Awoo.

Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about the Sonic Series

DabigRG

24 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Too bad it can only be harnessed by "S" named male hedgehogs, as if somehow they were more virtuous/pure of heart than other less assuming characters. 😕

Wasn't that disproved in Mania?

1 hour ago, Skull Leader said:

Too bad it can only be harnessed by "S" named male hedgehogs, as if somehow they were more virtuous/pure of heart than other less assuming characters. 😕

And echidnas.

And machinery.

And human scientists.

And Black Arms.

And mutated Chao.

1 hour ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Here's a weird thing: In Sonic '06, the only person to notice Blaze's existence is Silver.

Never once is she spoken to or responded to outside of Silver. Theorise as you will, this could be a result of Blaze being literally shoved into the plot, and therefore incompatible with the rest of the game's story. The only person who speaks to her is Silver, that's all.

Honestly, I can't help but wonder a) why they used Blaze instead of just having an original character and b) if her presence was supposed to come up again and/or be explained.

34 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Wasn't that disproved in Mania?

How so?

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

How so?

Everyone has a Super form in that game.

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Super Eggman?!

Okay, maybe not everyone, but the playable characters at least.

Is it me or does the Japanese version of Heroes feature Amy with a higher voice than Cream?

30 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Okay, maybe not everyone, but the playable characters at least.

Yeah, funny how that worked out. What does Super Ray look like, btw?

15 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Not really? The emeralds have a magical/spiritual element to them but they also work just fine as soft sci-fi infinite energy sources. The Japanese Sonic 1 manual lays out their potential fairly clearly:

"Chaos Emeralds are a super substance that gives energy to all living things. Furthermore, they can also be used as nuclear weapons or high energy laser weapons by science and technology. "

I meant to say magitek instead of magiscience, but otherwise this is pretty much a textbook example.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Magitek

The Chaos Emeralds are listed under video game examples. They have always been artifacts with magical powers that the mad scientist wants to use for technological applications.

At the end of Sonic 1, the Emeralds cause flowers to grow. Based on what we knew/know about the Emeralds, you could have a legitimate argument about whether that was the result of magic, science, or (most likely) the two intertwined.

Super Mecha Sonic was not just supercharged on battery power, after all.

It occurs to me that the Animal World is generally a much lighter/safer place than it's Human counterpart, at least without the crossover.

Case in point, they respectively contained:

Sonic's World: Acorn Archipelago, Little Planet, Frog Forest, Planet Wisp & Mother Wisp, Time Eater, The Lost Hex & The Zeti.

Eggman's World: The Echidnas(Knuckles Tribe & Nocturnus Clan), Chaos, Gerald Robotnik, The Black Arms, Babylonian Garden & the Rogues(?), Solaris(formerly, if you wanna count it).

20 hours ago, DabigRG said:

It occurs to me that the Animal World is generally a much lighter/safer place than it's Human counterpart, at least without the crossover.

Case in point, they respectively contained:

Sonic's World: Acorn Archipelago, Little Planet, Frog Forest, Planet Wisp & Mother Wisp, Time Eater, The Lost Hex & The Zeti.

Eggman's World: The Echidnas(Knuckles Tribe & Nocturnus Clan), Chaos, Gerald Robotnik, The Black Arms, Babylonian Garden & the Rogues(?), Solaris(formerly, if you wanna count it).

Doesn't Angel Island, like, travel between the dimensions?

If not, then it was silly of SEGA to make the two worlds explanation and then have an island of Anthros and sapient animals be on the Human side.

(I still believe the Ice Cap balloon festival and houses in SA belonged to flickies and other animals. After all, that's who was there when we saw Ice Cap Zone before!)

2 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

I know, that's why I left it off as crossover. 

If not, then it was silly of SEGA to make the two worlds explanation and then have an island of Anthros and sapient animals be on the Human side.

Well,  Mystic Ruins is allegedly a remnant of the Echidnas, so I guess that means they were there when things got out of hand. 

(I still believe the Ice Cap balloon festival and houses in SA belonged to flickies and other animals. After all, that's who was there when we saw Ice Cap Zone before!)

Oh, no doubt. 

Otherwise, Knuckles probably wouldn't let them be there.  

On 4/30/2019 at 1:32 AM, Legendary Emerald said:

The Chaos Emerald’s power has secretly always been alliteration. Ssuper Ssonic? Perfect. Ssuper Ttails? Fuck off with that nonsense!

Bburning Bblaze on the other hand...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 1:32 AM, Legendary Emerald said:

The Chaos Emerald’s power has secretly always been alliteration. Ssuper Ssonic? Perfect. Ssuper Ttails? Fuck off with that nonsense!

I wish an 'Excellent Eggman' transformation would be a thing based on that.

• Promotion 2

Dialogue in Team Sonic Racing does seem to indicate Zavok has changed quite a bit. Now he's become subservient to Eggman and is identified as the ex-leader of the Deadly Six. Given the way he acts, Zavok is apparently a broken man. That is, if this isn't just a Phantom Ruby clone of him. 

• 1 month later...

People often say that Chemical Plant Zone depicts a nearby city in its background.

s2-cpz-summaryimg.png

And that's possible. But as a resident of Southeast Texas, I feel obliged to remind everyone that plants can be very large and can look very... "urban".

chemical-plant.jpg

Singapore-Refinery-Jurong-site.jpg

Make sure you look at the background structures in these real world pictures. Those aren't cities in the distance; that's just more chemical plant.

With those beautiful red-orange lights, heh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, never noticed that... Still, it could be a Chemical Plant near a city (which would be dangerous AF, but hey, wasn't Eggman the one who built it?). That could be even more dramatic when you think about it. 

You could say that in Team Dark's theme, "This Machine", the one talking is Shadow, although the title might make you think the narrator is Omega.

Heck, I think Team Chaotix's theme is the only one not sung by a character!

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Of the songs in Sonic Heroes, Follow Me is the only one exclusively about Amy.

Or is it? :wink:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdaiJwY6ZFtDHltaS1MQ3

"Anywhere you wanna go
Anything you need to know
All the best in life
I wanna get it for you

Lately I just feel so fine
I imagine that you're mine
In my world, you're gold
I only wanna protect you

Whatever I want, I get
I want a shooting star
Whatever I need, I have
When I'm with you

Follow me inside, outside
Through the stratosphere
The moon is shining for you
It knows that I adore you

Suddenly all the sadness
Will just slip away
And you will see what I mean
If you just follow me in my dreams!"

399-3996979_cream-and-cheese-cream-and-c

The connection of Team Rose is different than any other team. They are on the same mission for different reasons but for the same reason: seeking to find/help the one they love most. The common thread to Team Rose is that each is fighting for someone he/she is totally devoted to.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, BaronGrackle said:

Or is it? :wink:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdaiJwY6ZFtDHltaS1MQ3

"Anywhere you wanna go
Anything you need to know
All the best in life
I wanna get it for you

"

399-3996979_cream-and-cheese-cream-and-c

The connection of Team Rose is different than any other team. They are on the same mission for different reasons but for the same reason: seeking to find/help the one they love most. The common thread to Team Rose is that each is fighting for someone he/she is totally devoted to.

Literally the first lines, eh? 

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Literally the first lines, eh? 

The underline was accidental! I meant the whole song. Some lyrics are more appropriate for certain pairs. "I imagine that you're mine" does feel most appropriate for Amy and Sonic. "I only wanna protect you" feels most appropriate for Big and Froggy. "Follow me" itself feels most appropriate for Cream and Cheese (Cream being the only one whose loved one is actually following her at the moment). 

Here's another. "Follow Me" is the only team song without any proper nouns!