Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures Special Remix - "Big Arms" by Tee Lopes & Jun Senoue

Patron

Tee Lopes & Jun Senoue team up for an epic take on "Big Arms", the final boss of Sonic 3, in this extended, powered-up version of the original Sonic Mania Adventures mix. This is our first of five special remixes from Sonic Mania Adventures, so stay tuned for more coming soon!

"Big Arms"
Sonic Mania Adventures Special Remix
Tee Lopes & Jun Senoue

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Way Past Cool 1

The remix is great, never disliked Tee's stuff and hearing Jun shredding on guitar is always awesome.

That said, I still prefer Cash Cash's remix of Big Arms for Gens 3DS over this one, and it mostly comes down to the solo that version had. I know asking for the same track would be weird, but I was kinda disappointed not hearing the similar kind of solo.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

So we're likely getting extended versions of the classic remixes from Mania Adventures, huh? Sure wouldn't have expected that, but I totally approve.

I really wanted a straight-up release of the Mania Adventures' soundtrack but in a way this might actually be better since none of the music in the actual show was more than 30 seconds long without changing to something else.  Really hope we get a full version of that jolly little Collision Chaos theme from Episode 6, was oddly memorable and worked perfectly as a "theme" for Classic Amy.

I do have similar thoughts to Bobnik though where over the years I have somewhat "replaced" the original Big Arms with the Generations mix in my mind - it really makes the original melody sound very simple without all the ways Cash Cash played with it.  But this track isn't trying to be what that track was and that's fine - this really goes with the simpler context of Sonic Mania's music and art style better.

I like dem eletric guitars. I miss more rock oriented tracks in Sonic games. Nah, I really enjoy variety actually, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 have the perfect balance IMO. I love Sonic's hard rock tracks as much as Shadow's progressive rock, Rouge's jazz, Knuckles' raps... These music speak for the characters, it's so cool. Heroes' soundtrack is pretty great too and has the same balance, but to fit the levels' aesthetics instead of the characters (save the vocal themes of course). Now take Sonic Forces' soundtrack, every track sounds samey... And some are just unbearable (still can't believe Naofumi Hataya did Iron Fortress, are ya fucking kicking me).

Ironically my favorite soundtrack in recent times (save Sonic Mania) is Sonic Runners. It has some gems in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't hold a candle to the Cash Cash remix for me. Needs the intensity and this version just holds back on it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Doesn't hold a candle to the Cash Cash remix for me. Needs the intensity and this version just holds back on it.

I'm in complete agreement actually. I was kind of waiting for the big BOOM moment that elicited that feeling of big action within the remix and it just kinda of stayed rather calm. There's some tracks where I'm okay with that but I don't know if this is one of those.

It's not bad though.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is definitely the best remix of this track to date. It perfectly blends what's good about Classic & Modern Sonic music.

What do we think is coming then? Bet there's a Stardust Speedway remix like when Metal fought Mighty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular opinion (althought I see at least 2 person on the same opinion as me): in a pre-Generations world, this would have been awesome. But since we have the Cash Cash vs. Jun Senoue remix from the 3DS version of Sonic Generations, this remix feels more basic, bland and a step backward.