anything to do with any of this? If that was supposed to be some kind of joke, it was a very weak one.

Insulting old fans and potential viewers on interviews probably wasn't a smart, or professional move either.

• Thumbs Up 1