Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

Well, glad to see Blaze making some better headway than she was before. So she might have a chance! Really want her to win over Metal Sonic.

Regarding Shadow, can I just ask how people are making and supporting statements about returning his character (and most of the dark age period of the franchise) back to SA2 and making things decent from there, when that was practically the same thing I preached in the SA1 topic and most of the same people were against those ideas? 

I mean, sure I was talking about whole games than a single character, but the idea was still the same. Someone just...clear up the "wtf?" I'm having, because at first I figured I worded it wrong back then and now I'm just seeing people the same thing I said elsewhere and...I don't know what to say honestly.:huh:

EDIT- speak of the devil, I have Shadow-level rep. lol

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I do think the people here can come off as quite toxic. I mean, it's understandable, the franchise has become a shadow of what it once was and a lot of fans aren't happy with the current direction, if it's to do with the culling of characters or the major shift in tone. That said, I do think this place would be a lot better if everyone cheered up and calmed the fuck down. It's not just affected Diesel, it's affected me too. I've been dissuaded from coming on here because there's a sort of tribal mentality where people with the overwhelming popular opinion muscle people down and it's prevalent on literally every topic. 

I'm not saying Diesel is totally innocent here, he did say that Blaze is a rip-off of Knuckles and never budged his opinion, which is obviously totally absurd. That said, did everyone really need to take the piss out of him? Couldn't you just politely destroy his argument? 

I mean, sure, you guys can behave how you want to because it's your forum. A little common decency and respect doesn't hurt anyone :) . I find it more infuriating because you guys are some well-spoken and intelligent people. I had no idea Knuckles was friends with the Flickies on Angel Island.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks for expressing yourself in the way you did Nepenthe. I just feel that some members could just dial down the mocking is all. I know people are passionate here, and I respect that, but I (and I think many others) would be happier if the place was more friendly and open. I know this is off topic so I'll leave it there.

And I don't want to feel like I'm trying to get the last word in here, so if you have anything else to add please feel free! But this is the last I'll speak of this :) .

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there any chance that the OP could be updated with the winners of this? As in, all brackets.

Aside from a small mention that can easily be missed, the blog doesn't seem to be tracking the wins.

• Thumbs Up 2

This has nothing to do with the franchise's current state nor the predication of what is and isn't a popular opinion. It doesn't even have to do with how pleasant your posts look. This topic on characters of various popularity levels progressed just fine until one specific individual- whose behavior has been marked as problematic by- I shit you not, the entire active moderating team ever since he joined- came into the thread. 

Did the thread get problematic only after I entered it? Yes, but I had nothing to do with it initially. Before the whole argument about Knuckles and Blaze started, you yourself noted that the thread was getting derailed by spam:

Furthermore, let's not get too snarky and spammy in here. Yes it's a dumb poll at the end of the day but let's not have the thread get on the train towards Shitsville.

As far as I know, no one has decided to or even accused SSMB of making a concerted effort to band together to vote for any single character. We're also not arguing that what you're doing is illegal (and in any event, using "it's not against the rules" isn't a solid defense for the ethics of a behavior). We're arguing that it's unsportsmanlike and thus becomes a poll about /v/'s favorite characters versus the fandom's favorite characters.

Also to the rest of you, listen to Azoo and cut the spam out. There's no use coming here to defend yourselves if you're going to bandy about the topic.

And then, you gave Kamina a fairly serious warning:

This is your last warning. Anymore of this and you'll have to go.

I had absolutely nothing to do with anything of this, so don't try to say it's my fault the thread ever got problematic. The thread was not going "just fine" before I started any arguments.

I highly disagree with the rest of your post regarding how I behaved in this thread, but I won't bother responding to it for the sake of the thread.

Edited by Diesel

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.

Screenshot_2015-09-02-10-27-07.png

24 tabs ???!!????!!!!!

But unlike Big where the influential supporters *coughsonicretroweebercough* couldn't influence the infinity amount of Big haters, it seems that Blaze is gaining more fans because she held up against one of the most popular Sonic character.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is surprising to see Blaze hold her own. Having said that; if I recall correctly, Metal only ever made it into the lower end of the top 10 in official character polls back in the day.

24 tabs ???!!????!!!!!

But unlike Big where the influential supporters *coughsonicretroweebercough* couldn't influence the infinity amount of Big haters, it seems that Blaze is gaining more fans because she held up against one of the most popular Sonic character.

34 tabs :)

But I agree with your assessment. It's either that or a bunch of Blaze fans were merely hiding in the shadows for whatever reason.

She's sitting at 51% now.

Ok, I voted for Blaze since, I love her in SANIC RUSH, and Vector cause how can you not love a croc

But, I am mainly voting for Silver the whole way through, even though he's probably going to be eliminated by Knuckles -_-

Also, just found out that Blaze went down to 45% with 2000 votes in a 5 hour timespan, I'm calling bull

Edited by Dank Wanker
New information

I voted for Metal & Vector.

I always forget to ask but, why are they doing these quizzes?

To gague who has the most fans ?

Because...? 

No really that's the reason.

Not making a game based on the results.

The winner isn't going to get a push.

It really is just a social media exercise.

• Thumbs Up 7

I voted for Metal & Vector.

Most likely to see which characters are the most demanded to come back, Shadow is going to win the whole thing if /v/ doesn't rig it

Is today the last day for voting Metal Sonic vs Blaze & Rouge vs Vector?

Btw, here's the results right now:

Metal Sonic 53-47 Blaze

Rouge         42-58 Vector

Princess Elise is a shameless rip-off of Blaze!

...Uh, now that I've got that out of my system, here's how my probably meaningless votes went:

I voted that Blaze would beat Metal Sonic, because on the balance of probabilities she probably would.  I think she actually has, in the comics, and in her storyline in Sonic Rush she beats Sonic.  It also has to be said that I really don't think Metal Sonic actually lives up to his hype in the games themselves - note that I think he should, but he really doesn't.  And on top of all that, I happen to think Blaze is a really great character on top of all that, so she easily gets my vote.  I wish she hadn't been up against Metal Sonic, though.

For Vector vs. Rouge, I didn't really have a strong opinion as I don't know the characters very well... but I voted for Rouge.  Femme fatales are all about running rings around detectives.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone notice that  characters that don't have  d***s have been eliminated, seriously ALL FEMALES have been eliminated in the first round