Awoo.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart

Tracker_TD

Wow, we didn't have a topic for this yet? Good on you, Tracker, for making one at last!

Yes, I would highly recommend Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart (what a mouthful) as a racing game to play! The multiplayer is the main sticking point of the game, but singleplayer is still fun, as you can happily play against the times of the people behind the mod.

The best way I could describe the drifting is like Crash Team Racing. The kart will slide off, and you are fighting to pull it in the direction you want. Chain together these slides to get a huge speed bonus, as the longer each slide is, the more boost power you store.

And thanks to the power of DOOM modding, you can create your own tracks for this game! Fire away, and see what you make! And Sonic Mania's third Special Stage is a track in this game, and I love it.

I would love to play this game with you all one day, Sonic Stadium~!!

• Thumbs Up 4

Gave it another shot and quickly lost interest, OK as a fangame but it's just so frustrating and hardly accessible, guess I'll wait for Crash, I hope it's more fun than this (not too hard to accomplish).

A Sonic Kart game that doesn't even have Amy as a playable character but Sonic Team gets call lazy for having 15 characters and way better graphics.    

16 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

A Sonic Kart game that doesn't even have Amy as a playable character but Sonic Team gets call lazy for having 15 characters and way better graphics.    

This is a fan-game, lol. And you can get way more than 15 characters (including Amy) with mods.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Absolutely 1

26 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

This is a fan-game, lol. And you can get way more than 15 characters (including Amy) with mods.

I know its a fan game but I don't get why some say Sonic Team is lazy when they can't even come close to accomplishing anything like it. I was only talking about 15 Sonic characters not any character. 

10 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I know its a fan game but I don't get why some say Sonic Team is lazy when they can't even come close to accomplishing anything like it. I was only talking about 15 Sonic characters not any character. 

Why can't a bunch of fans come close to accomplishing what a studio with a huge team of staff, millions of dollars in budget and... oh. Right. 

WTc0Tvx.png

That and Amy is actually included as part of the bonuschars pack (again, included with the game), it's just that that's Modern Amy. The one they plan on adding in 2.0 is Classic Amy to be consistent with the rest of the base characters. 

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Maybe because one is a fully funded publishing house funding a well-known and well-experienced development team who has made racing games with double the roster in the same franchise and is selling for profit while the other is a fan creator who receives no funding for creating their game, releases it for free, and yet still gives tools to mod characters in.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Maybe because one is a fully funded publishing house funding a well-known and well-experienced development team who has made racing games with double the roster in the same franchise and is selling for profit while the other is a fan creator who receives no funding for creating their game, releases it for free, and yet still gives tools to mod characters in.

Sega didn't start off having a well known game,  well-experienced development team and fully funded on day 1 some don't understand what they been though to get to this point.

Also Team Sonic Racing has only Sonic characters they never made double the roster from the same franchise before. 

6 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Sega didn't start off having a well known game,  well-experienced development team and fully funded on day 1

You do realize it's not day 1, right? They're being judged on what they're doing now, with decades of experience under their belt, and it's not impressive.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 2

5 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Sega didn't start off having a well known game,  well-experienced development team and fully funded on day 1 some don't understand what they been though to get to this point.

You mean with the Sonic series? Because the first game was one of Sega's highest development priorities of the time, with millions of dollars thrown at it and some of Sega's best people in the entire company working on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Tornado said:

You mean with the Sonic series? Because the first game was one of Sega's highest development priorities of the time, with millions of dollars thrown at it and some of Sega's best people in the entire company working on it.

I mean with Sega not Sonic himself.

Sega existed as a company for thirty years before they made any videogames. What you're arguing has no relevance.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm enjoying this game. At times I would play online and I'm trying to collect more medals. Couldn't drift well at first but I've gotten better. Definitely spent many hours and played with some mods. 

2 hours ago, Pengi said:

That's good!

Looks like he has two fangs (teeth) though? How would I go about editing the sprites?

I think it’s just that the sprites are mirrored depending on the angle. I think you can do asymmetrical sprites but it’s more difficult. As for editing the sprites you’d need something like SLADE, but I’d recommend asking the mod creator about it first.