Awoo.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (Early 2020)

DiamondX

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Also, I don't want to spoil it specifically, but it isn't just anime fanservice in here too. Other original DB works have cameos and fan-service included, including some other games. So far...

Hide contents

Android 21 appears as a NPC outside a city during the Android saga, claiming she's investigating for some research:

zn8ojgjlfxa41.jpg

The trophy list also confirms Mira from Xenoverse is a secret boss.

Question: 

Spoiler

How long was she supposed to have been active in Fighter Z?

Just finished up the Saiyan Saga, I've been having a lot of fun so far. The combat's got a few flaws, but is fairly fun when you get used to it, and for the boss fights, they all have a noticeable pattern that you can work out and punish, instead of just being the ki spam nonsense found in Xenoverse.

The graphics, and retelling of DBZ is the best game easily in terms of story. There's so much fanservice, extra touches, and what have you that make it really fun to play through. This is about the first time I've ever given a shit about seeing Gohan grow, and I liked how it's even reflected in game. First time you play as Gohan, he isn't even able to run, then he grows up a little more and you can run, jump, and hunt, then you unlock more as Piccolo continues to train you up. When the game really goes all-in on the cutscenes, it's downright spectacular. Goku and Vegeta's fight in particular is a spectacle to behold. 

I also really like how it uses RPG mechanics to represent story fights. Nappa is several levels ahead of Gohan, Piccolo and such, so he ends up being a powerhouse you need to be very careful fighting with. Goku appears and he's higher level than Nappa, and easily destroys him, only for Vegeta to end up being an even higher level again, requiring Goku to go on the defensive again. It's really neat so far.

If you're a DB fan, I think you'll love it, if you're looking to get into DB, I think it's worth a shot, because it's easily the best game retelling so far, and has a fair amount of coverage and detail to make you care enough about the story, although granted, I think you need to be willing to forgive a few issues here and there.

• Thumbs Up 1

How are there like no actual number reviews yet and this game is already out. Unless I'm just not seeing them?

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

How are there like no actual number reviews yet and this game is already out. Unless I'm just not seeing them?

There weren't any review copies sent out so it'll be a couple more days before there's some concrete impressions.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

There weren't any review copies sent out so it'll be a couple more days before there's some concrete impressions.

Ahh, that kinda thing always makes me worry so I'll be waiting until then 

11 hours ago, Soniman said:

Ahh, that kinda thing always makes me worry so I'll be waiting until then 

Well, review copies did go out, they just didn’t go out til 1-2 days until release.

There is about 20 listed reviews on Metacritic right now. Majority of them is 80-90, with the rest falling around 70-80 mark, and a few stragglers at 60-70.

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, review copies did go out, they just didn’t go out til 1-2 days until release.

Waiting that long to put out review copies is still generally a bad sign

• 1 year later...

Edit: Nevermind, the Switch port was confirmed fake by the same Instagram account. Boo.

Also, the final DLC has been announced, its The History of Trunks.