Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

On 17.3.2018 at 6:25 PM, Forte-Metallix said:

Anyone in the mood for green eggs and evil ham?

Soo, are they saying it's all good to ruin someone's food and it'll make you friends?

Gee...

Japan’s 2018 fiscal year starts now. Has anything about Project Death Egg Sigma been released?

• 4 weeks later...

Vote for the Chao Garden.

• Time Attack is in every Sonic game no matter what.
  • Customizable Character (I think he means Avatar) should never be in a Sonic game ever again, I would rather play with the established cast.
  • 2P mode is great, but it's never online for some reason.
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

My favorite feature from the past games? Truthfully, I'd probably have to say 2P Competition if I'm being honest. The Chao Gardens were fun but I never went back to them after my first time trying them because I was afraid of getting too attached to mine... 

... I'm not joking. I was a child. I didn't want it to die or go away so I figured it'd be best not to form a connection at all. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

I'm gonna be an odd one out here, but I voted "customizable character" don't @ me.

Time Attack mode is cool, but it's in nearly every Sonic game technically, and (if that poll is made for something more than "just for fun") that'd be a waste of a vote

2P Competitive mode online would be really cool, but games were never about online capabilities outside of leaderboards and I doubt they'd suddenly do that for whatever the next mainline project is. Hell, even Mania doesn't have online comp.mode, which really sucks. So yeah, it'd be wasteful for me to vote for this as well. Also I can't say that it's my favourite if I never even had a chance to actually play it. Yes, I know there were some games that allowed online comp.mode, but these are either spin-offs, Sonic Colors DS (which died years ago) or some weird and very early WIP mods.

Now Chao Garden would get my vote if I actually spent a lot of time to raise them, but, unlike a lot of people in this fandom, I didn't find it that interesting or fun, even as a kid. Hell, Chao Garden is the main reason I don't even bother with 100% completion in SA1 and 2.

So yeah, by the process of elimination my vote goes to "Customizable characters".

Now before you say "Avatars should never be in any game", I completely disagree with this notion. In a mainline game? Sure, I don't really want to see Avatar myself, but why not make some sort of a spin-off where the Avatar could be the main (or one of the main) character? It would be cool to see customization go further, like making different kinds of moveset or grant passive abilities, or an increase to different stats, etc. 

And, if that poll is made to be something that's more than "just for fun", I also look at it and think "I wouldn't mind changing the looks of already established characters". Like, giving Sonic some sort of a scarf or Soap shoes, or Rocket shoes, or a freaking tuxedo etc. Just cuz I voted that feature as my favourite doesn't mean that I liked everything about it. I just want to see some sort of customization back for future games.

Soon as I saw that tweet on twitter I hammered down on the Chao button. Hahaa! Can't say I ever bother with 2P mode or time attack mode in Sonic... or any game honestly. Also to me the Avatar is better off in a spinoff game where it can get more focus instead of a returning element in future main Sonic games. Then again Chao kinda would be better off in a spinoff game too in order to get better focus.... Whatevz.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

... I'm not joking. I was a child. I didn't want it to die or go away so I figured it'd be best not to form a connection at all. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

w9NqXeD.png

I joke. =p

Myself I just raised them until they were old, maxed out in breed type and then put them away in storage almost like trophies. In my opinion they should never had added a die from old age element as it just makes things annoying. Adding a reincarnation purely by choice feature would had been better.

On 4/6/2018 at 2:33 PM, NikoS said:

"RUN, JUST RUN"

DaHal0aV4AAmld1.jpg

"He is rougher than the rest of them"

Late to the party, but Knuckles's feet are strangely missing from that sign...

Something is calling me, I don't know what

Something is talking but I don't know who

Something is calling me more and more

NO ONE STOPS KNUCKLES FEET!

• My Emmerdoods 1

15 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Can you perceive the rays of sun luminosity?

Oh snap,  I'm getting some Tails Doll curse flashbacks.

Oh, what a cringeworthy time that was.

Wait a sec...

I'm used to seeing the usual fan coloured one, but this one struck me as odd. So I checked and I was right to think it was odd; the usual fan coloured one has her game colours, whatever this one is uses her Sonic X colouring.

I don't think they plan to use her any time soon if they can't remember what her colours are. 

There's a Tumblr/Twitter thread and Melidan was the most recent to post there? Might as well check it out.

7 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Happy Mother's Day 

Ah...! ::blush:

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Wait a sec...

I'm used to seeing the usual fan coloured one, but this one struck me as odd. So I checked and I was right to think it was odd; the usual fan coloured one has her game colours, whatever this one is uses her Sonic X colouring.

I don't think they plan to use her any time soon if they can't remember what her colours are. 

Is it now? Cause looking it up, the only difference is the tie not being orange. Which I honestly think looks better.

Also, that render was fanmade?

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is it now? Cause looking it up, the only difference is the tie not being orange. Which I honestly think looks better.

There's a lot more differences than that, including the colours of the rest of her clothing and her marking colours. 

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Also, that render was fanmade?

It was fan-coloured from an official sketch. 

On 2/23/2018 at 4:32 PM, Detective Kaito said:

Oh no, you know what that means...

Sonic Heroes HD? I seriously doubt that.

Amy had eyelids in that game?

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

There's a lot more differences than that, including the colours of the rest of her clothing and her marking colours. 

I guess I'm just gonna have to take word for it.

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

It was fan-coloured from an official sketch. 

Huh. The more you know.

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Wait a sec...

Why do you think that? I mean using her Sonic X doesn't necessarily mean they'll not use her for a while.

Because what's presumably happened is that the Social Media team have asked Uekawa (or someone else on ST) for a reference in order for Kieran to colour, and all they can provide is the art from Sonic X (the same sketch was used for one of the eye-catcher). 

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Because what's presumably happened is that the Social Media team have asked Uekawa (or someone else on ST) for a reference in order for Kieran to colour, and all they can provide is the art from Sonic X (the same sketch was used for one of the eye-catcher). 

Maybe because that's the designer they wanted to use for now on. Keep in mind the whole two worlds thing which is why it was used in X.

The two worlds thing was from Adventure, Iizuka has said that. 

And if they had intended to use that design, they would have implemented it in Rush instead of using her game design. It came out after Sonic X. 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

The two worlds thing was from Adventure, Iizuka has said that. 

And if they had intended to use that design, they would have implemented it in Rush instead of using her game design. It came out after Sonic X. 

Fair enough I guess. Still seems like a bit of a stretch to make that assumption thought.