Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

I'll just post it, saw the link earlier elsewhere.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/307386991/dont-let-the-doc-lose-to-the-furry-menace

My only issue is that some of these are probably multiple votes from same people using different IPs. Guys at /v/ can vote for whoever they want to, their right. But cheating the system, not so cool. Of course, you can't stop stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whether or not the decision to organize was malicious or not in its intentions ("doing it to spite furries" vs. "We actually like Eggman") is a completely side issue to the fact that an organized effort was admitted to have even happened at all, for any character, meaning the results are felt to have been tampered with and the actual fight that was going on- which was much more interesting to actually see play out- was taken away.

• Thumbs Up 6

Also, I'm  not really bothered. I posted it because I didn't want to people to shocked by the sudden spike. And yes, Eggman is a cool villain

I'VE GOT THE MASTER PLAN

(Honestly though we are winning this fair and square, and come on now, how can you not expect Eggman's most loyal followers not to get him nominated.)

Furthermore, let's not get too snarky and spammy in here. Yes it's a dumb poll at the end of the day but let's not have the thread get on the train towards Shitsville.

Still nowhere near as cool as he could be.

I voted Amy simply because the doc is overhyped especially over the past five years of inferior-written games even though he's my second favorite character.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whether or not the decision to organize was malicious or not in its intentions ("doing it to spite furries" vs. "We actually like Eggman") is a completely side issue to the fact that an organized effort was admitted to have even happened at all, for any character, meaning the results are felt to have been tampered with and the actual fight that was going on- which was much more interesting to actually see play out- was taken away.

If they're using false IPs and such to repeat vote, sure. If not, well Eggman is the most popular character in that community and it really is that community having their say, there's nothing unfair in that.

Edited by ZERO_ninja
  • Thumbs Up 1

If they're using false IPs and such to repeat vote, sure. If not, well Eggman is the most popular character in that community and it really is that community having their say, there's nothing unfair in that.

This is how I feel. Hell, even real politics with votes have lobbyists. Only difference is, others have favors to gain from such.

If members of that community want to vote for Amy, they can do so. Not like /v/ers are physically  being forced to vote against their will. They make a choice to do as they please.

It's one single community deciding to band together in order to have their own say in a public fptp poll that's still an issue and goes against the presumed spirit of the tourney thus far.

By the way, whoever wins, Gamma will always be the best Sonic character. This is factual and not a subject of debate. 

:^)

• Thumbs Up 4

It's one single community deciding to band together in order to have their own say in a public fptp poll that's still an issue and goes against the presumed spirit of the tourney thus far.

Aren't you guys doing the very same thing though?

A community is free to do what they want as long as they play fair; which we are doing.

It just so happens most of /v/ likes Eggman so we mostly voted for him.

We was expecting this kind of reaction anyway.

Again, not rigged.

• Thumbs Up 1

Several accounts have appeared today that will never again be used by the time these polls end.

• Thumbs Up 4

By the way, whoever wins, Gamma will always be the best Sonic character. This is factual and not a subject of debate. 

:^)

Sorry for being a massive douche /v/. Can you at least do me the favor of avenging Cream?

Aren't you guys doing the very same thing though?

A community is free to do what they want as long as they play fair; which we are doing.

It just so happens most of /v/ likes Eggman so we mostly voted for him.

We was expecting this kind of reaction anyway.

Again, not rigged.

As far as I know, no one has decided to or even accused SSMB of making a concerted effort to band together to vote for any single character. We're also not arguing that what you're doing is illegal (and in any event, using "it's not against the rules" isn't a solid defense for the ethics of a behavior). We're arguing that it's unsportsmanlike and thus becomes a poll about /v/'s favorite characters versus the fandom's favorite characters.

Also to the rest of you, listen to Azoo and cut the spam out. There's no use coming here to defend yourselves if you're going to bandy about the topic.

Okay for real though guys, nice to have you here. The thing we don't do on the forums though is make one-liner posts and leave it at that, like the past couple ones:

Jokes are fun, jokes are cool. But contribute something, das the rule.

That's hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for being a massive douche /v/. Can you at least do me the favor of avenging Cream?

It's gonna be Eggman v Metal Sonic, sorry but if you aren't with the master plan you're against it.

Several accounts have appeared today that will never again be used by the time these polls end.

Maybe, Maybe not.

He'd rather flex his muscles

I always found this amusing. He doesn't even have muscles.

Okay for real though guys, nice to have you here. The thing we don't do on the forums though is make one-liner posts and leave it at that, like the past couple ones:

Jokes are fun, jokes are cool. But contribute something, das the rule.

Sorry fam, won't happen again.

As far as I know, no one has decided to or even accused SSMB of making a concerted effort to band together to vote for any single character. We're also not arguing that what you're doing is illegal (and in any event, using "it's not against the rules" isn't a solid defense for the ethics of a behavior). We're arguing that it's unsportsmanlike and thus becomes a poll about /v/'s favorite characters versus the fandom's favorite characters.

Also to the rest of you, listen to Azoo and cut the spam out. There's no use coming here to defend yourselves if you're going to bandy about the topic.

Arguing /v/'s making a concerted effort to band together on anything's naïve at best, though. I mean. Come on.

• Thumbs Up 1