Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

Did anyone notice that  characters that don't have  d***s have been eliminated, seriously ALL FEMALES have been eliminated in the first round

...Great observation there. 

Really though it's a bit surprising to me; figured at least Amy would have squeezed through the round of this thing. Oh well. 

You obviously meant 'dank' right, riiiiiooght
  • Thumbs Up 1

It'll be interesting to see a round-up of the results once all is said and done, including percentages - for after all, some victories have been very clear, but others have been much closer.  There's also the numbers game of how many people voted in each round, too.  Even if this is just for social media attention, I think it's actually going to be very interesting to break down and might well be intriguing to Sonic Team.

Huh, Who rescued Blaze? Votes been trickling in slowly since poll has been up a while for those characters at this point, then suddenly 10k out of nowhere and Blaze on top...

Huh, Who rescued Blaze? Votes been trickling in slowly since poll has been up a while for those characters at this point, then suddenly 10k out of nowhere and Blaze on top...

Well more 6k, but I wonder if someone tipped off the Sonic the Hedgehog page to /v/'s actions of trying to rig the poll and added the 6k themselves to teach 4chan a lesson or if 6k Blaze fans suddenly were aware of this poll and came flocking to it, which is weird since it wasn't shared on Twitter or Facebook

Cool to see Blaze may actually have a chance to win this round. It also would make her the only girl to win a round... I was finding it a tiny bit depressing for not a single girl to win...  I mean sure we still have Sticks left... but unless a huge ton of people vote for Sticks later... which would only happen if Sticks fans and enough anti Shadow fans joined together... otherwise we already know what will be the outcome for that round. I also think it's just a bit sad it had to be Metal VS Blaze in the first round. I would had liked to see both Metal and Blaze make it to round 2. Regardless of that, some of these early match ups really are a little unfair tho.

Seriously what is this? Metal is winning again

I kinda figured that ever since /v/ got wind of it was the point that this polling was rigged. Kinda taints the experience.

I kinda figured that ever since /v/ got wind of it was the point that this polling was rigged. Kinda taints the experience.

Someone mind explaing how it's rigged? 

Someone mind explaing how it's rigged? 

Perhaps "rigged" wasn't the right word - maybe tampered?

And as far as why I think so, after hearing something about /v/ wanting a Metal Sonic vs Eggman in the finals, and seeing these huge jumps in percentages between Metal and Blaze, it's making me skeptical over the whole thing. Call me cynical or whatever you like, but even after they came to claim otherwise, I'm still doubtful of whether that isn't the case.

At the end of the day, it's not that big a deal.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Perhaps "rigged" wasn't the right word - maybe tampered?

And as far as why I think so, after hearing something about /v/ wanting a Metal Sonic vs Eggman in the finals, and seeing these huge jumps in percentages between Metal and Blaze, it's making me skeptical over the whole thing. Call me cynical or whatever you like, but even after they came to claim otherwise, I'm still doubtful of whether that isn't the case.

At the end of the day, it's not that big a deal.

I honestly don't get this. It's no different from everytime Sonic is in some kind of vote for me list and people on Sonic/Sega fansites encourage users to vote for him.

I honestly don't get this. It's no different from everytime Sonic is in some kind of vote for me list and people on Sonic/Sega fansites encourage users to vote for him.

They're assuming based on /b/'s reputation that /v/ taking any notice MUST mean they'll cheat repeated votes.

Yea, I really don't get the problem with a group of individuals pushing for their own favorite  characters to win...isn't that kind of the point of these polls?

Do these people know what the definition of 'rigged' means?

I don't think rigged is the right word, I'd say it's more like some people on 4chan screwing with the poll.

I don't think rigged is the right word, I'd say it's more like some people on 4chan screwing with the poll.

It's absolutely no different at all from what people do on the Sega forums and various other sites for stuff like this all the time.

The only difference is that some people are getting way too upset over it.

Also come on, some people have a really odd idea about sites like that, not everybody does that kind of stuff because not everybody can be bothered.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's absolutely no different at all from what people do on the Sega forums and various other sites for stuff like this all the time.

The only difference is that some people are getting way too upset over it.

Also come on, some people have a really odd idea about sites like that, not everybody does that kind of stuff because not everybody can be bothered.

True, crap like this happens all the time. But it still sucks that a couple of people are using private browsing as a way to spam votes.

At the end of the day, I'm not gonna get upset over it, but I do think the fun of this poll has kinda been sucked out a bit, knowing that a couple of people are trying to screw with the poll.

Lastly, I don't think all of 4chan, or all of /v/ for that matter, are screwing with the votes. IMO, it's most likely just one or two people doing it.

Edited by D.H

I think the reason why people think 4chan rigged this poll, is because of posts like this:

http://u22.imgup.net/f35ft36be7.png

Da fuq?! :blink:

Wow...that would explain how Blaze made a huge jump in the polls, and then Metal Sonic soon after...

Still the anti-furry bull is what really gets to me though with 4chan

Gonna need to hate every internet forum not part of the furry fandom then. Because much like the Sonic fandom and the MLP fandom they've earned a bad reputation everywhere through how a lot of people in the fandom have acted over the years, that's hardly just a 4chan thing.