Awoo.

Super Mario Maker 2 - Electric Slopealoo (June 2019)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 4/25/2019 at 12:02 AM, Forte-Metallix said:

Release date trailer:

And a stylus if you pre-order:

Looks a bit big, but a nice bonus, nonetheless.

Great, now Mario has his own construction dong for Pauline!

• Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

• 3 weeks later...

Super Mario Maker 2 is getting its own Nintendo Direct tomorrow!

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

Super Mario Maker 2 is getting its own Nintendo Direct tomorrow!

Ffs Nintendo, a bit more notice on these directs would be nice.

Motobug will be streaming it for anyone interested. For UK fans - it should be at 11pm GMT.

22 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ffs Nintendo, a bit more notice on these directs would be nice.

Motobug will be streaming it for anyone interested. For UK fans - it should be at 11pm GMT.

Can't wait to see what we inevitably turn into a meme.

• Thumbs Up 1

This probably might go in depth on the the possible multiple playable characters, online, and amiibo content.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of new information!

D6o9lOtV4AAzVc_.jpgD6o9lOvUIAAVa0S.jpg

In #SuperMarioMaker2, you’ll have new tools at your creative disposal. For the first time ever, you’ll be able to create slopes! If you want to slow it down a notch, gentler slopes are also an option.

D6o-TDhUYAA8Otq.pngD6o-TDvUwAAy74-.jpgD6o-TELUcAAvSrh.jpg

Angry Sun, Snake Block, and ON/OFF Switch are a few new course parts you can get your hands on. Angry Sun holds a perpetual grudge, following and attacking Mario! Parts like the Snake Block and ON/OFF Switch can surprise you with their uses!

D6o-e57VsAAosKF.jpgD6o-liPUwAAtxUP.png

In #SuperMarioMaker2, you can set the water level in the Jungle theme! Decide if you want some of the course underwater, or if the water level should change over time, & choose one of 3 different speeds before flooding your course with water…or lava when using the Castle theme!

D6o-xS_UYAEu8my.jpgD6o-xToVUAA0Dnq.jpgD6o-xUCUIAAoIoq.jpg

The Custom Scroll makes side-scrolling action truly customizable! Decide where you want the scroll to start, & adjust its speed & trajectory to create some fun, and fast moments! You can even create vertical sub-areas, or use the scroll stop function to make secret rooms!

D6o_IavU0AA8azK.jpg

Need an extra mind for creating your next #SuperMarioMaker2 course? Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend and you can make courses together on the same screen!

D6o_TYFUwAYB5ek.jpgD6o_TYSVsAAIGav.jpg

A single-player Story Mode is included in #SuperMarioMaker2, where Mario must rebuild Princess Peach’s Castle! Complete jobs and tackle over 100 original courses to earn Coins for the rebuild effort. Meet characters and embark on new jobs as you rebuild the castle!

D6o_vR3UYAAWgoE.pngD6o_vTDUEAARMvr.jpgD6o_4-hVUAAm5nO.jpg

A new sequel means new course themes! Desert, Snow, Forest & Sky will all be new #SuperMarioMaker2 themes. There’s also new music, written by veteran Super Mario composer Koji Kondo!

D6pAB96UIAAm9eh.jpgD6pAEssUcAAPDIu.jpg

Don’t forget to check out another new part: the Moon! Unlike Angry Sun, hitting the Moon will wipe out all enemies on screen. Adding the moon brings some nighttime surprises in different themes, like floating Goombas or Rotten Mushrooms!

D6pAggKU8AA9ad-.jpgD6pAjiDUwAAZ6hI.jpgD6pAjjfVsAElHRw.jpg

The Super Mario World 3D style is available for the first time in #SuperMarioMaker2! This style allows for some cool things that you can’t do in any other style, like climbing through courses as Cat Mario, or using unique items like Clear Pipes, Warp Boxes, Crates, and more!

D6pA8-sUwAEM4qc.jpgD6pA8_XUwAEIprI.jpgD6pA_7LUcAEZ_G3.jpgD6pA_7cUwAApC--.jpg

Course World is an online hub where #SuperMarioMaker2 players can share their carefully crafted courses! Browse by popular courses, or search by tags to find what you’re looking for. You can leave comments on enabled courses, and download courses to play offline.

D6pBcYOVsAAogzz.jpg

In Course World, each player has a Maker Profile. If other players like your courses, you’ll earn Maker Points! You can also customize your look with clothing that can be unlocked by completing various objectives. #SuperMarioMaker2

D6pBjLjUEAEOlWr.jpgD6pBjL0U8AA4NCs.jpg

In Endless Challenge, complete as many #SuperMarioMaker2 courses as possible at the difficulty of your choice before getting a game over. Get some impressive scores and you might even earn a ranking on the leaderboard.

D6pCAsIUIAAihON.jpgD6pCAspUIAAruYo.jpgD6pCCfQU0AA_tyA.jpg

Play together online in #SuperMarioMaker2! Battle it out in Multiplayer Versus mode, where up to 4 players face-off on a randomly selected course. Make your foes eat your dust and clear the course first. Try to improve your win-loss ratio to raise your Versus Rating!

D6pCaiDUYAAcoNl.jpgD6pCaiRUcAA93tC.jpg

In Multiplayer Co-op mode, all players must work together to complete a course! If one player clears the course, everyone’s a winner! #SuperMarioMaker2

D6pCxkHUEAAWWsn.jpg

The #SuperMarioMaker2 Invitational 2019 tournament takes place on June 8, PT, alongside the #Splatoon2 & #SmashBrosUltimate World Championships! Tune-in as special guests compete in wild Super Mario Maker 2 courses designed by Nintendo’s Treehouse! https://e3.nintendo.com/

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Story mode. Day 1 buy for me 

Who would've thought the day would come where we get a story about Mario being fucking broke.

And he's rebuilding a castle for a cake, the man's a champion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4

@Sonictrainer Mind putting all that in spoilers so it doesn't clog up the thread, please? Also, they might as well make you a newsboy, since you rarely actually discuss things and just announce them.

49 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Who would've thought the day would come where we get a story about Mario being fucking broke.

And he's rebuilding a castle for a cake, the man's a champion.

It begs the question, what did Mario do with all the coins he got in NSMB2?

1 minute ago, Tails spin said:

It begs the question, what did Mario do with all the coins he got in NSMB2?

Poor financial choices.

Luigi warned him not to make Yoshi his accountant.

• Chuckle 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

18 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Game comes out June 28th.

We knew this for awhile now.

47 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

We knew this for awhile now.

Your welcome.

There's a Hammer Power-Up that was shown in the Japanese Version of the Direct

Betting the Hammer is what you pick up to become Builder Mario in-game. (The extended cover artwork DID show Builder Toad IN THE ACTUAL LEVEL, after all.)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

An extremely embarrassing omission and a deal-breaker for many people I know. Hopefully it's fixed post launch but I'm not holding my breath.

• Absolutely 1

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

An extremely embarrassing omission and a deal-breaker for many people I know. Hopefully it's fixed post launch but I'm not holding my breath.

giphy.gif

Good god Nintendo, why do you keep doing this? Why is it that in every single online game you do, you just have some kind of boneheaded need to leave something that's obvious and vital to the game? You're literally making stupid mistakes for no other reason other than to cripple the online modes. The same shit happens with Smash with how awful the netcode is, and the forced mode selection that even PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale did better over five years ago.

• Absolutely 2

2009: Creates the friend code system to prohibit users from easily making friends with anyone online

2019: Makes games with online components that prohibit or actively limit playing with friends online (see also Smash Ultimate with Arenas as well as Super Mario Party's online setup)

Also gotta love how you need to purchase an online subscription just to even share and play UGC levels, but you're not allowed to play such levels online with friends, only strangers. This is having your cake and eating it at its finest.

A lot of people have been saying this is Nintendo once again being clueless with online infrastructure; but after over a decade of this constant shit, it's not really fathomable to interpret these as ineptitude or incompetence. The choices Nintendo makes with their online infrastructure are deliberate, and especially callous ones at that since they don't come with the defense of being free without charge anymore.

• Absolutely 1

The portability aspect and the quality of the games themselves are probably the to biggest things that are preventing me from feeling like I've been cheated and robbed. Or that every "hardcore" gamer has been cheated and robbed. The supposed triumphant return of Nintendo's glory ever since the Wii, but looking, it hardly even scratches what Wii had brought in comparison. You can at least call the Wii's online network serviceable, for it's day.

Sony and/or Xbox could make an entire SEGA styled marketing campaign that taunts Nintendo just for its dated online, but that's completely unnecessary.  All they have to do to win over hardcore gamers is put the words "Good Online" in big bold letters. Poof. Instant profit. 

I'll still give Nintendo another chance to turn around if their rumored new Switch model is real and fixes all the problems displayed here. In an era where digital socialization rules the earth, it's going to come bite them in the ass. Hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair I can see one reason why Nintendo wouldn't allow online with friends - I can see it being a miserable experience if you don't have amazing ping etc. Mario Maker's online probably only matches you with people in the same country/region I bet.

It is very "Nintendo" to try and tuck away any blemishes in their software because they're kind of obsessed with simplicity/user-friendliness etc. But I think if you're sophisticated enough to organised a lobby for friends who don't live near you, you're sophisticated enough to understand a message like "Warning: Some players are very far apart from one another in the world. The connection may be too unstable to provide an smooth multiplayer experience - Start the game anyway? Yes/No".  That's all they'd really need to do.

If the game keeps pausing to keep everyone in sync then oh well, it's a fast-paced platformer where every millisecond counts and you can't "course correct" player behaviour with AI movements easily like in Mario Kart, ping is gonna be important.  But honestly if Smash can allow you to try to play with friends anyway, there's no reason Mario Maker shouldn't.

• Thumbs Up 5