Awoo.

Leadership and Team Dark

dbzfan7

On 1/24/2019 at 10:40 AM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

An easier way to say this; Shadow may be a hero and will risk life and limb to save the day, but that doesn't make him a good guy.

...I think he's a good dude. But ok

I vastly prefer when Shadow does bad stuff, makes for a more interesting story honestly. His lack of morals is my favorite side of Shadow.

To put it another way, Shadow actually needs to start acting like a foil to Sonic instead of a heroic counter part. Sonic would benefit on having more willingly temporary allies than playful allies he banters off with. Shadow is at his best when he's a wild card to even sonic in motives and attitude, so while sonic is usually his cocky self, Shadow is the condescending prick that hates childish behavior and disrespects sonic while keeping him tested and toughed up in order to make sure he needs to take a threat serious.

53 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

To put it another way, Shadow actually needs to start acting like a foil to Sonic instead of a heroic counter part. Sonic would benefit on having more willingly temporary allies than playful allies he banters off with. Shadow is at his best when he's a wild card to even sonic in motives and attitude, so while sonic is usually his cocky self, Shadow is the condescending prick that hates childish behavior and disrespects sonic while keeping him tested and toughed up in order to make sure he needs to take a threat serious.

While I agree with your second sentence here the rest of what you said rather fails to make much sense to me. If there is one thing Shadow has always been compared to Sonic who is typically motivated by protecting those he sees or having a good time is that he is extremely objective focused. Even in SA2 when he rescued Rouge she was in possession of Chaos Emeralds and destroying the island was already an imminent conclusion so he had already accomplished his objectives. Even in his own game he mostly kept his eyes on whatever his objective was at any given time making sure to see it through to completion. If anything, that focus of his part of what makes him a decent enough leader as even when he does let himself get playful such as racing Sonic through Crisis City and Flame Core in 06 he is still objective focused. His ability to compartmentalize and prioritize is actually one of his strengths as a leader especially when compared to Sonic who will get distracted by just about anything and everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

On January 21, 2019 at 10:40 PM, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

...I didn't say Shadow was an edge-lord? 

All I said was that..he's not really a paragon, like Sonic is. He's flawed, really flawed. That's not to say he can't be inspiring, but it's kind of hard to see because of those flaws he has. 

Probably off-topic, but I think this point could be further developed to put things in perspective: Sonic inspires in a positive way, like with Tails and Amy who more or less follow his path in their own unique way, but always wanting to do what is right.

With Shadow, I can picture those who want to get revenge and take matters into their own hands to be inspired by Shadow's feats and decide to do as he does. Difference here is that while Sonic doesn't mind if others want to be like him (as long as they don't put themselves in too much danger), Shadow would be the complete opposite since he knows what he is doing is wrong... but also necessary. The last thing he needs is for a bunch of amateur copycats to get in his way.