Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I guess Cheese and Chao are the same thang. 

(I voted for Big because 1. He's Purple and 2. He's cool in the Archie Comics.)

I guess Cheese and Chao are the same thang. 

(I voted for Big because 1. He's Purple and 2. He's cool in the Archie Comics.)

No, they get different image assets and profiles in merchandise. It is just a chao.

I'm not really sure who to vote for. The Chao are cute but that's all there is too them and while Big is imo one of the best playable characters in Heroes his gameplay is pretty poor in every other game he's in. Not to mention that his character doesn't amount to anything more than being a good friend.

As opposed to the Chao who either look good,  evil or neutral do... what exactly? 

Also. He's a lot more than just a good friend.

Honestly... To me you & others Big fans who are trying way to hard to make Big out to be the best character in the series? ...seem just as bad as every other fan boy I’ve seen who is trying to push their “Ideal character” on to everybody else and trying to use peer pressure as a means to manipulate everybody into to agreeing with you.

That said, I really don’t have anything against Big The Cat, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with people loving the character… And I do think it’s wrong for people to hate much on the character “Or almost any of the characters far as that goes” … But this whole attitude I’m starting to see where people saying Big is the best and all the other characters are horrible kinda statement... that I am actually seeing from some people… is just as terrible as the people who hate to much on the character to start with IMO.

And honestly when I see some people saying stuff like “You better vote for Big… Or I‘ll be disappointed in you guys” Honestly almost makes me WANT to dislike the character just because of the manipulative attitude I’m seeing going around from some folk. Not that I do feel that way… yet… because I try not to allow other people’s opinions effect what I personally think of a character myself… But just the fact it almost leads me in that direction is… not good… and shows how obnoxious some people are being on this subject both ways.

Also when you think about it… these fans who are trying to extremely make out why Big is the “Best” and when explaining why he is supposedly so much better… and why the other characters are inferior… are actually going against what they love about Big to start with I'd say. Do you think Big would try to force his opinions, morals  and outlook on life onto others? Nope. And which is funny considering the fact that he doesn’t… is 1 reason why his fans like him.

I myself could make a  huge article on why each and every character in the series is “THE BEST” … and not just my personal favorites… However I’m not trying to change anybody’s opinions here… but I do wish little more people could be bit more open minded and realize there’s nothing wrong with people liking or disliking different fictional stuff from each other…

Ohwell… Now someone might say I’m taking all this to seriously. Or that my opinions suck or whatever. But I’ve seen this kind of hostile behavior in fandoms for years… well… more like forever TBH. And yes I know that’ll never change… but doesn’t mean it doesn’t make me feel little disappointed when it goes as far as it does sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 4

Honestly... To me you & others Big fans who are trying way to hard to make Big out to be the best character in the series? ...seem just as bad as every other fan boy I’ve seen who is trying to push their “Ideal character” on to everybody else and trying to use peer pressure as a means to manipulate everybody into to agreeing with you.

[...]

Now someone might say I’m taking all this to seriously.

2nd to last paragraph in my article. 

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to sit over here and wait and see how many people take this article way too seriously.

P.S. anyone actually going to try and argue how chao are actually decent characters other than "I like raising them..."

2nd to last paragraph in my article. 

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to sit over here and wait and see how many people take this article way too seriously.

P.S. anyone actually going to try and argue how chao are actually decent characters other than "I like raising them..."

Actually I did read your article. Both that one and the one you had linked me the other day. Which is WHY I put that line near the end to start with. =P

And my reply wasn’t just aimed at you, it was aimed at everyone acting in the ways I said.

You may not be asking me, but sure, I can defend Chao “Along with almost any character if needed” The reason Chao are loved by those who do… is many reasons, and some of those reasons are as follows.

Taking care of something innocent and helpless. You have to be mature enough to care about something other then yourself and to dedicate your time to helping it. So Chao in this sense are not just about enjoying raising something. It’s also just as much self growth as a person. How you rise a chao often can say a lot about the kind of person you are. And I’d argue the people who hate or enjoy hurting chao says even MORE about who they are... Kinda like real pets and many people have those right?

Chao are nice and friendly.. huggable creatures. Even the dark chao are helpful little buddies. Plus Chao are pure hearted by nature to be honest.

They provide a fun way to role-play and somewhat create your own world. Something that exercises your imagination is always good.

Chao also give a nice break between stressful gameplay and just allow ya relax time. Some people may prefer a straight forward game… and believe a super focused game is a better game. but I say minigames are a important part of many a big game. Sometimes people just need a break from the action packed gameplay, but this doesn’t necessarily mean they should just stop playing or play a whole other game... The little moments are needed to make the bigger moments feel more meaningful in their own way. Plus more important in my opinion is that minigames also give a deeper connection and sense of reality to the world of the game you are playing... allows you too see the world from a new perspective... making the world more deep.

I think you're going a bit too deep with the "Chao raising reflects you as a person" thing. In real life, I treat animals with respect and want to cater to their needs. I just use Chao as a means to make unique character recipes and don't care if they take some punishment in the process.

If the Chao are so "innocent", why are they running attack ads?!

11903773_10153523802567418_7441941075282

Seriously though, I don't think anyone wants people who didn't vote for Big to feel bad. I mean, it's a popularity poll, so (I hope) nobody's taking it that personally.

Still, it kinda sucks to be a Big fan right now. Not only was he "retired" from the series a few years back (if I remember correctly, that was the reason given for Big being cut from ASRT*? Someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it looks like he's not even gonna survive a single round in this thing. Of course, we'll probably forget about this whole poll thing in like a year or two anyway, so it doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. :P

*Runners is possibly being a sign that they're rethinking this, but then again 1) it's a random mobile game and 2) Tikal (who we almost never see even in spinoffs) is being added to that game too, so...who knows.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seriously though, I don't think anyone wants people who didn't vote for Big to feel bad. I mean, it's a popularity poll, so (I hope) nobody's taking it that personally.

The thing is though, it's not supposed to be, it's supposed to be a 'who is the best character/sidekick'. 

You seriously expect anyone to believe the chao have a character to them? Or have offered anything decent in any game other than being an excuse for armour/accessories in an RPG?

but I say minigames are a important part of many a big game. Sometimes people just need a break from the action packed gameplay, but this doesn’t necessarily mean they should just stop playing or play a whole other game

Then put another game on or play as one of the other characters, this excuse is as old as the hills and it's amazingly poor, you have bought a game called 'Sonic Adventure' what do you think the game will be about?

Plus more important in my opinion is that minigames also give a deeper connection and sense of reality to the world of the game you are playing... allows you too see the world from a new perspective... making the world more deep.

Minigames are designed to artificially extend the life of a game instead of filling it with real content.  

It’s also just as much self growth as a person. How you rise a chao often can say a lot about the kind of person you are.

Is this for real? 

And I’d argue the people who hate or enjoy hurting chao says even MORE about who they are... Kinda like real pets and many people have those right?

.... ... No seriously is this for real!? Are you seriously comparing chao to real world animals? Holy shit I'm going to jail for murdering my Sims.

• Thumbs Up 1

How is this not meant as a popularity contest? The SEGABlogs states that you're voting for your favourite characters. Even if it was strictly framed as something else, it would still boil down to one anyway.

Edited by Pawn

Yay! Back from my ban! :D

Anyway, the tournament aspect of this is stupid and no fair way to see what characters are the most popular. People should just be able to vote for whatever characters they want at once. That's how most polls work; all of the options are given at once.

I'm sitting here waiting for Knuckles to win it all.

I'm thinking that either Tails or Shadow will win overall, although one will have to knock out the other.

I'm thinking that either Tails or Shadow will win overall, although one will have to knock out the other.

In a perfect world, Knuckles would beat at leas Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

So long as Tails doesn't win, I think I'll be happy. He deserves a few more knocks to the head for his behavior in Lost World.

Will be happiest if Shadow wins, though lol. That's not happening.

• Thumbs Up 4

So long as Tails doesn't win, I think I'll be happy. He deserves a few more knocks to the head for his behavior in Lost World.

Hidden Content

I dunno, he tends to do pretty well in fan polls. 

Yeah, but he also has a pretty big hatedom too unlike the other big contenders, so you know... there's always that.

Tails being a brat in Lost World aside, he's still my favorite character. That's not something that shitty writing is ever going to change. I've got plenty of comics and fanfiction to sustain my fondness for him, and I'll vote for him in a heartbeat.

#OccupyMissionStreet

Eh, I'd be fine with Tails winning given my other choices haven't a cat in hell's chance of getting past the first round. 

You know, I like Tails and Shadow, but I kinda hope the winner is someone unexpected. Personally I'm rooting for Blaze...but somehow I doubt she'll win against Metal Sonic, let alone pretty much anyone else she would face off against if she even made it past that first round.

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 2