Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

5 minutes ago, Fancy said:

Sonic had gone off its rocker and has yet to get back on. There's not a lot of games in the last 15 years to be proud of as Sonic fans.

The Unleashed/Colors/Generations trilogy is often regarded as the best Sonic games in the past ten years.

But still can't erase Sonic 06 and Rise of Lyric out of history. That's why people keep comparing Mighty No. 9 to those games before Webber stuck his oar in.

2 hours ago, Nepenthe said:

a supposed mass-media franchise that couldn't even pass Microsoft's certification standards to be sold on their consoles and is shutting down Wii U's. 

Stop

Pause 

Are you serious?

58 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

That's the news coming from players who bought the game. The Xbox versions were delayed due to not passing the certification necessary for being published, and the Wii U version is freezing consoles, previously thought to be bricking them. Not even fucking Sonic 06 was this bad.

That's one of the weirdest parts. Of all the shit Sonic 06 did, crashing was never one.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

ROL didn't cause crashes did it?

Speaking in which BURNS. BURNS EVERYWHERE

I cant stop laughing.

5 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Fun Fact. 

Webber didn't write that tweet. But hey we can't pass an opportunity to moan about him now can we?

In other news:

Undisputed bonus:

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but there is a new Hidden Message in the Mighty No. 9 tweet. Any guesses on what it means?

Preserved.png

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, sonicboom13561 said:

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but there is a new Hidden Message in the Mighty No. 9 tweet. Any guesses on what it means?

Preserved.png

For real? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Could it be "Knowledge Discovery in Databases"? That's the only thing that could be somewhat connected to the hidden messages given by a quick Google search. Perhaps it's a hint that we should analyze some kind of data that can be found on Sonic social media.

Knuckles Does Drugs?

Kill Dr Doom?

Knowing Destructive Daves?

Krill Don't Dance?

Knowledge Defines Danger?

Kratos Deserves Deference?

Knave Dies Desperately?

• Thumbs Up 4

And now the question is: Is this thing conected to teakover 2, July's party, Joyopolis stream, or something to else?

8 hours ago, Treacher said:

How much did this guy back?

ismailbutthurt.jpg

Not sure if he did, but Rami is a pretty big indie dev. And that's kind of a common thing with people being disapproving of the tweet: they're in the game industry in some form. The thing is, launching a game is hard, so those who know how stressful it can be for developers probably aren't too happy about an incredibly popular Twitter account for a game franchise making fun of a bad game launch. Especially when the people behind it should know how hard it can be.

That being said, I don't think the tweet was meant to be that harsh. It was mostly making fun of the line one of the team members said on a live stream. And I think Comcept does deserve shit for how shoddily they've handled the game's launch not just with the game being broken, but for the lack of communication to the people who funded the game. I'm glad they were being open and honest on the live stream about the game's development, but that doesn't really excuse how badly they've handled the situation.

Also, Ruby did make a post in response to the criticism the Sonic Twitter got, which is worth reading.

It's that kind of people: "I can make fun of you, but you can't NEVER make fun of me".

The devs saw it coming, the "better than nothing" was said by one of the devs (or backers, IDK), Aaron was simply being "fun on the internet" like he always do.

MN9 teams are in no position to respond to any kind of complaint, they had enough dev time and much more than enough money to do so... seriously, it's shamefull that they've done this with fans' money.

29 minutes ago, Jango said:

It's that kind of people: "I can make fun of you, but you can't NEVER make fun of me".

The devs saw it coming, the "better than nothing" was said by one of the devs (or backers, IDK), Aaron was simply being "fun on the internet" like he always do.

MN9 teams are in no position to respond to any kind of complaint, they had enough dev time and much more than enough money to do so... seriously, it's shamefull that they've done this with fans' money.

...Except the MN9 devs haven't complained about it. At most someone who works for Deep Silver, who is publishing the physical version of the game, made fun of the tweet.

7 hours ago, sonicboom13561 said:

Preserved.png

Turns out it's a signature; the colouring is apparently by a fan!

http://ketrindarkdragon.deviantart.com/art/Sonic-I-don-t-know-357818875

Checked my copy of the art (supposedly from the Art Assets DVD) and it's there too. Turns out only the lineart is by SEGA. 

• Thumbs Up 4

...Except the MN9 devs haven't complained about it. At most someone who works for Deep Silver, who is publishing the physical version of the game, made fun of the tweet.

Good. Well, I said teams, not devs. Deep Silver is one of these teams. Anyways, too much drama. Game's bellow average, which is inexcusable. It should be make fun of because of all that happened during these almost 3 years. Besides, Aaron makes fun of the bad Sonic games too, I can't see why people are all spiky.

Excuse me. Could someone remake this picture to be more in line with our fanbase. Just change the words :D

FB_IMG_1466608800986.jpg

Have you seen Sonic the Hedgehog's twitter page? It's been flavoured a bit for the anniversary with flying ballons!

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Ajavalo said:

It's been flavoured a bit for the anniversary with flying ballons!

That happens to Twitter User pages when it's their birthday.