Awoo.

Sonic @ SXSW 2019

Azeon

Hate to be a pessimist here, but I don't think we're going to see a movie trailer at SXSW. Sega knows they could get booed heavily if Sonic doesn't look right, and they do NOT want to field questions from angry fans.

I think Sega is going to announce the release date of the trailer at the panel. (They want Paramount to take the heat for this one) Probably will debut at the KCAs. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it's for the best, I know this is supposed to be the place for big Sonic announcements, but what if the trailer isn't ready? If we want the fanbase to be happy, it's best to keep the movie drama for another day...

1: New TSR Information Trailer + Screenshots.

2: Toys

3: Comics, some new covers, probably the B cover for the annual.

4: A tease for 2020, nothing major...  just a tease.

5: Update for a mobile or new mobile game.

6: Details on new animation, probably Mania Adventures season 2.

Honestly... I think that's about it. The movie is a huge can of worms to show off in front of a live panel. I can see them doing it but I think they'd be best to distance themselves from it.

• Thumbs Up 3

My prediction time, with substantial content since they have a full hour for the panel:

1. TSR mobile announcement

2. Team Sonic Racing trailer that showcases modes, or overview

3. Jun plays music while we have TSR footage, maybe add a new track

Bonus: Pre-Order bonus revealed, could be a DLC team...

4. New cover for next IDW issue + Tangle & Whisper cover

5. Modern CGI Cartoon announcement and sneak peek

6. Collaboration with Google maybe? Or another collab

7. Tease… whatever it is

(could be either movie or a new Classic game with playable Amy)

As for the rest:

8. Iizuka's birthday

9. Jasmine apparently teaches spanish

10. Aaron explains the clues

11. Some troll move before a reveal

12. Obligatory memes

13. Art and/or merch

14. A portion of fans is not happy

I’m expecting some details on a possible special edition for Team Sonic Racing, an announcement for a new animated series and a tease for a new main sonic game.

Yeah that last one is a bit of a stretch but you never know. 

I’m not counting on seeing anything for the movie UNLESS they show something that doesn’t look like and is better than what we’ve been shown already.

I'd like to see a sp edition announcement, considering jpn got one announced waaaaay in advance for STR 

40 minutes to go!

D1yrsHBWsAAQ3eH.jpg:large

We’re live this afternoon with the Sonic SXSW Panel! Tune in on the official @SXSWGaming Twitch stream for the latest news on TSR, Sonic, and more!

Expecting some new gameplay footage for TSR (finally!), more info on the new animated series, some comic info...maybe the teaser trailer for the Sonic movie or a tease for Sonic’s next 3D game? Keeping my expectations low on that front though; for the latter, due to some mentioning here how it might not be a great idea to show a trailer in front of a live audience (imagine the reactions..!), the latter because, well, I have my doubts.

6 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

I wonder if we will see a new cartoon...

That would be cool.

Wow, that customisation trailer was really good. The game looks a lot better than last year, although there seems to be some lag? Hope that’s not in the final game.

The music is amazing as always!!

Or Sega just has a more hands-off aproach to the movie and they leave it to the studio to make the anouncements.

Bingo highway racetrack huh? I hope that's the third retro track among the Seaside hill ones and not a new batch of 3 Bingo highway tracks.

I'm only watching the cringey Q&A in the hopes that we get a surprise trailer at the end.

Lol no movie news. So when are we getting a teaser trailer then? There’s some kind of reward show happening soon right, Kids Choice Awards or something. 

Anyway, this panel was meh. Some cool stuff like new TSR gameplay footage and the short was really good, but omg this Q&A is so cringe I think I’ll have to switch it off now good lord @_@

Well I said they wouldn't show anymore than 5 seconds of a new title, well actually, they showed no footage whatsoever or even what kind of game it is.

Loooool.