Awoo.

[Fanfiction] Academy Chronicles: Rise & Fall of Gamindustri

Danj86

Are you a believer in the multiverse theory?

Worlds beyond our understanding, stretching into infinite possibilities.

Normally, one could never hope to travel between the different worlds but those doors have been opened and with it, spills the spreading of despair.

Welcome to another SSMB Heroes Academy Spinoff. 

The following series begins sometime after the events of Episode 52, of the currently-ongoing SSMB Heroes Academy: Resurgence PM Roleplay. These events are in fact a prequal to the events of Episode 54: INTO THE NEP-VERSE. As such, some characters and events from the RP that have yet to be adapted into a publicly-readable form, may be referenced publicly for the first time here. With the majority of the story taking place in Gamindustri, spoiled RP events are very unlikely. Read with no fear.

PROLOGUE - THE DEFENDERS HERO PROJECT

Spoiler

New factions form and war spreads. They are those that seek power, those that seek peace, those that bring ruin and those that will fight to protect their own way of life. In a desperate attempt to purge the spreading despair that has been infecting the multiverse, the Future Foundation have brought many heroes together to fight for the sake of justice.

But the Future Foundation was not always involved in this conflict. It started with The Disciples of the Golden Skylands and the Metarex of the Outlands. Disciples exist to protect the Writers, while the Metarex are trying to break into the Fourth Wall and kill all the Writers who write their fates. Time moves differently in each universe, it was impossible to tell how long this conflict had been going. Eventually, the Future Foundation decided to found an Academy for the training of new heroes known as the Skylanders. A freelance unit of heroes from multiple universes that once inhabited a Hub.

A being known as the Lord of Games made a dangerous move for the sake of creating entertainment. To revive one called Tsumugi Shirogane, a loose cannon that he could not control. She destroyed the hub and forced the Skylanders to move to a place called Club Penguin. Even so, the Lord of Games remained fascinated by this group of heroes and uses his unimaginable power to force his ideas onto the Skylanders. It was becoming dangerous to be a part of this unit of heroes.

So a new unit based on military might was created and they currently reside in a large warehouse, somewhere in Ninjago City. Inside, a large spaceship remains motionless. It's size was immense and many personal wearing black suits are running around frantically, appearing to prepare the ship for something important. A note worthy figure was walking up the stairs that lead into the large vessel. A man with a confident smile, wearing a blue space suit but without the helmet.

This man was assigned as the leader of this new unit. The 37th Defender of Earth, Captain Gordon. Entering the ship, the captain steps into what appears to be the bridge, it already contained other members of his unit working at various consoles in silent concentration.

"How are the preparations progressing, Jennifer?" The captain says in a proud, booming and overbearing voice. He was addressing his loyal sidekick and the main brains of the unit, she was a stunningly beautiful, blond haired woman who, despite her appearance, was not only a genius, but also an expert at Kung-Fu.

"All systems are green, Captain. However, the dimensional transporter is still experimental and will require significant charge time before we can move to an alternate dimension."

"BEEP BLOOP BLIP. SYSTEMS IDENTIFY SIGNIFICANT ENERGY READINGS. SCANNING FOR  SIGNITURE ID. ID CONFIRMED TO BE THE RECON UNIT."

That voice belonged to Thursday, an all purpose robot that Jennifer built when she was only 5 years old. He assists in maintaining the machinery and is always by Jennifer's side.

Just as Thursday had said, a sudden poof of smoke erupts within the bridge of the ship. Jennifer calmly watched with a smile while Gordon was visibly shocked.

"Yukimaru, of the reconnaissance unit reporting in, zam."

She was clad in traditional Japanese garb and her stance was one of a ninja. Her pointed ears indicated her demon heritage. Originally from Snow Melody, her home was destroyed by Overlord Zenon.

"Gaah! Must you always enter that way, Yukimaru?"

"Yes, hon. The Captain's not as young as he used to be. Hmhmhm." ❤️

"J-Jennifer??"

Despite the friendly banter between Jennifer and Gordon, Yukimaru seemed wracked with guilt over scaring their captain with her entrance.

"I have dishonoured my superior! For a ninja, that is punishable by death! My Masters honour must be restored!" The petite ninja girl with long dark hair, then brandishes a small dagger and holds it up with both hands with the blade pointing down.

"For my Master, I commit Seppuku!" Before she could move any further, Captain Gordon had grabbed her dagger and removed it from her small hands.

"Stop doing that, too! We need your talents to defend the weak. A hero cannot fight for justice after death."

"What's that you say, Gordon?" A brand new voice speaks out to Captain Gordon, the owner stepping into the ship and joining the others.

He was in fact, a Prinny. Yet a Prinny is usually blue with round eyes, this Prinny was green with angry eyes. Considered as Gordon's rival, he sacrificed his life to save Jennifer, despite also being responsible for her capture. His sins brought him back as a Prinny. He doesn't say "dood" at the end of his sentences.

"Kurtis! I'm glad you decided to join us on this mission, old friend." Captain Gordon said, as if he was talking to somebody he had known for years.

"Yes, well. Let's skip the pleasantries and allow the girl to speak." Kurtis replied, getting right to the point.

"Thank you, zam." Yukimaru bows politely towards Kurtis who doesn't react to this. "The enemy is making final preparations for her invasion, I fear time is short, zam."

"What!" The calm of the room ended when the booming voice of a woman entered the room.

"Eh? Oh, Nippon Ichi? When did you arrive?" Inquired Captain Gordon, not noticing how on edge the girl that just entered was. Nippon Ichi, also known as Nisa, was originally from Gamindustri, the primary location of this story. She has a strong sense of justice but that didn't help with a writers dispute that resulted in Nisa being exiled from Gamindustri through no fault of her own.

"Never mind that. The Heroine of Justice does not sit by while innocents are suffering!"

"We appreciate that." Jennifer replied in a calm and mature voice. "But to transport a vessel of this size through a dimensional doorway will require significant time to prepare."

"I fear our enemy has moved faster than we anticipated." Captain Gordon adds in a sombre tone.

"Say, Cap?" Kurtis interrupts the Captain's lamenting. "Hmm?"

"The blue haired girl has left already..." Kurtis said in a deadpan way while pointing to the door.

"What??" Captain Gordon runs to the exit and stops by the top of the stairs leading into the ship. Nippon Ichi was already at the bottom of the stairs and walking away.

"Nisa, where do you think you're going??" The Captain yells down to Nippon Ichi, who stops and looks back over to him.

"My justice will not stand and wait for anyone. If it means going into battle alone, then I am prepared to do so." With that, she sets back off again and doesn't look back.

"Nisa? Nisa!?" Despite the Captains calls, they land on deaf ears. Frustrated by this, he rushes back into the ship. Jennifer was now typing furiously on a console, Yukimaru hadn't moved from the spot she stood and Kurtis was sitting in the "Captain's Chair."

"That reckless girl! Jennifer, can you give me an estimate on when all preparations are completed?"

"Already working on it, Captain." Jennifer says professionally.

"BEEP BOOP BLIP. DIMENSIONAL BRECHERS AT 98% CHARGE." 

"And all systems are running at optimal efficiency, we're still waiting for Pirohiko Ichimonji, Revya and Danette to arrive, that's all."

*gasp* "I'm...I'm here, so-sorry I'm late." As if it was planned, a boy with spikey brown hair and a flamboyant outfit, stumbles into the ship. This was Pirohiko Ichimonji, also known as the Unlosing Ranger, he once faced off in a duel against Darkdeath Evilman but was late, ran into traffic and died in a hit and run. Despite that, he returned beyond the grave to train a bystander in defeating Darkdeath Evilman in his place.

"Slept in again, huh Piro?" Kurtis asks the new arrival while still lounging in the Captain's Chair.

*gasp* "...Alarm clock...br-broken..." *pant* He replied while bent over, recovering his breath.

Captain Cordon was the next to speak, clearly restless, he paces back and forth.

"Thursday! Call Revya and Danette, I'm sure they're together. Tell them we're almost ready and to meet us at Ninjago Harbour." Revya and Danette are childhood friends and responsible for saving the continent of Prodestro with the power of the Onyx Blade and the demon sealed within, the Death God, Gig.

"BOOP BLIP. AFFIMATIVE." Thursday moves over to a different console and presses some buttons, activating a communication function.

*CRZT* The sound wasn't coming through very clearly. It was possible their is some interference.

"BEEP BOOP BLIP! COME IN AGENTS REVYA AND DANETTE! PROJECT GARGANTUA IS AT 98% COMPLETION. SUGGESTION TO RANDEVOUS AT NINJAGO HARBOUR."

The voices on the other end could barely be understood.

*CRZT* "---it's almost time, right? We're going to fin----" *CRZT*

"Hmm, we seem to have lost them, Captain." Jennifer says with some concern.

"They did say they were going to Borg Tower, perhaps they were close to some sensitive equipment. I'm sure it's nothing serious. Let's do a stock check while we wait. I hope that girl doesn't get into too much trouble..."

"H-Hey, wait! Don't end the scene, I haven't made my entrance yet." A young woman with short black hair and wearing a long black coat dashes into the bridge from a room in the back.

"Asagi!?" Captain Gordon practically shrieks again. "W-When did you get here??" He asks, still in shock. Asagi Asagiri is a demon and bounty hunter and rumoured to have been cursed by Overlord Zetta.

The details of the curse are never clear, but reports have suggested Asagi has infiltrated other worlds and attempted to steal the role of Protagonist, yet her voice and personality are always inconsistent.

"She's been here since this morning doing all the equipment checks, Captain." Jennifer replies without turning to face Gordon.

"You could've told me!?" The Captain replied.

"You never asked."

"Ahem." Asagi interrupts before an argument can begin. "What have I missed, here?"

"BEEP BOOP BLIP. THE WHOLE PROLOGUE."

Did you notice the bold lettered words? Those are key phrases that'll get explained in this section. We call it -

NEPEDIA

Spoiler
  • Future Foundation - A peacekeeping organization dedicated to multiversal protection after the events of the Liberator Crisis on the world of Danganronpa. Headquarted in Ninjago City and managed by Cyrus Borg and Kyosuke Munakata.
  • Disciples - Elite division of Golden Skylanders, led by Sonic The Hedgehog and Sayaka Miki. Their goal is to stop the Metarex from collecting the Golden Weapons of the Fictional Realm and using them to break the Fourth Wall.
  • Metarex - Elite division of Outlanders, led by Mephiles the Dark. Their goal is to vanquish all writers by breaking the Fourth Wall and invading Reality.
  • Golden Skylanders - A massive population of heroes, headquartered in a location detached from both the Fictional and Real Realms who travel between multiverses and maintain order.
  • Outlanders - A massive population of villains, headquartered in a location detatched from both the Fictional and Real Realms who travel between multiverses and cause chaos.
  • Skylanders Academy - Founded by the Disciples and the Future Foundation, a school placed in the Hub as a base for the Second Division of Skylanders in their specific multiverse.
  • Skylanders (RP Multiverse) - A group of heroes split into two divisions. First division lives in Skylands, led by Spyro the Dragon who maintains the peace in their world. Second division, led by Sonic and Sayaka maintain order on a multiversal scale.
  • Lord of Games - Show producer from the world of Banjo Kazooie, determined to create a reality show centered on the Skylanders.
  • Tsumugi Shirogane - The once deceased producer of Danganronpa V3 and ex-partner with LOG. Infused with the power of Foundation Prime, Tsumugi once attempted to control the multiverse to her whim before being defeated by the Skylanders and nemesis, Kaede Akamatsu.
  • Club Penguin - A once abandoned snowy island now bought by the Future Foundation to serve as a new base for Skylanders.
  • The Hub - The planet at the center of the multiverse, and a converging point of dimensions. Destroyed by Tsumugi Shirogane.
  • Ninjago City - Otherwise known as New Ninjago City after the destruction of the Overlord by Lloyd Garmadon. A bustling metropolis in the land of Ninjago and home to Borg Industries, the base of the Future Foundation.
  • LOSE - The League of Super Evil, a group of evildoers determined to spread despair and chaos throughout the multiverse.
  • The 37th Defender of Earth, Captain Gordon - The 37th in a long line of heroes, Captain Gordon was brought in by Cyrus Borg to lead a unit of Defenders using the latest in military might. Despite Gordons reputation, he is in fact somewhat bumbling and incompetent.
  • Jennifer - With every hero comes a sidekick that makes up for the heroes flaws. Jennifer fulfils the role as Captain Gordon's Beautiful sidekick.
  • Thursday - Since being built by the genius martial artist Jennifer when she was 5 years old, Thursday the All Purpose Robot has always been by her side.
  • Yukimaru - She is a kunoichi from the Snow Clan. She was encouraged by her older brother Fubuki, to continue using her skills for good and has been recruited by Captain Gordon.
  • Snow Melody - Yukimaru and Fubuki's home that was destroyed by Zenon. Those two were the only survivors.
  • Overlord Zenon - The God of All Overlords, supposedly killed 1000 Demon Lords and 99 Overlords in a single night.
  • Prinny - The lowest being in the Netherworld, who works hard to pay off their sins and always says dood in every line they say. They are also criminals whose soul is placed in the Netherworld.
  • "Dood" - A very dedicated Prinny Instructor often reminds Prinnies of Prinny Rule No.1. A Prinny must way "dood" at the end of every sentence.
  • Kurtis - Another human from Earth, Kurtis used to work under General Carter and the Earth Defense Force like Captain Gordon. With Gordon starting his own unit, his friend and rival reluctantly agreed to join him.
  • Nippon Ichi/Nisa - She is a self proclaimed "hero of justice" filled with passion and bravery. She seemed like an ideal recruit for Captain Gordon.
  • Gamindustri - The world where most of this story takes place. Consists or four nations, Planetune, Lastation, Lowee and Leanbox. Each overseen by a goddess.
  • Pirohiko Ichimonji - Pirohiko is the Unlosing Ranger, even defying death, his heroic deeds had been recognised by Captain Gordon.
  • Revya - She is a young teenager who, by using the power of Gig, vowed to save the continent of Prodesto from the dreaded World Eaters. Searching for an old friend, she requested to join Captain Gordon and his squad.
  • Danette - A Sepp, a race of bovine-like people, she tends to one-up Revya, despite having a poor memory. As Revya's childhood friend, she sticks with her through thick and thin.
  • Unlosing Ranger - Pirohiko's hero name, he can actually hand the title over to another by giving them the Unlosing Ranger Morpher.
  • Darkdeath Evilman - He is a "Demon General" and a powerful super-villain. He has been undefeated ever since his first appearance and killed every superhero he's battled, until he met the Unlosing Ranger.
  • Prodestro - The continent that Revya, Danette and Gig originate from.
  • Onyx Blade - A weapon used to seal the evil Gig that will await a chosen one who would be able to wield his powers.
  • Gig - The powerful "Master of Death" is known for being sarcastic, loud, and overly rude to just about anyone he meets. Has been seen multiple times, though his activities remain unclear.
  • Asagi Asagiri - She has a serious and stable persona, despite what others might expect. As a Demon Hunter, she seemed like an ideal choice to recruit.
  • Overlord Zetta - The (self-proclaimed) "Most Badass Freakin' Overlord In The Entire Cosmos" or "Overlord of all Overlords."

Thanks for visiting. It's a slight teaser for now. I'm hoping to create pictures and build character profiles to help fuel the imagination. Stay tuned for more....assuming your interested.

Also, shout-out to the SSMB Heroes Academy staff @Failinhearts @Ryannumber1gamer @Spin Attaxx @Crow the BOOLET for allowing this project to be made.

If this has caught your interest and you'd like to participate in the main roleplay itself, the PM-based RP is always open to join! Just contact any of the above staff members if you're interested.

Special shout-out to @NegaMetallix who beat me in creating his Spinoff story thread. Hope you didn't mind me using your post as a reference for what should be said, detail wise. ^^;

• Thumbs Up 6