Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

Gonna need to hate every internet forum not part of the furry fandom then. Because much like the Sonic fandom and the MLP fandom they've earned a bad reputation everywhere through how a lot of people in the fandom have acted over the years, that's hardly just a 4chan thing.

What I meant was they are trying to rig the a Sonic poll, a fandom full of anthropomorphic animals so a non-furry wins LOGIC

What I meant was they are trying to rig the a Sonic poll, a fandom full of anthropomorphic animals so a non-furry wins LOGIC

2023887-sonicchannel_metal.pngSonicchannel_eggman.png

Mind pointing out the fur on these characters? 

What if we like them more, which I for one do.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you hadn't noticed from the image posted. It seems to be someone from /v/ that was inflating Blaze's votes too. You're literally hating an entire group based on where they browse because of what one or two people there have said.

Hmm. It's a tie between Metal Sonic & Blaze, but Metal Sonic has more votes than Blaze does right now.

And for Vector & Rouge...

Oh, man. The sound of crickets is too noisy out there.

Vector has more votes than Rouge does.

but Metal Sonic has more votes than Blaze does right now.

Huh, how are you able to tell that? Thought the poll didn't give out information specific enough to tell when it's a ~50/50.

Huh, how are you able to tell that? Thought the poll didn't give out information specific enough to tell when it's a ~50/50.

I am not sure, but the blue bar indicates that Metal Sonic has more votes than Blaze does.

I am not sure, but the blue bar indicates that Metal Sonic has more votes than Blaze does.

Is that not just because he's the one you voted for? Or has Blaze now taken the lead because she's blue for me?

Is that not just because he's the one you voted for? Or has Blaze now taken the lead because she's blue for me?

I guess you're right.

If you hadn't noticed from the image posted. It seems to be someone from /v/ that was inflating Blaze's votes too. You're literally hating an entire group based on where they browse because of what one or two people there have said.

I'm not hating I just...

Ya know what forget I said anything <_<, I'm stupid

And Blaze is winning again, what is this ping-pong?

Blaze narrowly won the poll

I wasn't expecting that. I've always seen Metal as more of a "fan favorite" type and Blaze as just...another character (not to say that in too negative a way). But oh well. Blaze isn't a character I particularly love, but she's definitely not bad. Looking forward to the next polls.

From the latest update:

That said, sometimes the internet works in mysterious ways. We started this knowing that certain characters might win inexplicably, just because, well, internets. Don’t worry – this may be a guideline for fan sentiment, but we know it may not be 100% accurate.

Which is telling, considering some of us got wind of people likely trying to inflate both Blaze and Metal Sonic's vote for this one. Accuracy went straight out of the window if that given that detail is the case.

I'd be more happy of Blaze winning over Metal Sonic were it not for knowing that - and because of that, it ruins whatever chance of this polling being a guideline for anything. But hey, let's see how everything else turns out anyway.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Although I dislike the "cheating" element, I think it is a reasonably good indicator of what characters motivate people to care.  Metal Sonic vs. Blaze was a really hot issue; that in itself is interesting, don't you think?

The poll is kind of unfair. For the most of the time of the match, Metal Sonic was winning. It's like they deliberately delayed this match just so Blaze could win. Even if they did get busy, all of the matches should last the same amount of time but whatever.

Too bad that you can't vote  for any of the characters at once.

I wasn't expecting that. I've always seen Metal as more of a "fan favorite" type and Blaze as just...another character (not to say that in too negative a way). But oh well. Blaze isn't a character I particularly love, but she's definitely not bad. Looking forward to the next polls.

Metal is a fan favorite... But so is Blaze... I think... not sure if it's quite as much as Metal normally however. regardless I myself can say the 2 are both among my top personal faves that I like just as much as the other. And in certain fans opinions such as my own... Out of the female cast, Blaze is arguably the best girl in the series, she is a cool personality type girl character without it feeling forced or strange in anyway. And she sports a highly fun flashy design IMO.

• Thumbs Up 4

Both Metal Sonic & Blaze are fan favorites, but Blaze actually has a personality and development, so that probably helped her. I mean, she is best girl after all :V

• Thumbs Up 4

This poll is still going on? I figured they would've moved on by now with all the shenanigans that have occurred with the matchup.

Oh I can just imagine 4chan's reaction this

it was a mixture of "who really cares since Eggman was the endgame?" and "well Blaze is best girl so this is fine".
Blaze is reasonably popular over there. Thought you'd given up on bashing a place based on a single post you'd heard second hand anyway?

it was a mixture of "who really cares since Eggman was the endgame?" and "well Blaze is best girl so this is fine".
Blaze is reasonably popular over there. Thought you'd given up on bashing a place based on a single post you'd heard second hand anyway?

This time its not really bashing more of a joke so...,

Yeah, I bet Silver will be some tough competition in the end, I'm sure he can pull through

• 2 weeks later...

well, the sega blog have just posted their 2 next fights in the sonic showdown
http://blogs.sega.com/2015/09/25/the-sonic-showdown-is-back/
and surprisingly, SHADOW IS LOSING!!!
12046567_1205626112786180_20355050264006
I would have never expected this to happen, I was sure shadow will kick her ass so hard because of how people love him and how older and well known he is, sticks is just a new character that lives in sonic boom , one of the most hated parts in sonic and she is simply a psycho with a boomerang that seem to do less then shadow and is new in the series, yet your telling me that more people prefer her over shadow?....WHAT?!.
now i'm not telling you to necessarily vote for shadow because this is wrong or anything, but I am curious, I have seen many people that love shadow the hedgehog and seem to love him more then any other character in the series, saying that he's cool and while I do see also a lot of people who agree that he's over rated he is still some what lovable to those people in a way, how ever from my personal experience I see a lot of hate towards sticks, nobody asked for her to happened , nobody I sew cares about her, she is known as a fun character that was simply pushed in to sonic boom to help the comedy in the show, but perhaps I am missing something, all I wan't to know is if you chose sticks over shadow, what is the reason, what is so lovable about sticks to you personally over shadow, is it because you hate shadow for being so overrated that you didn't wanted to chose him or is it something about sticks that you simply love more?

UPDATE: it seem that shadow's votes are starting to rise, he already reached 42%, perhaps I was making a too early judgment... I hope

Edited by Baraksha