Awoo.

Sonic @ SXSW 2019

Azeon

No one is so good in showing nothing like Sega. Well at least TSR looks less sucky than before. But still, it can not compete at all with Crash Team Racing.

Best part of the panel were the dope new remixes of classic Sonic tracks.

Sad that we didn't even get an inkling of news on the movie, a new animated series, or the next mainline game. Heck, at the rate we're going, if we don't get any news on it by the end of May, this might be the first time ever we've ever had NO info on new Sonic games.

• Fist Bump 1

9 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

PFFT.
Did someone just ask when Sonic Team's doing another Sonic generations type celebration game again?
We had nothing but Generations type games this decade. Team Sonic Racing is Generations on wheels for #*%&'s sake. Was that question sarcastic?

I wish we get a game with only new levels and only new characters (except Sonic, Tails and Eggman)

They also announced a animation series for TSR (just like Mania Adventure), and a customization trailer, and they showed a new IDW comic

Someone asked Iizuka how Sonic would meet the Joker if he teamed up with Batman. It was as awkward and as embarrassing as you'd expect.

I know this is mean, but it's precisely because of QAs like that why I would never attend a Sonic panel or event.

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 1

At least some asked interesting questions like what inspired Sonic Rivals, is Sonic really in 2 timelines, and Super Sonic in IDW comics.

1 minute ago, Plasme said:

Someone asked Iizuka how Sonic would meet the Joker if he teamed up with Batman. It was as awkward and as embarrassing as you'd expect.

I know this is mean, but it's precisely because of QAs like that why I would never attend a Sonic panel or event.

I don't even know why they bother with the Q&As. Most if not all the questions are either dumb, can't be answered, or just plain awkward. Plus, they usually only have time for a handful anyway, so it seems like a waste of time. That's time that could be spent on more gameplay footage or something more substantial.

Jim Carrey is playing goverment science man "Bob Bobson" who's never referred to as Robotnik except in marketing and won't dress up as Robotnik until the mid-credits teaser trailer you mean?
Having Dr. Robotnik in a Sonic movie is unrealistic y'know.

I suppose the Batman question is inspired by the recent Turtles cross-over, but yeah. Awkward.
Well, Sonic was marketing for kids 8-13, so then you get questions like these.

And the question about Sonic Rivals was a good one. Too bad nobody can answer the question since there's no time/ I doubt anyone at the table cares about clarifying the universe of Sonic.

They've had two years to work on a new game...they should have something.  What happened to the Sega that could release multiple Sonic games a year with no problem? I miss that Sega!

7 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

What new game and what cringeworthy questions?

Also, was anyone really expecting Sonic movie news?

I was expecting a full reveal. 

1 minute ago, SatAMhog said:

They've had two years to work on a new game...they should have something.  What happened to the Sega that could release multiple Sonic games a year with no problem? I miss that Sega!

That's the Sega that gave us games like Shadow and 06.

Granted, now it feels like games are coming out a tad too slowly for my tastes, but better safe than sorry.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, SatAMhog said:

You miss the Sega that cranked titles out the door regardless if they had spend enough time in the oven? Really?

1 minute ago, Alexios31 said:

I was expecting a full reveal.

Too soon. Your frustrations seen a little self inflicted

• Thumbs Up 3

The answer for the question about the art style for Overdrive was a bit shit. Certainly has a Riders/Battle style but nope, just modern designs...? 

2 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

That's the Sega that gave us games like Shadow and 06.

Granted, now it feels like games are coming out a tad too slowly for my tastes, but better safe than sorry.

Given things like Rise of Lyric, perhaps we’re still sorry, no matter how hard we all try to be safe?

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

You miss the Sega that cranked titles out the door regardless if they had spend enough time in the oven? Really?

Too soon. Your frustrations seen a little self inflicted

Games like Sonic Rush and Shadow got released the same day...so while one sucked(and Shadow's PS2 controls suckkk) the other was awesome.  I'm glad they're doing quality control but they could at least get a handle on their release schedule.

I just wished somebody would've asked about Infinite's fate. I mean, it was kinda ambiguous. I mean, SEGA won't let Ian use him for the IDW comics, so they either have bigger plans for him in the future, or he's just straight up dead. If the latter, it'd be disappointing, because he had potential, and he would be quite unceremoniously killed off.

• Absolutely 1

10 minutes ago, SatAMhog said:

I don't think we want to go back to those times.

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I just wished somebody would've asked about Infinite's fate. I mean, it was kinda ambiguous. I mean, SEGA won't let Ian use him for the IDW comics, so they either have bigger plans for him in the future, or he's just straight up dead. If the latter, it'd be disappointing, because he had potential, and he would be quite unceremoniously killed off.

It's kinda ambiguous what happened to him.  Eggman kind of just recalled him like a Pokemon when he was defeated by Sonic and the Avatar and that was that.  IDW Eggman doesn't even ask about him and he's not mentioned which is just weird considering his role in Forces and that IDW Sonic takes place AFTER Forces.  I guess they're making him a one shot character considering they're still trying to shove Zavok down our throats. 😕