Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Yeah, it's safer that way. Remember last time he made a slight meme joke about it?

sonic-original-twit-1.png

Didn't end well for anybody.

I maintain that the Sonic Twitter did nothing wrong there. But that just goes to prove your point, I guess. 

• Thumbs Up 6

so, i've been with this stuck in my head, the ones paying at least some atention to the social media AR game  must have noticed the amount of references made to the number 8, like in the sanic post, that morse code, among others. Now with this new forces trailer that debuted today we got THIS:

Eight.thumb.PNG.fee0795aa1487cc53f44a94490407842.PNG

The first time i saw it i didn't realised, but when i saw the trailer another time it sparkled in my mind "hey, look, number 8 again", so, is this where the "8 clues" were leading to or this in the trailer is just More Clues... ? (or am i reading too much into this shot of the trailer)

My guess is that the constant 8's everywhere are either teasing more info in August...

...or they were all just leading up to Infinite's name (since '8 = sideways infinity symbol') and reveal in this trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2

What if it's both though?

Granted 8 sideways revealed Infinite's name in the trailer, but the 8 could forshadow more information in August since... Gamescom is that month, and we could get more info about Forces at that time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Could be. There's usually some Sonic info coming from Gamescom, right? I remember them showing a new trailer for Generations back in 2011.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes it could be both, and Mania releases in August too. (everything is connected) [cue x-files theme]

YES, YES THEY ARE!

13 hours ago, NikoS said:

so, i've been with this stuck in my head, the ones paying at least some atention to the social media AR game  must have noticed the amount of references made to the number 8, like in the sanic post, that morse code, among others. Now with this new forces trailer that debuted today we got THIS:

Eight.thumb.PNG.fee0795aa1487cc53f44a94490407842.PNG

The first time i saw it i didn't realised, but when i saw the trailer another time it sparkled in my mind "hey, look, number 8 again", so, is this where the "8 clues" were leading to or this in the trailer is just More Clues... ? (or am i reading too much into this shot of the trailer)

Nice idea, but I don't think it's meant to reference the number eight. In the trailer the symbol starts out looking like an "8" but then rotates to the below image which represents the "infinity" symbol:

CqH4qWt.png

The new villain in Forces is called "Infinite". So the symbol is a reference to the new villain, not to the number 8.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

Nice idea, but I don't think it's meant to reference the number eight. In the trailer the symbol starts out looking like an "8" but then rotates to the below image which represents the "infinity" symbol:

CqH4qWt.png

The new villain in Forces is called "Infinite". So the symbol is a reference to the new villain, not to the number 8.

thanks, i already knew that Infinite was the name of the new villain, but what caught my attention was the decision of showing the symbol in another position (resembling an 8) instead of revealing it straightfoward as the infinity symbol. (we could argue that it was a "visual effects" based decision but yeah, that was my point.)

I think that's actually supposed to be number 8. The upper circle is smaller when it's in the 8 position (like in the number), but both circles are the same size when it becomes the infinity symbol.

I've already mentioned it in the e3 trailer topic but my theory is that Infinite has the 8th chaos emerald embedded in his chest. Or he's the "embodiment" of the 8th chaos emerald.

I mean, it's a game series with 7 chaos emeralds being the macguffins 99% of the time. Then they show a dude with an emerald-appearing glowing shape in his chest, with the infinity symbol *purposely* both normal and sideways, forming an "8." 

And they dropped another clue under fun is infinite 

DDCLs7lUIAAVls-.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

On 23.06.2017 at 11:09 PM, Dejimon11 said:

DDCLs7lUIAAVls-.jpg

Financial Year 2018: Project Death Egg Σ

©SDVII

Fun is truly infinite...

http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/162365792647/wait-was-it-always

#huh. #hope you're all having a good week #thanks once again for all the birthday wishes last Friday #we've been hiding in the dungeons of sega #cooking up some fun new things that we may be able to show you pretty soon #they're not game announcements #we are holding our promise to keep Mania still under wraps enough #so when you finally play it (soon!) you'll have surprises

The tags on Tumblr seem to indicate they have a surprise coming soon, and it isn't game-related.

Possibly a fan event? It would be the latest it's ever been announced, but they've held it as late as October before. To say nothing of the times they've given only a week or so's notice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...