Sonic fires back!

Oh my god that was BRUTAL.

maxresdefault.jpg

13 hours ago, Adamabba said:

tumblr_o275npB9C01u5cb23o1_1280.thumb.jp

SUPERBOWL HYPE

Im loving the new shoes.

That's some neat art tho! 

Can someone please explain what Sonic's epic comeback to Youtubegaming was? My phone won't load twitter stuff.

Just now, Myst said:

Can someone please explain what Sonic's epic comeback to Youtubegaming was? My phone won't load twitter stuff.

Basically, he posted the Twitch logo, implying that Twitch is the SUPERIOR streaming site.

• Thumbs Up 1

"The secret is in the empire". 

Haven't finished translating yet.

There's some FNAF shenanigans going on too. There's another two lines hidden away. With a little bit of level tweaking...

Cay0_JWGUEAAul_i.png

"Hello Hugo. The secret is inside the Empire. We can get it back. The fated son of Daedalus. Add the numbers." Is what I'm seeing people post.

The  most obvious connection is Pixel Empire song. The logo here and on this video are about the same. So obvious reference.

Amusing, this song comes from an album named Adventure.

Fated Son of Daedalus. Well... Daedalus had two sons, but the more well known one has to be Icarus.

So, odd. I'm just gonna go with Aaron doing more joking.

• Thumbs Up 4

my little bro told me that Madeon's music appeared on Need For Speed-Most Wanted

it reminds me a bit of Living in the city

just a fact...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Criminal WittyUsername said:

"Hello Hugo. The secret is inside the Empire. We can get it back. The fated son of Daedalus. Add the numbers." Is what I'm seeing people post.

The  most obvious connection is Pixel Empire song. The logo here and on this video are about the same. So obvious reference.

Amusing, this song comes from an album named Adventure.

Fated Son of Daedalus. Well... Daedalus had two sons, but the more well known one has to be Icarus.

So, odd. I'm just gonna go with Aaron doing more joking.

That or the whole thing is really elaborate allegory for the Adventure games being the point in time where franchise flew too close to the sun. Either way, it's clever..

Edit: So what does it mean by "add the numbers then"?

I believe the hints are in relation to track listing on the album. There is a song called pixel empire, which is 11. And on the deluxe edition, there is a song called Icarus, which is 13... Add them numbers maybe? Or maybe there are other numbers related to these songs... 

10 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

That or the whole thing is really elaborate allegory for the Adventure games being the point in time where franchise flew too close to the sun. Either way, it's clever..

Edit: So what does it mean by "add the numbers then"?

Presumably the numbers that we've been given so far: 3' 21, 00(?), 4, and 1.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I've lost count at this point.

Maybe. Would make sense, but there's this 'Hugo'  guy. Whoever that is. And getting something back.

On 09/02/2016 at 11:18 PM, shdowhunt60 said:

I'm actually pretty baffled by those 00's, I haven't been able to figure out how they fit in at anything at all.

Well, if you want to don a tinfoil hat, you could always say that they stand for the '00s decade aka when the Adventure series was really at its peak of prominence.

If you want to avoid wearing something that attracts lightning, it's because 00s are fun to write and make googly eyes out of. 

Could someone remind me where the 00 came from again?  Were they the googly eyes in the "coming together" pixel image, or the rings in the 1991 software catalogue image?

Edit: Yes, just got confirmation in the 25th anniversary topic, which came up with a third set that seemingly confirms that it relates to a year.

That's actually one of the points I'm most concerned about, because it stems from one of Aaron's actual quotes;

"There was that scarf for a little bit, but that was kind of a phase. Not really feeling that as much these days."

You realise Sonic Boom is still active, right? Like, that come this close to slandering your own product. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I thought that article was pretty funny at times, but there were a few moments that were a little cringey, and it would be nice if Aaron at least tried to make it be in Sonic's "voice", just a bit, as opposed to the "Sonic social media voice".

Also, yeah, that scarf comment...it was kinda funny but bothersome at the same time. Just because Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal were a failure doesn't mean you have to trash Sonic Boom in general. There's still the TV show and Fire & Ice. It's one thing to trash a game from 10 years ago (Sonic '06), but a current venture is a very different story. I don't disapprove of it as a whole, in fact I sometimes like it, but you have to be careful about the way you self-deprecate.

Overall, a fun read and good for what it was, but there are a few things I would change. Also, if it was Sonic's voice, why did he keep saying "we"?

• Thumbs Up 5