Jump to content
NoirSuede

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Because as a corporate social media account for Sonic the Hedgehog that mainly just dishes out memes and lighthearted goodness, general politics have no real on there. At the end of the day, LGBT issues aren't really anything to do with Sonic and SEGA needn't get into it. Plus you would have to ask what other political dates in the calendar they need to bring attention to. That one is tweet was a tasteful and simple tribute considering it was a positive piece of actual news. Pride month isn't news. 

Yeah, it's safer that way. Remember last time he made a slight meme joke about it?

sonic-original-twit-1.png

Didn't end well for anybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Yeah, it's safer that way. Remember last time he made a slight meme joke about it?

sonic-original-twit-1.png

Didn't end well for anybody.

I maintain that the Sonic Twitter did nothing wrong there. But that just goes to prove your point, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so, i've been with this stuck in my head, the ones paying at least some atention to the social media AR game  must have noticed the amount of references made to the number 8, like in the sanic post, that morse code, among others. Now with this new forces trailer that debuted today we got THIS:

Eight.thumb.PNG.fee0795aa1487cc53f44a94490407842.PNG

The first time i saw it i didn't realised, but when i saw the trailer another time it sparkled in my mind "hey, look, number 8 again", so, is this where the "8 clues" were leading to or this in the trailer is just More Clues... ? (or am i reading too much into this shot of the trailer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES, YES THEY ARE!

 

13 hours ago, NikoS said:

so, i've been with this stuck in my head, the ones paying at least some atention to the social media AR game  must have noticed the amount of references made to the number 8, like in the sanic post, that morse code, among others. Now with this new forces trailer that debuted today we got THIS:

Eight.thumb.PNG.fee0795aa1487cc53f44a94490407842.PNG

The first time i saw it i didn't realised, but when i saw the trailer another time it sparkled in my mind "hey, look, number 8 again", so, is this where the "8 clues" were leading to or this in the trailer is just More Clues... ? (or am i reading too much into this shot of the trailer)

Nice idea, but I don't think it's meant to reference the number eight. In the trailer the symbol starts out looking like an "8" but then rotates to the below image which represents the "infinity" symbol:

CqH4qWt.png

The new villain in Forces is called "Infinite". So the symbol is a reference to the new villain, not to the number 8.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OcelotBot said:

Nice idea, but I don't think it's meant to reference the number eight. In the trailer the symbol starts out looking like an "8" but then rotates to the below image which represents the "infinity" symbol:

CqH4qWt.png

The new villain in Forces is called "Infinite". So the symbol is a reference to the new villain, not to the number 8.

thanks, i already knew that Infinite was the name of the new villain, but what caught my attention was the decision of showing the symbol in another position (resembling an 8) instead of revealing it straightfoward as the infinity symbol. (we could argue that it was a "visual effects" based decision but yeah, that was my point.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's actually supposed to be number 8. The upper circle is smaller when it's in the 8 position (like in the number), but both circles are the same size when it becomes the infinity symbol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already mentioned it in the e3 trailer topic but my theory is that Infinite has the 8th chaos emerald embedded in his chest. Or he's the "embodiment" of the 8th chaos emerald.

I mean, it's a game series with 7 chaos emeralds being the macguffins 99% of the time. Then they show a dude with an emerald-appearing glowing shape in his chest, with the infinity symbol *purposely* both normal and sideways, forming an "8." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/162365792647/wait-was-it-always

#huh. #hope you're all having a good week #thanks once again for all the birthday wishes last Friday #we've been hiding in the dungeons of sega #cooking up some fun new things that we may be able to show you pretty soon #they're not game announcements #we are holding our promise to keep Mania still under wraps enough #so when you finally play it (soon!) you'll have surprises

The tags on Tumblr seem to indicate they have a surprise coming soon, and it isn't game-related.

Possibly a fan event? It would be the latest it's ever been announced, but they've held it as late as October before. To say nothing of the times they've given only a week or so's notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.