Awoo.

Your favorite voice actors For the main cast

Austroid

What's your ideal Sonic voice cast if you could bring back any older ones, or keep them as they are and why?

If you need to jog your memory this place is pretty handy-> https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Sonic-the-Hedgehog/ 

Sonic: Ryan Drummond overall, with Jason Griffith being a close second. Both really encapsulate what Sonic sounds like. Special mention to Martin Burke (OVA) as there's a certain charm to his take on Sonic. 

Tails: If I had to pick it would be Connor Bringas (SA2) but I'm not too picky on his voice.

Knuckles: Dan Green without a doubt. I just loved that more gruff voice he brought to the role; it fitted Knux perfectly!  

Amy: Preferred Lisa Ortiz, but Jennifer Douillard (SA1) was great as well.

Eggman: This is kind of bittersweet, because I love Mike Pollock and how long he's been doing the role; but I really miss Deem Bristow's booming voice. Edwin Neal (OVA) is pretty underrated I feel, it would've been pretty neat to of had him in Generations or something.

Shadow: David Humphrey all the way, but Kirk Thornton kind of grew on me in Forces.

Rouge: Lani Minella (SA2) was overall the most balanced to me. Not too "try-hard sultry" like the others.

With everyone else, I don't really have a preference.

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I have no idea why people prefer the dreadful Sonic Adventure voice actors.

Hi, someone who prefers the Sonic Adventure voices here. I for one enjoy the energy and charisma they bring to the characters, a kind that, to me, no other cast has matched. People like that they like.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ryan Drummond voicing Sonic , I dislike Roger Smith , but somehow he sounded better in Wreck it Ralph 2

Lisa Ortiz voicing Amy

Jason Griffith voicing Shadow , although that I don't mind other voice actors .

Lani Minella voicing Rouge .

Mike Pollock  voicing Eggman .

I'm not sure about Knuckles , Dan Green sounds good , but I like Scott Dreier .

14 hours ago, Austroid said:

Rouge: Lani Minella (SA2) was overall the most balanced to me. Not too "try-hard sultry" like the others.

That's what I thought too , Karen  Strassmen sounds forced and trying too hard to be seductive , Caren Manuel is even worse .

• Fist Bump 1

Sonic: Roger Craig Smith is honestly my favorite Sonic. He captures and really sells the attitude Sonic is supposed to have. 

Tails: Every Tails voice since Amy Palent has been good. Though I think I prefer Colleen O'Shaunesy.

Knuckles: Scott Drier. Dan was good and I like Travis but he justhad the right kind of tone to his voice.

Amy: Lisa Ortiz. I loved her take on Amy. She had a good balance of kind hearted and just a little unhinged that really worked. 

Shadow: Jason Griffith. His Shadow voice is still immediately what I go to when I think or imitate his voice.

Eggman: Mike Pollock. He's the absolute best. There's a reason he stuck after the voice change. 

Rouge: Her current voice is the best to me. She captures Rouge's femme fatal style perfectly. 

If I’m being honest here, the 4Kids cast are kind of my “default” voices whenever I read something in the characters voices, but here are my opinions:

Sonic: Jason Griffith hands down, he just captures the essential essence of Sonic for me to be honest. He was shitty back in the X fun but I feel like somewhere around Riders and 06 he somewhat solidified my feelings towards his acting. He’s great and I wish they kept him around. I really do appreciate Ryan’s passion and love for the series but...it just sounds like he’s straining his voice too much to sound cool. He’s alright but not my first choice. I don’t mind Roger at all, and he’s a fine choice for Sonic I guess but I’d rather have Jason back.

Tails: Kate Higgins and Colleen Villard are pretty interchangable, and I like them both to be honest. There’s practically no difference between their voices and it’s scary how well of an impression Colleen does. That being said, even though they’re my favorites for Tails personally, I still can’t hear anything but Amy Palant when I think about Tails speaking. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing because I grew up very used to hearing Tails talk like that.

Knuckles: Dan Green and Travis Willingham are fine I guess. I wasn’t a fan of the dry grounded approach they took with Knuckles’ old voice actors back in the 2000’s, they just sounded boring with no personality. Dan and Travis bring new things to the character and I like them both.

Amy: LISA. ORTIZ. Hands down, she is the only voice for Amy that I will ever accept. Don’t get me wrong, I do like Cindy Robinson’s new style of voicing Amy but it just doesn’t cut it. It’s fine for Sonic Boom because that’s its own thing but I just can’t with the modern series. Jennifer Douliard was...eh. Not the best. 

Shadow: I really don’t care. I don’t see why a lot of people hate Kirk Thorntan (if that’s how you spell it) because all of his voice actors sound the exact same to me.

Eggman: Mike Pollock. That is all.

Rouge: I don’t know her name off the top of my head, but I’m one of the rare people who actually likes Rouge’s 4Kids actor. Does she sound like a 40 year old hooker? Yes. But I find it somewhat charming and I kind of like it compared to her other voice actresses.

Cream: She’s not relevant anymore but she’s my favorite so she gets a special mention: I kind of like them all, and they sound pretty similar all in all but I like her original voice actress the most. I feel like she captures the innocence and inheretent cuteness that comes with her character traits, but the other actresses do a fine job of portraying her as well.

(please let my daughter be in tsr as dlc i’ll give my left arm for that to happen)

I talked with a friend about this a little while ago, so I think I have list already:

Jason Griffith as Sonic and Jet(haven't heard that much from Tobi, though)

Amy Palant as Tails(Maybe)

Travis Willingham as Knuckles(still love Dan Green, but Travis has evolved a balance)

Lisa Ortiz as Amy(Though Cindy Robison has improved massively, I can't unhear it)

Mike Pollock as Eggman(though most of them are great for what they are)

Michelle Ruff as Cream

Marc Biagi as Vector(Though I like all)

Amy Birnbaum as Charmy

Not too sure about Shadow, Rouge, Silver, and I guess Blaze

For me i will say "it depends"

To me Jaleel White is the best Sonic VA, to see him forgotten outsider of memes is such a shame as he did bring nice range to the character.

However the rest of the main cast is so hard as there are aspects to each VA i like and or dislike.

For main continuity Sonic i will say Drummond was the best, I am not going to blame him for the clunky dialog in the adventure era.

I mean i liked Jason Griffith but there is a cheesy nostalgic factor to Drummund.

And for Roger... I think hes fine but he is better as Sonic Boom Sonic but not main series Sonic.

And I got to see what Ben Schwartz will do for the movie, even if the movie is likely to be terrible there is still a chance of him being a great Sonic VA perhaps the best since White IMHO

Now Tails... no never liked any of his voices.

They got to give him to a woman who can sound good as a male, Cathy Weseluck would be a perfect fit (as well as Ashleigh Ball)

Knuckles for me was probably best played Dan Green as he played Knux as a Total badass, Willingham loses points as his Knuckles was way too goofy at times.

As for Amy... too many people hate Cindy Robinson but for me shes fine, some say she is too Minnie Mouse but I actually think Ortiz was more Minnie Mouse.

Plus I love Boom Amy my favorite incarnation of her character.

As for the good Doctor.... i really miss Deem. Actually for the more comedic version of Eggman/Robotnik I actually really loved John Baldry, he had such flair and finesse and again widely forgotten outside of Memes.

As for the rest of the cast... meh.

Hard to say who is the best voice for Shadow, all are fine in their own special way.

For Rouge.... nah dont like any of her VA's

37 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Knuckles for me was probably best played Dan Green as he played Knux as a Total badass, Willingham loses points as his Knuckles was way too goofy at times.

I'd say that's more a matter of the material he's given.

37 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

As for Amy... too many people hate Cindy Robinson but for me shes fine, some say she is too Minnie Mouse but I actually think Ortiz was more Minnie Mouse.

Plus I love Boom Amy my favourite incarnation of her character.

That comes from her initial performances up to Lost World, which happened because she was directed to go for that by SEGA.

Boom gave her the room to actually comes up with the better voice due to being a fairly incarnation of the character. They finally changed it to match in Forces specifically because of the reception.