Awoo.

Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about the Sonic Series

DabigRG

51 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

Why not keep up the tradition? Solaris is their god, of course they're going to keep worshiping it regardless of whether or not some secret experiment involving Solaris they never knew about in either timeline took place. This isn't a plot hole.

It is in the fact its never answered if blowing out the flame simply. A. stopped only the events of the game and solaris still exist wherever his reality eating self lives. B. Erased any trace of him completely. And if so then why celebrate it. How would the people even know of solaris if it never existed for the legends to even begin with or construct the idea. C. This is all thrown out the window for the fact both sonic and elise. (sonic moreso it seemed) seem to remember vaguely what happened so technically this could tie into A.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

As why have a tradition for something that never exsisted?

Welcome to religion. A thing doesn't have to be real for people to believe it exists. To my recollection '06 never makes clear where "Solaris" (as in, the actual being that splits into Iblis and Mephiles) comes from, if they captured their god or tried to make it from scratch. If it's the latter case then there's no reason that destroying it, even retroactively, would have any effect on their beliefs. If it was a preexisting being that inspired the religion, if it was only destroyed from 10 years ago on rather than wiped out from all time forwards and backwards, again this wouldn't affect the existing religion.

23 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Welcome to religion. A thing doesn't have to be real for people to believe it exists. To my recollection '06 never makes clear where "Solaris" (as in, the actual being that splits into Iblis and Mephiles) comes from, if they captured their god or tried to make it from scratch. If it's the latter case then there's no reason that destroying it, even retroactively, would have any effect on their beliefs. If it was a preexisting being that inspired the religion, if it was only destroyed from 10 years ago on rather than wiped out from all time forwards and backwards, again this wouldn't affect the existing religion.

I could get that. Plus i remember in the game they say they can not kill solaris final form. Only technically knock it out as it exist in the past, present, and future all at once.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, DabigRG said:

Huh.

Eh, I guess the issue with that detail is that Fang, kinda like Amy and initially Rouge, was seemingly meant to come off as out of his depth when it comes to the usual Sonic status quo.

Fang and Amy? Maybe. Rouge? Even in SA2 she was strong and as capable as any other. She was mentally sharp and went toe to toe with Knuckles.

In a conflict that involved a super fast hedgehog fighting for freedom, a clownish scientist using robotics to conquer the world, mystical gems of power, and recently a staut echidna capable of breaking through rocks, 

Breaking rocks ain't special.

PFgxNtL.gif

krZcdh4.gif

Punches that trigger Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions however...

HR0NWJ7.gif

AyapKMG.jpg

So the idea of him allegedly being from the Special Zone is rather out of theme when you think about it.

Not really? It's just a location he's from. Surreal and otherworldly but we've seen that even Sonic's dimension itself is like that what with miniature planets magically appearing on the surface his planet on a cycle, mystical floating continents, airborne land masses, tombs haunted by the supernatural and so forth.

Imagine how average and mundane the city life in the Special Zone probably is.

A location like this:

SUnqiPi.jpg

Doesn't look all that different from a city on Sonic's planet.

CDJJk0G.jpg

I don't see how the setting changes that.

2 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Fang and Amy? Maybe. Rouge? Even in SA2 she was strong and as capable as any other. She was mentally sharp and went toe to toe with Knuckles.

In her case, I meant in the sense that she doesn't actually care about conquering the world or saving it or government coverups or whatever--she's just feels entitled to jewelry and the Master Emerald is one of a kind.

Breaking rocks ain't special.

PFgxNtL.gif

krZcdh4.gif

Punches that trigger Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions however...

HR0NWJ7.gif

AyapKMG.jpg

Da foq.

Anyway, I brought that up because that one of the original ideas behind him.

Not really? It's just a location he's from. Surreal and otherworldly but we've seen that even Sonic's dimension itself is like that what with miniature planets magically appearing on the surface his planet on a cycle, mystical floating continents, airborne land masses, tombs haunted by the supernatural and so forth.

Imagine how average and mundane the city life in the Special Zone probably is.

A location like this:

SUnqiPi.jpg

Doesn't look all that different from a city on Sonic's planet.

CDJJk0G.jpg

I don't see how the setting changes that.

Mm, I suppose.

Guess it depends on what you view/experience with the Special Zone is.

16 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

In her case, I meant in the sense that she doesn't actually care about conquering the world or saving it or government coverups or whatever--she's just feels entitled to jewelry and the Master Emerald is one of a kind.

Hm, okay.

16 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Da foq.

Anyway, I brought that up because that one of the original ideas behind him.

Had to take the opportunity to show that Tails got the hands. 

He also drags around these 10 ton weights in Sky patrol.

CtyJOjv.gif

That's not fat that's muscle.

27 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Mm, I suppose.

Guess it depends on what you view/experience with the Special Zone is.

Imagine a game that takes place entirely in the Special Zone. Through the years I recall people in Retro and here mentioning how cool it would be to run around in the background of CD's Special Stages.

specialstage4shot2.pngPfOaM7t.pngspecialstage7_shot1.pngspecialstage3_shot2.png

Plus who wouldn't love some world building?

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Welcome to religion. Everything you believe about your god is absolutely true... until about 10 years ago, when a time traveling incident erased your god and his reality from all existence.

Here. Take a pamplet. :D

In regards to the Werehog Sonic debate, I'd like to remind everyone that he broke a vault door with one punch in a cutscene. I'd hardly call him a weakling.

5 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Just think. Solaris still exist somewhere, somehow. They blew out the flame to stop the events in the game from happening. But think about this. If they actually erased it then what the hell is soleana celebrating at the end of the game that sonic is watching and the princess is hosting, its the same festival for the same being.

Wasn't the Solaris in Next Gen an artificial god made from a sacred fire and not the real Solaris at all?

31 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Hm, okay.

Had to take the opportunity to show that Tails got the hands. 

He also drags around these 10 ton weights in Sky patrol.

CtyJOjv.gif

That's not fat that's muscle.

I mean, it could be. Depends on what they were referring to.

31 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Imagine a game that takes place entirely in the Special Zone. Through the years I recall people in Retro and here mentioning how cool it would be to run around in the background of CD's Special Stages.

specialstage4shot2.pngPfOaM7t.pngspecialstage7_shot1.pngspecialstage3_shot2.png

Plus who wouldn't love some world building?

Uh, idk. Again, the Special Zone was generally made out to be this weird place beyond what's normal Sonic's World that operates on strange logic. Which makes the frequency of the Chaos Emeralds there rather fitting.

That raises another question: are the Special Stages in CD supposed to be the Special Zone?

2 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

In regards to the Werehog Sonic debate, I'd like to remind everyone that he broke a vault door with one punch in a cutscene. I'd hardly call him a weakling.

Wasn't the Solaris in Next Gen an artificial god made from a sacred fire and not the real Solaris at all?

I used to take it as there were two. One was real in the past and the king tried making a false one? No idea. I hear sega cut out parts of the story to meet deadlines so we may never know honestly.

3 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

...Say what now?

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

I mean, it could be. Depends on what they were referring to.

Probably his midsection. Just saying, some people think gorilla's are fat.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, idk. Again, the Special Zone was generally made out to be this weird place beyond what's normal Sonic's World that operates on strange logic. Which makes the frequency of the Chaos Emeralds there rather fitting.

I don't see why that matters in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That raises another question: are the Special Stages in CD supposed to be the Special Zone?

Yes. Just by virtue of being called the Special Stage.

One of them has...THIS shit going on in the background.

specialstage6_shot2.png

And this one just has a planet similar to Jupiter hanging in the clouds.

specialstage2_shot1.png

They have that surreal charm to it.

Mania's are pretty much the same concept just with different locations.

sonicmaniaspecial.jpg?w=61802pqyxZ.jpg

3 minutes ago, MainJP said:

I don't see why that matters in all honesty.

Yes. Just by virtue of being called the Special Stage.

I guess it's simply a matter of naturally wanting things in the series that are said to be mystical, powerful, or ,heh, special to remain that way when depicted. 

Compare Angel Island to the Lost Hex, for example.

When it comes to CD, which I haven't played/seen too much of, the Special Stages could be something native to that planetoid. Especially given the emphasis on UFOs and futuristic cities compared to the abstractness of the Classic Trilogy.

3 minutes ago, MainJP said:

One of them has...THIS shit going on in the background.

specialstage6_shot2.png

o.o Oh...good point.

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I guess it's simply a matter of naturally wanting things in the series that are said to be mystical, powerful, or ,heh, special to remain that way when depicted. 

I still don't understand this notion. The potential for phantasmagorical and imaginative stages, set-pieces, locations and world building usurp that mindset.

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

When it comes to CD, which I haven't played/seen too much of, the Special Stages could be something native to that planetoid. 

Nothing suggests that. Like I said, Mania has the same type of Special Stages and only two of those stages take place on Little Planet.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:12 PM, StaticMania said:

Say nonsense pretty much.

That's never implied anywhere in the game.

It isn't nonsense. That's literally what happened.

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

He has had a bit of a pot belly since Colors.

Nah, Tails has had a pot belly ever since his redesign in Sonic Adventure. It was especially noticable in Sonic X.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, Splash the Otter said:

Oh I never said that the werehog is a weakling, I argued that he never felt powerful when playing as him compared to normal Sonic. It results in an unsatisfactory feeling when he is constantly referred to in marketing as extremely strong but can't even one punch an eggman robot like Knuckles while you're just literally running through enemies as Sonic during the day. It feels disingenuous is all and makes it hard to accept.

Hmm, I got one. Remember this little fight in Sonic Generations?

Yeaaaa.... Sonic inadvertently ruined this timeline and let this pocket universe's Earth be engulfed in a watery grave, the dark side of Sonic's story Sega didn't want your kids to know.

Now why is that, you may ask? Sonic clearly "won" and beat Perfect Chaos by the end of the video, didn't he? 

....Well the main thing about Perfect Chaos was that it was an immortal being hell bent on visceral rage and revenge that lasted for centuries upon centuries. Super Sonic's purpose by the end of SA1 was not to just beat him up, but was to use the positive power of the Chaos Emeralds to put Chaos's unrelenting eternal rage at ease. Beating up Chaos would just continue the cycle...

...But as you can see here in Generations, Sonic's only at base level and is just imposing his will through violence. Sonic is not actually winning here. He's actually just making Chaos more angry.

So as Sonic gleefully breakdances his way on top of the ravaged Station Square on what he "thinks" is a victory before making his way back to his universe he needs to continue saving.... Station Square in this timeline is still left ravaged with an even more pissed off Perfect Chaos....

16037380.jpg

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

In Sonic The Hedgehog 1 there are unused sprites that show Eggman struggling to stay in the air right before exploding.

Sonic1genAltending.PNG

The original ROM loads the sprites during the ending when Sonic returns to Green Hill Zone. He was supposed to crash into the mountain.

Alternate Ending:

If you hit him, he crashes immediately in his base.

If you don't hit him, he crashes into a mountain.

Such options.

5 hours ago, Ivo-goji said:

When Knuckles' socks are yellow, he is a mustache twirling villain; when his socks are green, he returns to his heroic persona.

Sounds more like a headcanon.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Big has a mustache.

so do Tails:

aHkTTBE.png

Pachacamac:

6O6BE2x.png

And Dodon Pa:

rOdDElh.jpg

And judging by the old Echidna who also grew big white eyebrows along with his white mustache that means the tan parts on a characters body is skin.