Ryannumber1Scarer

Super Mario Maker 2 - Electric Slopealoo (June 2019)

With the release being merely hours away, it's a given that some places would break it's street date one way or another. So people looked in and found a few more little surprises going through the game. 

Of course there's a supposed embargo on showing off this hidden content and others until the actual release, but let's face it. Most big spoiling Youtubers on there are practically immune to that stuff at this. So I'll just go ahead and post the supposed "offending" videos since they don't appear to be going anywhere before the game releases soon. 

Take a peak if you'd like-

Spoiler

Two New Powerups-

The Superball Flower is back! It comes with sounds and the iconic Birabuto theme that overrides the current music (which appears to have gotten a NES-ified remix curtosty of Koji Kondo himself). I'm glad they thought of this; it'll make up for them removing the Amiibo costumes and Weird Mushroom and'll make the SMB theme unique from the others again.

And the new, constantly teased Hammer powerup that puts Mario's builder outfit into the actual game. It comes with two moves: As opposed to repetitively swinging it around like mad as in Donkey Kong or Captain Toad, you swing your trusty little mallet on command, more akin to Paper Mario and M&L. This melee attack can smash through hard block and can even destroy the mighty Thwomp. Or, you can hold the up and hammer buttons to produce your own builder blocks to help reach high places and clog up some hazards. This looks pretty cool, and exactly the kind of "bridging the playing and building aspects" idea I've imagined a Builder Mario would play like in a regular platformer. 

Edit- Now with Gamexplain's videos now that it's out

Got two ready to go. First one is Hangar Timing [6QQ-5JR-XDF], which is a recreation of one of my old Maker 1 courses mostly redone to turn it into a stage of timing and not a shooter. The second is Snow Jumper [QNC-JFV-R1G] which is a simple course of timing jumps that can easily be beaten in less than a minute.

I've also been playing some courses from others, which have included a recreation of Mario 1's 1-1 and 1-2 together with a flying Meowser chasing you, a real hard precision jumping stage set in an ice cavern, and a walking simulator that treats you to a lovely rendition of Country Roads.

It's absolutely great.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Made my first stage in Mario Maker 2, would really appreciate it if anyone could play and give feedback. 

Mega Man - Guts Man Stage - HGJ-9LT-HYF 

I tries it out. It's good. Had one question though. The part after you enter the warp pipe with the lakitus. Did you mean to have no direction where to go? What I mean by that was I thought at first that we need to kill the bottom lakitu to get its cloud and go up. I was kind of unsure if to fall. Loved the sumo bros and big Boom Boom i guess those where gutsman challenges

Just now, Tails spin said:

I tries it out. It's good. Had one question though. The part after you enter the warp pipe with the lakitus. Did you mean to have no direction where to go? What I mean by that was I thought at first that we need to kill the bottom lakitu to get its cloud and go up. I was kind of unsure if to fall. Loved the sumo bros and big Boom Boom i guess those where gutsman challenges

It's the level design of the stage, Guts Man's level takes Mega Man down a ladder, and into three dividing paths, all leading to the bottom which will take you to Guts Man's fight. The Laikus aren't there for their clouds, but rather are the closest thing to the flying homing enemies that attack Mega Man during that portion of the level.

So made my first level. Surprised I finished this one quick. My airship level in Super Mario Maker 3ds is still not complete. Did a jungle forest theme like one i did for the 3ds Mario Vs Donkey kong tipping stars.

It's hopefully an ongoing series. Making it like a stranded Island theme for the first world. It's my first level but I labeled it world 1-5 cuz it will be the fifth level in game.

Please any suggestions are welcomed. The underwater section is auto scrolled and if you see randomly new enemies towards the end its cuz I discovered how to toggle the enemy and terrain menus.

World 1-5 pirhana lagoon

Course ID: CQ3-231-7TG