Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

Azoo, I sense in you a very particular flavor. It's of a briny, yet crisp variety. It's on the tip of my tongue- would you happen to know what it is?

stock-footage-truck-dumping-salt-wide.jp

I don't mind either way to be honest. Neither of them I dislike or anything so... *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 1

Tbh I believe the Eggman vs. Amy battle is rigged. Eggman was in the lead at first and now it looks like Amy is winning closely... I hope Eggman wins. There is still enough time!

I get the feeling it's her Boom portrayal that's boosting her.

... I don't see it.

I mean, really, I don't. I'm just not a fan of Boom Amy. I love her Archie portrayal as of late, but I don't see what makes Boom Amy so good.

Maybe it's less of a case of Amy being awesome, and more Eggman sucking? He hasn't been the most inspiring villain as of late.

Eggman has become a far less effective villain as of late because Sonic Team seems determined not to let the characters perform any interesting actions. He's not a constant source of aggravation or an obstacle anymore so much as he is an extenuating circumstance. In Colors and Gens, he lets Sonic practically get away with murder, and in Lost World his plan for revenge is so fucking convoluted as to be meaningless. Great, he's entertaining and all, but he doesn't do shit. And a villain's supposed to, at the very least, do shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised Amy is faring well against Eggman. While she is a pretty popular character, she gets a ton of flak for being an obsessive stalker.

Eggman is probably gonna win, though, as it should be.

So Eggman back in the lead with a 51%. I won't lie, I'm kinda staggered Amy has this level of popularity, I guess it's because the people that like Eggman are more fanatical about it, so it makes it seem like the character holds more popularity than he actually does.

And to think when the poll first went up I thought it was bad luck on Amy's part that she could beat out half the choices but landed a character she had no hope against.

Continuing to decide my votes according to the ever-faithful "who would win in a fight" thought experiment: Amy vs. Eggman has actually happened, right?  Like, she's a playable character in the Advance games so within her storyline she's probably beaten him more than a dozen times.  I don't know if Eggman's ever beaten Amy in a fight, though.  So, my vote goes to Amy.

I get that Amy is awesome but.... how?

My view, I believe it's because Amy is a fuzzy-wuzzy. And fuzzy-wuzzys are by default more popular to the fans than humans are -- at least the younger fans.

I remember seeing a poll that had Eggman lose to Tikal, of all characters.

Edited by WittyUsername

I ended up voting for Robotnik. However I am surprised Amy is doing so well. I'll be fine seeing either of them winning. This will be fun to watch. :3<

I myself do think Eggman has been lacking as a villein as of late... which is why the companies I think have been trying to shoehorn a new villein of the week in titles a lot lately... however that's a strange thing to do considering it's their own writing that's making him seem that way... Boom Eggman has to be my favorite Robotnik so far... but regardless I do wish they would stop making Eggman in general seem so useless often and barely more then joke nowadays...

With Amy I think I've always liked her designs and concepts of her character more then how they actually often write her... I even honestly think a silly fan girl of Sonic is a alright amusing idea... but the execution is often poor in my opinion. Boom Amy is fine to me... however I feel her personality on Boom is still pretty annoying... just in different ways then the normal Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh, it's not unanimous though (it never is on /v/).  But I do know is everyone there will probably unite against Ow the Edgehog.

Edited by Taokaka

By the way, /v/ got a hold of the poll and are pushing Eggman as the poster boy for anti furries.

Ugh, I really hate stuff like this

It feel unfair because I feel like 4chan just doing this to be like "lol screw furries" instead of actually voting. I don't really care who wins in the end but it's going to be dumb that Eggman won through someone being "Amy is a furry and Eggman isn't, let vote for him".

Yeah, knowing that someone is actually conspiring to skew the results has put a damper on the whole thing. =/

Yeah, knowing that someone is actually conspiring to skew the results has put a damper on the whole thing. =/

Agreed. I was hoping to watch a mostly honest enough vote fight... instead of non-Sonic fans voting because of a ulterior motive. =Y

PS: Meh. Makes me feel I should had voted for Amy instead now.

Considering the general writing standards that's not really a point in Eggman's favor.

• Thumbs Up 2

/v/ here, just here too say we're actually voting for Eggman because he's the most entertaining character and there's no real agenda besides that going on here.

Taokaka is a liar and most likely one of us. How else would he/she know about this?

/v/ here, just here too say we're actually voting for Eggman because he's the most entertaining character and there's no real agenda besides that going on here.

Taokaka is a liar and most likely one of us. How else would he/she know about this?

Okay, can we get a link to the thread then? 

Edited by Dan is Overrated

Find it yourself. If you know what /v/ is, you should know where it is. It's not too hard to find a thread that popular too.

Sorry, got better things to do than sift through garbage.