Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I voted for Cream, as I feel she's a more creative character with her own unique niche and design, while Silver feels a bit like another take on Sonic or Shadow, if you know what I mean. I don't expect Cream to win, but I'm hoping she does well - hopefully a little better than she's doing right now.

I voted for Cream because this and she's also great fun to play as in Sonic Advance 2, one of my favourite Sonic games :)

• Thumbs Up 3

>All these people voting for Cream

16k7rc3.jpg

Granted, I don't have anything against Silver.  He had the misfortune of having a bad introduction.  I like him mostly in the comics.

Edited by Taokaka
  • Thumbs Up 3

I never got the idea that everyone hated Silver so much as his detractors are just that vocal. That and Cream has always been boring. Silver may be a Trunks ripoff but Cream is the very definition of a diminutive, inoffensive moe anime girl.

Oh I get that, absolutely. It's just less overdone than the narmy trying-too-hard stuff that chars like Silver tend to pull, so I see it as the lesser of two evils. The only other character Cream draws any comparison to on the cast is Amy, and even that's only when she's not being explosively yandere about Sonic.

Granted, I don't have anything against Silver.  He had the misfortune of having a bad introduction.  I like him mostly in the comics.

Agreed.

Silver and Big are similar in that neither is a bad character in and of themselves; they just had lousy debuts.

And both of them (and every other Sonic character) are incredible under Flynn's pencil!

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver has such potential as a character. In fact I would love to see a trifecta element with him, Sonic and Shadow. Sort of like a Good, the Bad, and the Ugly type story line. Sonic is the good guy, Shadow is the bad guy, and Silver is sort of the mystery in betweener character. Sonic Team could really do some good things with all three of them together in a game. It is too bad his intro had to be so mediocre in 06. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Big & Chao today for voting.

I voted Chao. They were my favorite part of the 2 adventure games back in the day.

WHY IS BIG NOT WINNING!?

Is this a running joke or something in the community? I keep seeing people say stuff like that.

Is this a running joke or something in the community? I keep seeing people say stuff like that.

Big in my opinion is the best character in the series.

• Thumbs Up 8

Big in my opinion is the best character in the series.

If that's how you honestly personally feel, then nothing wrong with that. Tho makes me bit curious how you formed that opinion.

I don't really have a good grasp on what Big and Chao are about, as characters.  I'm just not that familiar with the whole Adventure period of the series (even though I think I'd have had a good time).  So this is a hard one to vote in, for me.  I guess... Big seems like kind of a gentle soul, whereas the Chao are by nature multiple beings, so it figures that at least some of them might turn violent.  I don't know.  The "who would win in a fight" analogy doesn't help me here, it's not interesting, because why would they ever fight.  It wouldn't happen.

I need a different logic.  And that logic is...  Go Big or go home.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a character he's OK, but as a character in a Sonic game, his shit particularly in Sonic Adventure doesn't belong. Fishing is not a thing to do in a Sonic game.

I shall add his part in the story of Sonic Adventure is pointless. You can take him out of the plot and nothing will be affected whatsoever. I suppose if you ignore Big's part in the story of his big debut, probably doesn't take away from what makes people love him.

Edited by Fancy

It's a choice between someone with no ambition, and a species of pet I never got attached towards. I'll just quietly sit out this round.

• Thumbs Up 1

My first two predictions were right, but that was obvious.

I felt Big was going to win due to him, at least, being a character and not a species. Buuuut...

Well, here's my original predictions:

generi11.jpg

Guess I should change it up to reflect the Chao, granted I was rather torn on that, as well as the Tails vs Shadow one. Those two were just the most torn. I'm almost certain of the rest though.

Hmm interesting read. However nothing really new about the idea behind the character to me. So basically the people who like him like his disconnection from everything and his honest and caring personality and laid back life style?

Anyways always interesting to read why people like what they do.

I suspect the semifinals are going to be Tails vs Shadow and Knuckles vs Eggman (although Knuckles vs Amy is certainly possible too). I'll be voting for Knuckles to win it all, though I don't know who I'll vote for if it comes down to Shadow vs Eggman.

And now for the obligatory "Why Chao and Sticks?" Seriously why not Charmy? Or Omega? Or Timothy the well maintenance guy?

Let's see, so Chao is generally well like by pretty much everyone while Big is a troll pick of Retro and the older fans while hated by pretty much everyone else..

If Shadow was in the final clash, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see detractors unite around the underdog to beat Shadow at any cost.  Depends on just who he'd be facing, really.

And now for the obligatory "Why Chao and Sticks?" Seriously why not Charmy? Or Omega? Or Timothy the well maintenance guy?

Much like Jet, they probably on some level are there to diversify the field and provide spin-off representation.  I don't think the poll would benefit from more than two Chaotix, and for Omega, perhaps they felt that Metal Sonic was enough evil robot representation?  I hope this wasn't a rhetorical question, because I'm kind of intrigued now.

I mean, let's break it down, what have we got here.  The classic five, if you like, minus Sonic - Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman; we have two Chaotix, two Team Dark, two Team Rose (Amy falling under classic/core cast); Metal Sonic is an evil character who isn't Eggman; Silver is a Sonic analogue; so to a certain extent is Blaze; Jet represents the long-running Riders crew, Sticks is there for Boom, Chao is there as a fan-favourite mascot.  I think it's a pretty good spread.

I wonder if there'll be a bonus round of the overall winner versus Sonic himself?

F1bDnvC.png

I like Chao and all, but I'm honestly taken aback at how easily they're winning this...poor Big.

So, Silver won. Well, doesn't really matter because the winner of Amy vs Eggman will go to semifinal anyway.

Big vs Chao. I don't have problems with Big. Yes, I don't like his gameplay style in SA1 but there is difference between bad gameplay and bad character. And I have never cared about Chao garden.