Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I guess you could say the tease for the announcement of the next game started at the SXSW panel, so all the teasers to the announcement at the party is 5 months in the making.

Edited by Kabalni

It all started before SXSW. I think with Game Grump picture, and a numbers. One set for BBFA3:TT and other for a party, but I don't remeber when exactly it was posted...

I was invited to write an article for a website called "Source Gaming" in celebration of Sonic's 25th Anniversary, for the "Sonic Week" they have been having all week. It just went up, and it's about Sonic's social media accounts.

Just thought I'd share it here. And don't worry, no money is made from it. Source Gaming runs on Patreon donations, and I myself am not part of the staff, I was just invited to write as a guest. Aside from a few formatting issues that happened in the conversion from Google Docs to the website (I'm sure they will be fixed soon), I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/22/social-media-sonic-more-than-a-meme/

Sonic The Memehog

And while this one is a bit off topic, I did make another article for the site earlier in the week, so I'll plug that one while I'm at it. It's called "The Case for Sonic Unleashed", basically detailing why I believe Sonic Unleashed is worthy of praise and why it should be viewed as a positive addition to the franchise.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/17/sonicunleashed/

• Thumbs Up 6

It's about time they make their own joke tweet on Pokemon Go but real talk I might actually play this one more than PKMN Go.

Kinda unrelated-ish-maybe, but remember to respect Mike's property when playing Froggymon Go

6eb6ce2cf5aa4129611bd250714fc7c1.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Don't know where to post this but eeh.... has anyone noticed the score in the latest video with Knuckles?

September 27th more news to games? Details and Gameplay of Sonic '17 maybe?

EDIT: Oh never mind I KEEP FORGETTING that Sonic Boom exists... darn it. I'm sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woo, Travis Willingham!

I'm hoping that new lines from him, or if anyone knows where Knuckles's sound clips came from.

SOme of those lines are from the Sonic Boom cartoon. Like "You'll never learn Egghead" is from the Two Good to Be True episode from Alternate Universe Knux.

The Sonic twitter has gained +35k followers in the last six days 

And the posts are getting more and more likes compared to last year

Just an observation by me. The social media team is doing a good job!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Auto said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nice of them to let Eddie Lebron make a meme for the Tumblr page

tumblr_mgg38rLCTb1r98fdvo1_1280.png

The top comment and Aaron's response, tho

13956921_1779795675639361_486833424_n.pn

• Thumbs Up 8

....Did Aaron just confirmed that Angel Island is gonna be in Mania? NICE!

Anyway, it's a Thursday and we got a high quality how to draw Sonic tutorial, SEGA teamed up with high quality artist granddad, GabePaintedWhat, to make this video. Remember as long as you're passionate and sincere to your art, you can be a kickass artist! Papa bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Kabalni said:

....Did Aaron just confirmed that Angel Island is gonna be in Mania? NICE!

Anyway, it's a Thursday and we got a high quality how to draw Sonic tutorial, SEGA teamed up with high quality artist granddad, GabePaintedWhat, to make this video. Remember as long as you're passionate and sincere to your art, you can be a kickass artist! Papa bless.

I think aaron mean that later in the level angel island is set on fire

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah, though wouldn't it be amazing if it turned out Angel Island was in Mania?

After all, Aaron loves to cleverly hide these details.

I can't help but wonder if there's something interesting in all that background noise. At the very least, it almost sounds like there's a Game Gear or something at 3:49

2 hours ago, Kabalni said:

This is one of the best things I've watched. Beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 1