Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I guess Mentos and Coca cola is such a deadly combination it can turn even the best men into evil moustached cretins...

It's probably nothing, but the 'equation' for the 25th anniversary game is 'Bluray * Infinity', taken from the fb page.

...I don't get it.

1 hour ago, caseykz said:

It's probably nothing, but the 'equation' for the 25th anniversary game is 'Bluray * Infinity', taken from the fb page.

...I don't get it.

Maybe they're implying that new game will be on systems with Bluray? Like Xbox One and Play Station 4?

Also, a screenshot of what he's talking about.

sonic_quote1.png

Bluray is related to PlayStation, Infinity is related to Xbox. Platforms "confirmed"?

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

Bluray is related to PlayStation, Infinity is related to Xbox. Platforms "confirmed"?

I only hope that they didn't forgot about PC gamers...

Wait, how did you came from Infinity to Xbox?

Hmm... am the only one who dont like sonic  twitter/tumbrl ? I mean I do realize its somehow funny sometimes but it feels like Sega is completly fine with the "sanic" thing. After all sanic was created by the old fans who saw modern  sonic as a nothing more than just a joke. Also his "design" is inspired by those 13 year olds and their ms paint art. So is sanic name infuenced by those creative names to fan characters. It may be just like i am taking this too seriously but shouldnt sega at least try to  erase the shameful sanic name instead of making it even more popular ? 

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, AIBOUU said:

Hmm... am the only one who dont like sonic  twitter/tumbrl ? I mean I do realize its somehow funny sometimes but it feels like Sega is completly fine with the "sanic" thing. After all sanic was created by the old fans who saw modern  sonic as a nothing more than just a joke. Also his "design" is inspired by those 13 year olds and their ms paint art. So is sanic name infuenced by those creative names to fan characters. It may be just like i am taking this too seriously but shouldnt sega at least try to  erase the shameful sanic name instead of making it even more popular ? 

I was afraid to voice my opinion on this. That's my sentiment regarding the whole social media joking about modern Sonic as well.

At this point I think it's a common sentiment, if not a majority. It's all fine and dandy to poke fun at yourself, but there's not a good balance between that and actually celebrating parts of the franchise, and I'm sure that can take its toll.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know it's fine to poke fun as the franchise or whatnot as I do some of that to, but what strikes me about the Sonic social media is that some of their posts do give off a "we also think Sonic is shit, laugh with us!" vibe.

Our Blue Blur has been inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame.

with an exclusive sketch from Yuji Uekawa

• Thumbs Up 9

On 5/4/2016 at 0:15 PM, Sonikku Mikyeong said:

tumblr_o6nwh4BSjH1u5cb23o1_540.png

Happy Star Wars Day XD

A meme being used in a clever and funny way instead of just being there for its own sake? I approve heartily =)

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, -Ace- said:

Our Blue Blur has been inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame.

with an exclusive sketch from Yuji Uekawa

yaaay!! congrats for Sanic team!!! :D

tumblr_ns07s4w5Ae1uouf1fo1_500.gif

its was about time!! :lol: i find weird that it wasn't there already hehehe  but well

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

things and stuff of importance and intelligence

Thanks for coming in to clear a few things up and address the fans here. I think the memes are funny, but it does kind of bother a few minority pockets of the fanbase, so it's definitely good to hear that you're all doing a balance. Looking forward to what the future holds for the series.

Until then, I'mma keep the meme space covered on the BINGO card.

Spoiler

XMrBLWf.png

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

>References and Best Characters not checked off

Bruh...

Well a game has to come out first to check those boxes off dude. :P

15 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

>References and Best Characters not checked off

Bruh...

my bad, haven't updated it in a few months

qWtrWD1.png

• Thumbs Up 4

49 minutes ago, GeneHF said:

While they're pretty generic and forgettable in the games (they're mostly in spin off titles with light plots anyway), they do have fans, either from their looks or their more recent characterizations in the comics.

Um, actually I think the vast majority of Babylon Rogue fans are because of the games. The only arcs where they've been part of the story are Treasure Team Tango (probably the team with the least to do because the other three got more material), and Babylon Rising (can't remember most of what they did, but they were overshadowed by Sonic and the Grand Battle Kukku due to the events going on at the time). They haven't even appeared past the reboot save for a cameo on the cover of #258. I certainly haven't seen any BR fans cite the comics as a primary reason for liking them.

2 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Um, actually I think the vast majority of Babylon Rogue fans are because of the games. The only arcs where they've been part of the story are Treasure Team Tango (probably the team with the least to do because the other three got more material), and Babylon Rising (can't remember most of what they did, but they were overshadowed by Sonic and the Grand Battle Kukku due to the events going on at the time). They haven't even appeared past the reboot save for a cameo on the cover of #258. I certainly haven't seen any BR fans cite the comics as a primary reason for liking them.

I honestly didn't even know there were Babylon Rogues fans in the first place. They're such non-notable characters.

But yeah, the Rogues have barely ever appeared in the comics. Hell, the Battle Kukku with Speedy have more substantial significance than the rogues do.

That actually surprises me a little, but if you say so. Even if they too were scant in the comics (I admit I only keep up with them when I have the time), I personally thought they were a little better characterized there. They're non-factors outside of the first game. Really, their purpose makes me think of Solo in Mega Man Star Force where he's somewhat of a big presence in his debut, then in the next game, he has very little reason to be there outside of a thread of a plot point.

Coincidentally, both center around ancient civilizations and how they're related to the characters.

• Thumbs Up 2