Awoo.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Early 2020)

DiamondX

Here's what you get when you buy the Collectors Edition

dbzk_collector_en.jpg

965d3694ebf41b1564aba086e8e3167f_1920_KR

A lot of stuff. You can get it at the online Bandai Namco store. It costs $199.95

But if you're a UK person, it'll set you back £219.99. At current exchange rates that almost 70 US dollars more. Holy shit!.

Holy shit that statue looks nice. And expensive. I can't even imagine how much it's gonna cost here in Brazil haha A kidney, probably.

Well this confirms DLC as there is a season pass. What do you think we'll get, GT and Super?  Old DBZ movies? Or will it just bless us with being a ble to play PostBoy Piccolo?

I really hope they go down the route of GT, I really don't want them to do Super.

Not because I don't want Super, but I'd rather they actually make a full-blown sequel to Kakarot focusing on Super instead of just delegating it to DLC. It baffles me a bit that we're still retreading Z's story over and over again, and only Xenoverse has threaded near Super, and even that only went up to Goku Black's arc.  

21 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I really hope they go down the route of GT, I really don't want them to do Super.

Not because I don't want Super, but I'd rather they actually make a full-blown sequel to Kakarot focusing on Super instead of just delegating it to DLC. It baffles me a bit that we're still retreading Z's story over and over again, and only Xenoverse has threaded near Super, and even that only went up to Goku Black's arc.  

Actually, a whole game dedicated to the Tournament of Power might be cool.

Could even come with alternate endings and expanded powersets for some of the breezed through characters.

8 hours ago, Wraith said:

What areas in Super would facilitate an open world RPG? Most of the show takes place in tournament arenas. 

The different universes?

• 1 month later...

I ever wondered why Bandai never called CC2 to make a DBZ game all these years. Now they have, and it shows. Such attention to detail. They captured scenes from the anime pretty flawlessly, just like they did with the Naruto Storm games over the past decade. I love all the little stuff you can do besides fighting, like driving cars, fishing, playing baseball or jump fly around. It reminds me of one of the last DBZ games on the PS2, Dragon Ball Z Infinite World, which also had these missions that breaks the flow (in a good way) between throwing punches, and I enjoy this a lot.

Also, I can not put in words how happy I am that they're using the anime songs, not just the vocal themes, but some of the BGM too. The Kikuchi score is what defines DBZ to me, I always hated those generic butt-rock songs most DBZ games had over the years 😒

Its impressive to me how much content it feels like is packed into the game, to the point where with these saga trailer, it nearly feels like each saga is getting it's own individual game. The Buu Saga alone is gonna cover the less important stuff like Gohan's high school years, training Videl, the world tournament, Goku teaching Goten and Trunks about fusion, Goku and Gohan training together on Supreme Kai's world as Gohan unlocks his hidden potential, hell, even the fights are covering stuff like Buutenks, which rarely tends to get represented, usually it's straight to Super Buu, or Buuhan.

It is so nice to see a game try to make an actual comprehensive story out of all sagas, and not skipping details as opposed to other games where they just go for major fights and nothing else, I'm hyped beyond belief for this.

Yeah, I love all this little stuff sprinkled between the major fights, even if they're just minigames and free-roam missions, they at least look fun. Well, this is an RPG, not a fighting game, so that makes sense. Super glad they're covering a lot of moments. Excited to patrol around as the Great Sayaman :^)

Imagine if they decide to cover GT? It would basically be an adventure game. I don't recall any Dragon Ball game that covered GT accurately, they always only cover the fights against Super Babe, Super 17 and Omega Shenron ;/ I wanna find the Dragon Balls.. in SPACE!

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It is so nice to see a game try to make an actual comprehensive story out of all sagas, and not skipping details as opposed to other games where they just go for major fights and nothing else, I'm hyped beyond belief for this.

This'll surpass Budokai Tenkaichi 2 as being the most dense game in covering story beats, having a more flexible game-play engine helps a lot, apparently.

It's pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 7:02 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Its impressive to me how much content it feels like is packed into the game, to the point where with these saga trailer, it nearly feels like each saga is getting it's own individual game. The Buu Saga alone is gonna cover the less important stuff like Gohan's high school years, training Videl, the world tournament, Goku teaching Goten and Trunks about fusion, Goku and Gohan training together on Supreme Kai's world as Gohan unlocks his hidden potential, hell, even the fights are covering stuff like Buutenks, which rarely tends to get represented, usually it's straight to Super Buu, or Buuhan.

Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall Super Buu transforming into the the Gohan form with some of Gotenks abilitie in the Budokai Tenkaichi games.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, Jango said:

Yeah, I love all this little stuff sprinkled between the major fights, even if they're just minigames and free-roam missions, they at least look fun. Well, this is an RPG, not a fighting game, so that makes sense. Super glad they're covering a lot of moments. Excited to patrol around as the Great Sayaman :^)

Imagine if they decide to cover GT? It would basically be an adventure game. I don't recall any Dragon Ball game that covered GT accurately, they always only cover the fights against Super Babe, Super 17 and Omega Shenron ;/ I wanna find the Dragon Balls.. in SPACE!

There was that beat em up on GBA where Oozaru baby was the final boss, iirc. Lost that double game chip that came with Buus Fury years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 10:40 AM, Jango said:

I don't understand a single word, but this looks very nice. Love the fidelity.

Looks like they took a cue from that one TMNT game. 

That guy in the Material shop, isn't he the asshole who shot Buu's dog? Please let me kick his ass!

• Chuckle 1

6 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

That guy in the Material shop, isn't he the asshole who shot Buu's dog? Please let me kick his ass!

...Holy shit...

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/7/2019 at 10:51 PM, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Robo Walkers?

Interesting that Vegeta also uses a fishing rod instead of a tail.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:26 PM, The Tenth Doctor said:

On 12/7/2019 at 11:33 PM, Ryannumber1Santa said:

...Holy shit...

spacer.png

Van Zant, wtf?

Honestly, the head shape is wrong--closer to Barry Khan.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Robo Walkers?

Interesting that Vegeta also uses a fishing rod instead of a tail.

Van Zant, wtf?

Honestly, the head shape is wrong--closer to Barry Khan.

Barry Khan has more messy hair, not to mention he's wearing the exact same clothes as the picture. Honestly think they just rounded his head. Can imagine his back story now, a repressed salesman who is irritated by his clients until the Buu apocalypse happens and he decides to do what ever he wanted, by that I mean shoot all the people he could who have driven him nuts over time. Then he takes it too far and shoots Buu's dog and Mr Satan.

3 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Barry Khan has more messy hair, not to mention he's wearing the exact same clothes as the picture. Honestly think they just rounded his head. Can imagine his back story now, a repressed salesman who is irritated by his clients until the Buu apocalypse happens and he decides to do what ever he wanted, by that I mean shoot all the people he could who have driven him nuts over time. Then he takes it too far and shoots Buu's dog and Mr Satan.

Mm...better or worse than some rich dude who decided to gun things down with his butler?

Oh boy, the Naruto Storm series boss fights... Now in Dragon Ball Z!

Awesome music too! I don't recall this specific track, but sounds 100% Kikuchi (edit* it's a slight remix!) 😮

Edited by Jango

• 4 weeks later...

Reviews haven't released yet, but there's tons of sites pushing out unfinished reviews, and impressions of what they've played so far, and from what I see, they seem to be fairly positive so far!

Also, I don't want to spoil it specifically, but it isn't just anime fanservice in here too. Other original DB works have cameos and fan-service included, including some other games. So far...

Spoiler

Android 21 appears as a NPC outside a city during the Android saga, claiming she's investigating for some research:

zn8ojgjlfxa41.jpg

The trophy list also confirms Mira from Xenoverse is a secret boss.

Review scores so far from Metacritic: 

GamingBible: 90 out of 100

AreaJugones: 85 out of 100

Hobby Consoles: 85 out of 100

Gameblog.fr: 80 out of 100

Vandal: 80 out of 100

Everyeye.it: 75 out of 100

TheSixAxis: 70 out of 100

Overall MetaScore is currently sitting at 81.