Sign in to follow this  
kaito

sonic generations windowed (dxwnd)

for some reason, when I use dxwnd v2.05.04 (new version) to open SG in windowed mode, it gives me an error, but with the old version v2.04.62 it's fine.
dose anyone know what's up with the new version?

I assume you're getting the typical "application won't start correctly" error here and from what you're describing (older versions working but not the latest) it sounds like an issue that's addressed in the dxwnd readme.

new: enlarged communication area - possible errors when running previous releases before this one!!!

Restarting your computer and then running the latest version directly fixes the issue I think.

@spinny on the new version I get this error, even after restarting.

Spoiler

f1.PNG.55212408a3b98f61988954e63927c234.PNG

but yeah, old version works fine.
one question, my screen width is 1280 pixels, so i set window width to 1280 in dxwnd, but when i run the game, window width is 1264.
for some reason, it cuts off 8 pixels from the left and right side of the screen. can i turn that off somehow?