Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I doubt that any of the other characters had the pull to star in their own game back then. SEGA themselves admitted that they only wanted to find a way to give Sonic a gun anyway and bringing back Shadow, in their eyes, was a way to do it. Even if the poll was in some way confirmation; given the quality of the games during that period, I can't imagine that a game about a different character would have been much better. Not to mention that ill-fitting alien designs and retcons could have crept their way into Knuckles' back story or one about Eggman's heritage. Guns might have been more difficult to justify in Knuckles' case but, really, did they bother doing so in Shadow? There was no precedent for Shadow to start using firearms (especially since he can... you know... fire projectiles out of his hands and pretty much turn his body into a giant bullet) and yet they didn't even address it within the story.

Had I known about the poll, I would have voted for Shadow for sure. He was by far the most intriguing character at the time, being relatively new and having no clear allegiance to either Sonic or Eggman. There was no reason why a game about him should have been doomed from the start or need guns or aliens or a 'T' rating when he was popular enough without those things. Well, no other reason than the fact that SEGA was hungry for money.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

So if Tails won that 2005 poll, we would get another Tails game or something?

Either way, I guess it would be scrapped after 06.

Looks like someone uses multiple IP's ... the amount of total votes is rising pretty fast atm. 20 minutes ago was it 55 to 45, now its 57 to 43 again :rolleyes:

Edited by spoe

I also found this title rather interesting.

Dr. Eggman: Robotnik's Revenge

This happened after the point where they dropped the Robotnik name all together. However, "Robotnik" was probably still fresh on some fans mind since Adventure 1 and some mention of Robotnik in Adventure 2.

I dunno, just kinda interesting that was a title.

Still, where's my Eggman game?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't even remember what I voted for with some of these polls. The only one I remember is voting Tails.

Also, this really is just a bit of fun, and as I've said many times [elsewhere], this just reminds me of the This Is Madness Star Wars Character polls that run each year. You have the classic core, the new characters, and the interchangeable middle ground. It's mainly just for fun, and it's pretty easy to see that some of the matchups will be skywalks *ahem*, but the same concept from that is here as well. In this poll.

I ended up voting for Big in the last pole. Since I couldn't decide who to vote for I let a random choice generator do it for me. lol

I've just voted for Eggman in latest pole. We might not get much gameplay out of him but he is by far the best character in the franchise at the moment imo. :)

It pained me to vote against Blaze, but I definitely had to give the vote to Metal Sonic on that one.

Vector ended up getting my vote in the second poll.

I haven't voted for anyone since I joined The Sonic Showdown. So, here's my first vote for Metal Sonic, because it's Sonic's oldest and most famous rival ever.

Hm. It seems that Metal Sonic has more votes than Blaze does right now. I am not sure that people voted for Metal Sonic because they are so excited to know what kind of type Metal Sonic will be in Sonic Runners next month. It's very likely to have so much controversies about that game.

Uh, yeah, I'm voting Blaze for this one.

Needs more wimminz to be represented.

EDIT - goddamn, she's barely even coming close, is she? Ah well.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I voted for Blaze "my favorite Sonic series girl "  ...It pained me to not vote for Metal as it is 1 of my other top faves... But ohwell.

I also voted for Rouge.

Kinda sad Blaze isn't getting more votes TBH. Blaze really could use a few more important roles in main title sonic games to boost her rep, I feel with little more attention  she could equal or even pass Amy in popularity in time... Also find it a bit strange Rouge is losing to Vector... The Sonic series girls need more love.

Voted Metal because it's always fun to see him modded into games and then break the levels when you play as him.

Voted Vector because, as you can see, I'm a Chaotix fan. He's a detective with a heart of gold, and the theme of Team Chaotix is one of the best, I feel.

Two rounds with no main characters...it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

I had to vote for Metal in the first one. As much as I want to like Blaze, it feels like she's too underutilized to really shine and doesn't have as distinct a personality as many other Sonic characters. And Metal Sonic just feels like such an iconic Sonic villain and rival with a distinct niche, and he's been around so long too (I'm a bit biased toward da Classics). It's kinda a shame, though. I'm sure Blaze could be a pretty great character if she's given the chance.

Blaze and Metal Sonic aren't too far apart (just 10 percentage points), so I wouldn't say she's doing too bad, especially considering Metal's always been pretty popular.

Rouge and Vector are both worthy characters, but I decided to give it to Vector. I've always rather liked the Chaotix, which is probably a combination of the fact that they used to be affiliated with Knuckles, the fact that they consist of some really interesting species, and the fact that they have a really interesting and unique role within the Sonic 'verse. They're just a really unique and entertaining group of characters overall. Plus, there's that Classic bias I have too.

I was actually really surprised to see that Vector is beating Rouge...and by a bigger margin than MS is beating Blaze! O_O I always thought of Rouge as a more major character and the Chaotix sort of as B-listers. Plus, Rouge has appeared in Sonic Adventure 2, a pretty popular game (though not as much anymore, I know), while Vector's major modern appearances consist of Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, and even his Classic appearance is fairly obscure and not overly popular. So yeah, suffice it to say I didn't see that one coming.

Metal vs. Blaze, voted Blaze because she is my favourite female Sonic character and Metal has never really left an impression to me.

Rouge vs. Vector, Vector because I really like Chaotix as a whole and Vector is probably my favourite of the three.

Wow, /v/ really wants the finals to be Metal Sonic & Eggman :V But sorry Metal, Blaze(barely) has a better personality than you and I actually can play as her.

Vector & Rouge is a bit tougher tho...

Wow, /v/ really wants the finals to be Metal Sonic & Eggman :V But sorry Metal, Blaze(barely) has a better personality than you and I actually can play as her.

Vector & Rouge is a bit tougher tho...

it's like Episode Metal didn't even happen lol :P

anyway, I'm not really voting for anyone in this entire poll until we get to Shadow because outside of Sonic, Shadow's my favorite character. Well, I guess I did also vote for Eggman, but whatever.

it's like Episode Metal didn't even happen lol :P

anyway, I'm not really voting for anyone in this entire poll until we get to Shadow because outside of Sonic, Shadow's my favorite character. Well, I guess I did also vote for Eggman, but whatever.

Episode Metal doesn't count, seeing as Metal was just a reskin of Sonic in that game. The only platformer in which Metal had unique powers was SA2's multiplayer. (Unless you count his Copycat power in Rivals 1 & 2)

Blaze at least plays differently in Rush, Rush Adventure, and '06.

Episode Metal doesn't count, seeing as Metal was just a reskin of Sonic in that game. The only platformer in which Metal had unique powers was SA2's multiplayer. (Unless you count his Copycat power in Rivals 1 & 2)

Blaze at least plays differently in Rush, Rush Adventure, and '06.

i know, i was joking XD

I mean I still prefer Metal Sonic over Blaze, just because... well, he's cooler, I guess. I don't know, I never really liked Blaze if I'm being honest.

Just more proof that people don't understand just how wholly garbage Metal Sonic is in the games. The rival characters upset the status quo more than he does and give Sonic something to work towards. All the fuck Metal is is a glorified badnik.

• Thumbs Up 3

Even as someone who's incredibly biased toward the Classics I like Blaze a fuckton more than Metal Sonic.  Like, Metal has pretty much never been interesting. He just shows up for the occasional completely braindead boss battle, explodes, and isn't heard from again unless Sega is feeling nostalgic 

Mecha Sonic was cooler. At least he was stubborn and didn't completely explode when I touched him. 

Blaze isn't in nearly as many games as metal but she actually has an impact on the games she is in. She's fun to play as, her personality is actually likable for the most part, and she was a better rival for Sonic in the one game where they fought eachother than Metal Sonic has ever been, really.

Metal has seniority though and that's what counts, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just more proof that people don't understand just how wholly garbage Metal Sonic is in the games. 

It's called opinions. You may feel Metal Sonic is garbage, but others don't.

The rival characters upset the status quo more than he does and give Sonic something to work towards. All the fuck Metal is is a glorified badnik.

And Blaze is a shameless rip-off of Knuckles. I'll take Metal Sonic over her, thanks.

Edited by Diesel

It's called opinions. You may feel Metal Sonic is garbage, but others don't.

It's called facetiousness. Maybe you've heard of it, maybe you haven't.

And Blaze is a shameless rip-off of Knuckles. I'll take Metal Sonic over her, thanks.

I didn't know only Knuckles was allowed to guard things, or that guarding things was literally the only fucking facet to his character. I guess the Egg Cerberus is a shameless rip off too.

• Thumbs Up 3

And Blaze is a shameless rip-off of Knuckles.

.... is this a joke reply?

• Thumbs Up 6