Awoo.

Super Mario Maker 2 - Electric Slopealoo (June 2019)

Ryannumber1gamer

The new update looks amazing.

I'll definitely be making my own full game in SMM2, both re-purposing the courses I've made already and making plenty of new ones to fill out my 8 worlds. This is gonna be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

I made a Super World!

I put secret big coins but also secret scary smiley faces too, you guys should try and find them!

Also I'd like to say now that I really don't know how to make stages pretty and stuff. I'm definitely not a seasoned level designer, but hopefully people can have fun with them regardless!

Edited by Radiant Hero Ike
Duplicated for some reason

Bought this game when it came out with my Switch but barely played it since. I didn't find any of the stages the game suggested to be enjoyable. I'll give this new update a try

This update has really made a huge difference in how I approach the game. I'm actually looking forward to designing levels now! I've been working on making a standard Super Mario Bros game as if it was an official release, and it's been great trying to think like a level designer. All levels I've made so far can be completed either without holding the run button for novice players (though I'm not sure how many there are online) and a way to blast through it in mere seconds for more speedrun savvy players. Once I get more than one world completed, I'll post my Maker ID here. 

I just wish you could look up "Super Worlds" via ID though. As far as I've been able to see, there's no way to search for them.

Honestly, this might just be the push I need to finish off my set of levels, I was originally planning to remake the entirety of Mega Man 1 into Mario Maker, but I ended up only pushing out a few due to a combo of how much effort they required (essentially using doors as teleporters to “chunks” of the levels hidden in the two allotted level areas they give you per level), plus free time becoming more limited, causing me to move into other games.

Originally, I had completed Guts Man and Cut Man, and Ice Man was in the works. Fire Man was previously done in Mario Maker 1 but I’d need to see how I made it there again to transfer it back over to Switch, since I remember having to pull quite a lot of technical tricks off to work within the limits of Mario Maker 1. 

But with the new world map system, I have to admit it’s really tempting to finish off the remake series if only because it’d be neat to have a full Mega Man 1 remake complete with level select.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

I did it.

8 worlds, 40, courses. My Super World can be played at N8P-DM2-NDF if you're interested.

I shot for decently challenging, but not crazy romhack hard. I was perhaps a little too generous with extra lives though, haha. There are a lot of secrets and bonus rooms, so exploration is definitely rewarded!

I also tried to convey a simple story through my game, both through in-level events and (optionally, if comments are enabled) a "Plumber's Log" at the beginning of each course, in the vein of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. I had a lot of fun working on this, and I hope people enjoy my little Mario game!

• Thumbs Up 3