Awoo.

Think *secondary character* could carry their own series?

SatAMhog

Yes , she can handle her own spin off game or stories  , under good hands of course  .

I believe this apply to many characters

But an entire franchise for her , I think you are asking too much .

If stuff like Freedom Planet managed to get some success, then Blaze can absolutely have a spin-off series all for herself, in the same way as Yoshi's Island survives alongside the main Mario franchise.

Honestly, I think that the Sonic series actually needs something like this...

Now that the series' reputation is at the deep bottom (aside of Mania that's well recived because it recreates 1:1 an old formula), having a new game that sells Sonic gameplay disguised as something completely new, would be a way to build interest in people and get rid of those prejudices people have on the Sonic series; it can even indirectly improve the reputation of the main Sonic series.... As long as the game is good, offcourse.

IMO, Blaze is the very only character who could handle a sub-series, unless you consider stuff such a Big the Cat fishing game or a Chao Garden digital game for mobile with Cream as the mascotte, or something... but I'm pretty sure that a blaze game would have a lot more appeal than those, and on a way wider scale.

I can't see an Amy game work... seriously, she can be as popular as you want, but what would she do in her game? Her role is to be Sonic's girlfriend, and a game about that would be uninteresting. You can make a new adventure for her without involving Sonic, but at this point, why Amy, why not another character? Also I think that Blaze appeals more to both male and female audience while Amy is a bit too specifically focused on the female audience, and aside of the core fandom of the character, I can't see many young boys buy a game with Amy as the front character on the cover, no matter how angry she is in the artwork (HAL already went through problems at advertising that pink puffball of Kirby in occident, they had to modify some boxarts).

Blaze has her unexplored dimension, a world that's separated from Sonic's and you can create new characters, new stories, new locations, mysteries, and stuff without messing with Sonic's world and canon. Basically you are almost as free as if you are making a new Storybook game (without having to stick with the former Storybook's gameplay), and you can take some gameplay freedom as well, because that's not a Sonic game anymore.

Give her some magic spells, elemental abilities, let her collect mystical artifacts that give her new skills... overall, give the subseries a more fantasy feel and less sci-fi, less mechs (even if this means no eggman nega, for the good I may add).

On the top of that, add some special art style, maybe something slighty cell-shaded and with a bit of outline (or outright hand drawn in case of 2D) and a desaturated yellow-ish color palette to make it feel like an ancient book or something, and you have got your spin-off franchise with a strong identity (just a random idea, it can be something different offcourse).

Another thing to be considered is that the boost formula became stale and some people got tired of it... the fans ask for the classic gameplay to come back, to be applied to 3D as well. But the boost formula still has potential, it can still be expanded with new concepts. Maybe Blaze could take the boost gameplay and continue it in her own series, by making it more solid, more free (give more control to the player) and overall more interesting (new power-ups, new moves, new concepts); In the meanwhile Sonic can return to the classic physics and experimetn in 3D with something that goes more toward the route of the Adventure series (but more open and more physics-based) gameplay-wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only way I can imagine this existing as something tangible is if you sold the game as another Sonic game. He is a major player and pov character in a story that is otherwise about Blaze, her world, and her struggle. Introduce her world through Sonic and see if people want more. 

I love Sonic and Blaze's dynamic and wouldn't mind him having a part to play. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose so. I probably wouldn't be super into it but I definitely see the makings of one there. Her set up deliberately feels completely separate and disconnected from Sonic's already. It's one of the reasons it's so hard finding convincing ways to shoehorn her into stuff without making it feel like it's being done just because she's popular. There's convincing ways to do it, of course, it's just that it's rarely ever done because the people making the games right now are allergic to trying when it comes to that sort of thing.

Obviously though, I'd be into something like Tails' Solo Sidekick Adventures, Knuckles Ancient Ancestor Archive Adventures, Shadow's Gun Patrol Adventures, Rouge's Thievius Batticus Adventures, Chaotix Detective Agency Adventures (complete with OBJECTIONS and HOLD ITS even if they're not lawyers). Omega's Robot Rampage for Revenge Adventures, Silver's Future Boy Adventures, and Eggman's Eggcellent World Domination Conquest Adventures far more. 

Nothing personal when it comes to Blaze. I just like all the other characters more aside from Cream. 

Even then, I don't hate her. At least not anymore. The reason I used to have for hating her was kind of stupid. Now I'm just indifferent to her. 

Cream, I don't hate either. 

It takes a lot for me to hate nowadays. You know you're shit when I hate your character. 

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Iko said:

If stuff like Freedom Planet managed to get some success, then Blaze can absolutely have a spin-off series all for herself, in the same way as Yoshi's Island survives alongside the main Mario franchise.

Honestly, I think that the Sonic series actually needs something like this...

Now that the series' reputation is at the deep bottom (aside of Mania that's well recived because it recreates 1:1 an old formula), having a new game that sells Sonic gameplay disguised as something completely new, would be a way to build interest in people and get rid of those prejudices people have on the Sonic series; it can even indirectly improve the reputation of the main Sonic series.... As long as the game is good, offcourse.

IMO, Blaze is the very only character who could handle a sub-series, unless you consider stuff such a Big the Cat fishing game or a Chao Garden digital game for mobile with Cream as the mascotte, or something... but I'm pretty sure that a blaze game would have a lot more appeal than those, and on a way wider scale.

I can't see an Amy game work... seriously, she can be as popular as you want, but what would she do in her game? Her role is to be Sonic's girlfriend, and a game about that would be uninteresting. You can make a new adventure for her without involving Sonic, but at this point, why Amy, why not another character? Also I think that Blaze appeals more to both male and female audience while Amy is a bit too specifically focused on the female audience, and aside of the core fandom of the character, I can't see many young boys buy a game with Amy as the front character on the cover, no matter how angry she is in the artwork (HAL already went through problems at advertising that pink puffball of Kirby in occident, they had to modify some boxarts).

Blaze has her unexplored dimension, a world that's separated from Sonic's and you can create new characters, new stories, new locations, mysteries, and stuff without messing with Sonic's world and canon. Basically you are almost as free as if you are making a new Storybook game (without having to stick with the former Storybook's gameplay), and you can take some gameplay freedom as well, because that's not a Sonic game anymore.

Give her some magic spells, elemental abilities, let her collect mystical artifacts that give her new skills... overall, give the subseries a more fantasy feel and less sci-fi, less mechs (even if this means no eggman nega, for the good I may add).

On the top of that, add some special art style, maybe something slighty cell-shaded and with a bit of outline (or outright hand drawn in case of 2D) and a desaturated yellow-ish color palette to make it feel like an ancient book or something, and you have got your spin-off franchise with a strong identity (just a random idea, it can be something different offcourse).

Another thing to be considered is that the boost formula became stale and some people got tired of it... the fans ask for the classic gameplay to come back, to be applied to 3D as well. But the boost formula still has potential, it can still be expanded with new concepts. Maybe Blaze could take the boost gameplay and continue it in her own series, by making it more solid, more free (give more control to the player) and overall more interesting (new power-ups, new moves, new concepts); In the meanwhile Sonic can return to the classic physics and experimetn in 3D with something that goes more toward the route of the Adventure series (but more open and more physics-based) gameplay-wise.

*looks around confused* What in the world does freedom planet which has NOTING to do with sonic besides being a fan made rip of the game *but still a pretty ok game* have to do with anything? Blaze dimension also has noting that honestly could not be done in sonics world outside the sol stones. We do not know how big sonics world is or all the locations. From station square to empire city. Also how does Amy not appeal to males. Amy is strong in her own right and I guarantee is more popular than blaze in Japan.

I don't think any of the characters could hold an whole (sub)series on their own, and that includes Blaze, who despite having an whole dimension for herself, IMO is not worth exploring any further as it isn't exactly that much different from Sonic's to stand out.

Personally, I think the most that any character can realistically get is some spotlight/roles/playable appearances in future games. And even then, they can't just be thrown in without any consideration (like Knuckles for most of the modern era... or Shadow in the Boom universe) unless it is a spinoff game like Team Sonic Racing, as characters need to have a reason/motive to show up, a role to perform so they can help advance the story and in the case of being playable, something positive to add to the gameplay experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

*looks around confused* What in the world does freedom planet which has NOTING to do with sonic besides being a fan made rip of the game *but still a pretty ok game* have to do with anything? Blaze dimension also has noting that honestly could not be done in sonics world outside the sol stones. We do not know how big sonics world is or all the locations. From station square to empire city. Also how does Amy not appeal to males. Amy is strong in her own right and I guarantee is more popular than blaze in Japan.

About Freedom Planet, you basically replied yourself to your question.

It's not a Sonic game, it has nothing to do with it, but it still plays similar to a Sonic game and has some common character design elements. The same that would happen in the case of a Blaze spin-off.

Because in my opinion a Blaze spin-off should be completely disconnected from the main Sonic series, it should even be called in a different way, such as "Solaris Quest" (random made up name that's not "Blaze the Cat"). Because the strenght of Blaze and the Sol dimension is that they are their own thing, they don't depend on Sonic's continuity.

To continue the Mario parallel, think of Wario Ware, or Donkey Kong Country: Wario and Donkey Kong are technically Mario characters, but their spin-off universe are completely disconnected from the main Mario series.

I know that you can technically do the same stuff in Sonic's world, but it would be more boring than exploring a new world with new rules and new styles of environments, more focused on fantasy tropes, pirates, steampunk and so, tropes that are more unusual in the main Sonic series.

Amy is popular, but IMO there's not enough going for her to justify a spin-off with her as the main character, especially a spin-off without Sonic involved, since her whole character revolves around Sonic. If the hammer gameplay is all what makes her interesting, then make her playable in a regular Sonic game instead; I don't think that's enough to justify a spin-off.

Well, you can make spin-offs with any character, even with Sonic himself as the main character if you want, but it would require way more effort and you have to make up from scratch new traits of the character (such as how they made Luigi scared of ghosts to make Luigi's Mansion), or alternatively propose a different gameplay style completely (a Big fishing game/Captain Toad for the Mario parallel); With Blaze, half of the work is already done, you just need to design a good game with the concepts that are already up in the air.

Sorry if I continue to bring Mario, but IMO it's the most fitting example for a big platformer series with many spin-offs and different playable characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Iko said:

Amy is popular, but IMO there's not enough going for her to justify a spin-off with her as the main character, especially a spin-off without Sonic involved, since her whole character revolves around Sonic. If the hammer gameplay is all what makes her interesting, then make her playable in a regular Sonic game instead; I don't think that's enough to justify a spin-off.

Hey, Tails got at few spinoffs back in the day and he's not exactly a character that is more interesting or with more depth than Amy as he too, as you say, "revolves around Sonic"... yet in order to tell a story with Tails as the main focus, all you need is to give that aspect of the character a rest to focus on all the other stuff that makes Tails be Tails. Who is to say that the same cannot be done with Amy?

Just think of what we have when you take away Amy's crush for a second: A charismatic, bubbly, slightly sassy character that is fun, friendly, compassionate like no other and with a endless supply of optimism.

Her story can start with the usual Sonic chase until she meets someone. It can be either a character in distress, and that needs to be protected. Or how about one  who has doubts about themselves ... or maybe a misguided soul who has taken a bad turn in their lives and who just need for someone to show them that they still have good in them. Or why not all three?

While Amy's adventures could be called a "lite" version of Sonic's, I think that hers can be more engaging due to their smaller, more personal scale and stakes. Amy befriends and bonds with those she comes across with ease because she lacks that selfish love for freedom that makes Sonic keep a distance and blast off in search of new adventures as soon as he is done solving the problem that causes distress to others. I imagine Amy would put her sonic chase on hold for as long as neeed.

Then there is the whole difference in abilities between her and Sonic. They could face the same exact adventure but one of the two is going to have to put much more extra effort to overcome the same obstacles and save the day. I personally would relate much more with the character who struggles the most because it would be the one that feels the closest to a normal person who justs wants to do what is right.

Heck, even a story could simply focus on how Amy feels when left behind by that Sonic who always prefers to take along Tails, and Knuckles (for some reason, lol). What if Amy discovers a plan to lead the heroes into a trap? This could easily be developed into one of those "greatest stories never told" where we see Amy helping behind the scenes, and even if she ultimately is not acknowledged by Sonic himself, her knowing she did the right thing without waiting for anything in return and that Sonic is well is all that matters.

How can someone say that this wouldn't be material for a hypothetical spinoff? Plus she has the hammer gameplay that could be expanded upon from what she displayed in Advanced (which already was more unique and different than what the other two characters could pull off), such as new hammer abilities, leveling them up, unlocking the many different outfits she has worn to gain special attributes, different types of hammers, etc. Amy has plenty of potential for her own spinoff, but frankly, her character potential (both personality and gameplay) being put to use in a good way on a normal game would be more than enough for me.

Her being connected to Sonic's adventures and his world aren't necessarily a bad thing, just like how having a whole unique dimension disconnected from the main franchise isn't necessarily good. Sometimes, that connection (or lack of) can determine if a spinoff is succesful. Ideally, spinoffs should have the right balance between being something new to that things don't feel like just another game of the same with different character as the protagonist, nor too different and disconnected that they might as well be something completely different. To go back into the topic of a Blaze spinoff series, my question would be, which of the two options would people want: What is basically your every other Sonic game but with Blaze in the place of the blue mammal, or something that might as well be it's own franchise... and which probably won't survive for long without that connection to the main franchise?

11 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Hey, Tails got at few spinoffs back in the day and he's not exactly a character that is more interesting or with more depth than Amy as he too, as you say, "revolves around Sonic"... yet in order to tell a story with Tails as the main focus, all you need is to give that aspect of the character a rest to focus on all the other stuff that makes Tails be Tails. Who is to say that the same cannot be done with Amy?

To be fair, those came out on smaller scale consoles back during the Classic era, where Sonic was at it's peak and there was less production values and even story telling needed.

13 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Just think of what we have when you take away Amy's crush for a second: A charismatic, bubbly, slightly sassy character that is fun, friendly, compassionate like no other and with a endless supply of optimism.

...I don't feel like that's a whole lot to base a spinoff on, honestly...

• Thumbs Up 2

That's enough for her own game, but you could say that for most of the cast...but not a spin-off series.

41 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Her story can start with the usual Sonic chase until she meets someone. It can be either a character in distress, and that needs to be protected. Or how about one  who has doubts about themselves ... or maybe a misguided soul who has taken a bad turn in their lives and who just need for someone to show them that they still have good in them. Or why not all three?

While Amy's adventures could be called a "lite" version of Sonic's, I think that hers can be more engaging due to their smaller, more personal scale and stakes. Amy befriends and bonds with those she comes across with ease because she lacks that selfish love for freedom that makes Sonic keep a distance and blast off in search of new adventures as soon as he is done solving the problem that causes distress to others. I imagine Amy would put her sonic chase on hold for as long as neeed.

Then there is the whole difference in abilities between her and Sonic. They could face the same exact adventure but one of the two is going to have to put much more extra effort to overcome the same obstacles and save the day. I personally would relate much more with the character who struggles the most because it would be the one that feels the closest to a normal person who justs wants to do what is right.

Heck, even a story could simply focus on how Amy feels when left behind by that Sonic who always prefers to take along Tails, and Knuckles (for some reason, lol). What if Amy discovers a plan to lead the heroes into a trap? This could easily be developed into one of those "greatest stories never told" where we see Amy helping behind the scenes, and even if she ultimately is not acknowledged by Sonic himself, her knowing she did the right thing without waiting for anything in return and that Sonic is well is all that matters.

How can someone say that this wouldn't be material for a hypothetical spinoff? Plus she has the hammer gameplay that could be expanded upon from what she displayed in Advanced (which already was more unique and different than what the other two characters could pull off), such as new hammer abilities, leveling them up, unlocking the many different outfits she has worn to gain special attributes, different types of hammers, etc. Amy has plenty of potential for her own spinoff, but frankly, her character potential (both personality and gameplay) being put to use in a good way on a normal game would be more than enough for me.

Her being connected to Sonic's adventures and his world aren't necessarily a bad thing, just like how having a whole unique dimension disconnected from the main franchise isn't necessarily good. Sometimes, that connection (or lack of) can determine if a spinoff is succesful. Ideally, spinoffs should have the right balance between being something new to that things don't feel like just another game of the same with different character as the protagonist, nor too different and disconnected that they might as well be something completely different. To go back into the topic of a Blaze spinoff series, my question would be, which of the two options would people want: What is basically your every other Sonic game but with Blaze in the place of the blue mammal, or something that might as well be it's own franchise... and which probably won't survive for long without that connection to the main franchise?

I don't know, I just don't see the appeal of an Amy spin-off, But it's no secret that Amy is one of my least favorite characters in the franchise (aside for her Advance gameplay that I liked).

Anyway I think those ideas have more narrative potential than gameplay (or game design in general)...

About the last question, I'm pretty sure that the one that's disconnected from the main franchise has more chances of surviving and getting sequels, if it turns out to be good offcourse.

Character specific spin-offs that are strictly connected to a main series usually are an one time thing, save for some rare cases. In order to start a spin-off series it's important to bring something unique, or else it would start to feel redundant at one point.

And I'm sure that even by taking the boost gameplay as a basis, you can still differentiate Blaze's gameplay by introducing new gameplay elements (magical skills, ancient artifacts with powers, combat, maybe RPG elements, etc) and by modifying the formula to allow for more freedom (maybe more open world instead of being on-rail... the Sol dimension is made of islands after all, right? Each island can be a sandbox); especially if Sonic's 3D main gameplay will start to take a different route in the future, going more toward the Adventure formula like many people are asking for (and after the negative feedback of Forces I can see this happening).

18 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

I mean Tails is the sidekick.  Sidekicks are more likely to get spin-offs, like Luigi (Luigi's Mansion, Super Luigi), Daxter, Clank, Diddy Kong, Ellie from the Last of Us, Tingle, Yoshi and many more.  The only two games that I recall a main character's love interest starring as the main role in were the game with Peach and the CD-I Zelda game.

I like Amy fine enough but I'm fresh out of ideas as to how to make a spinoff starring her compelling. I could see a really weird puzzle platformer entirely focused around her hammer going over fine but I'm not sure how far you'd take that from the regular Sonic gameplay or how much depth you could even draw out of it from the first place. You could go all the way in the other direction and make a new type of platformer I guess? She feels way more abstract to me than the other characters in regards to what you can do with her for some reason. I guess it just doesn't interest me. I mostly like her because of how she interacts with other characters in the series I guess, so divorcing her from the others doesn't interest me.

Someone like Knuckles is a no brainer to me since you can expand on the exploration angle and give it some much needed fleshing out and the Echinda stuff is a rabbit hole you can draw a story from. Blaze is similar.  Shadow is the only proven success as far as spinoffs go and has the advantage of being a character that directly calls Sonic to mind without him needing to be there in a significant capacity. Amy? I don't know, fam. That'd be weird and probably a much harder sell at the end of the day. Doesn't mean good can't come out of it, though.

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

...I don't feel like that's a whole lot to base a spinoff on, honestly...

Taking into acount her 2-D gameplay, that's more than a character who in her two titular appearances was essentially a Sonic clone, and whose main  point of argument in this topic is a dimension no different nor particularly unique from Sonic's world to the point that it might as well had just been part of it from the start.

I don't think any character spinoff can survive nor gain interest withough a strong connection to Sonic's world... or even Sonic himself. In the case of Blaze, her having her own series would fare no more different than say, the FF's having their very own comic book with none of the game characters in it. Ironically, I think Blaze is much more dependant on Sonic's world to be relevant, because that is where all the characters that matter exist. Her interacting with Sonic, Amy (totally not shipping, I swear), Tails, etc will always get more attention than her interacting with some new characters created to populate her own dimension, no matter how well designed or written they are. 

Tails got a few, but only because he was the new thing back when Sonic was at his prime. Knuckles was added to Chaotix for the 32X only because a game released on an add-on that not everyone had (or was willing to buy) with a cast of unfamiliar faces needed a familiar face to attract interest, and Knuckles was still fresh from S3&K (as Baron Grackle once said, he WAS Shadow before the faker even existed). Shadow got his own game because ST was going through a phase that probably makes them blush when they think about it today. What does Blaze had, even when she was new, to justify a spinoff? as a playable character, she was as different to Sonic as Tails was in Sonic 2. Her homeworld, same blue skies, same green trees, same everything. There isn't even a ridiculous reason like with Shadow's game ("what would Sonic look like with guns?") to invest in Blaze nor her world beyond what was shown in Rush Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

She feels way more abstract to me than the other characters in regards to what you can do with her for some reason. I guess it just doesn't interest me. 

Uh, less abstract and more all-around, mayhap?

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, less abstract and more all-around, mayhap?

I guess.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. Just approach it like Yoshi and make it something light and upbeat to suit the character, lol.

3 hours ago, Iko said:

And I'm sure that even by taking the boost gameplay as a basis, you can still differentiate Blaze's gameplay by introducing new gameplay elements (magical skills, ancient artifacts with powers, combat, maybe RPG elements, etc) and by modifying the formula to allow for more freedom (maybe more open world instead of being on-rail... the Sol dimension is made of islands after all, right? Each island can be a sandbox); especially if Sonic's 3D main gameplay will start to take a different route in the future, going more toward the Adventure formula like many people are asking for (and after the negative feedback of Forces I can see this happening).

This sure sounds far more grandiose than the Freedom Planet comparison you initially made to compare how it could be successful.

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of the video games? I am very doubtful. Sonic team as it is now is too unfocused, and are rushing games out the door before they are ready. Forces being the latest example we can all point too. Unless Sonic Team manages too stop trying to put out games that are so rushed, maybe separate the 2d gameplay from 3d and not mixing it like forces did and decide to stick to one or the other and not both.
Another reason i am more doubtful is simply because, While i do believe that Blaze is (debatable between Amy or Rouge as far as i can tell) the most popular female character in the Sonic Games. I don't think she is that popular enough to warrant creating a whole new game with her as a main character. Not while we can just have games centered around Sonic with Shadow/Tails/Knuckles/Amy by his side or helping out, or just sell shadow related stuff as DLC, unless we end up with her being a co-star with Sonic or one of the mentioned characters. Even then i think its unlikely,and i do not see Blaze being playable outside of spinoffs like TeamSonicRacing, or recently that weird Sonic Forces Mobile game. Though i do admit i am probably just jaded from the constant mediocre games.

As for IDW Comics? I can totally see that happening, the people behind those comics seem to know what they are doing, even making Sonics cockiness bearable and not too annoying. Though it is too early to decide for that so far in the IDW series, i do think that with how the characters are treated, the art style is, and the small bits of what we got of Sonic's world i do think an IDW Blaze spinoff could be possible. Though how long said comic series would last is really up for debate.

Edited by JustAFan
Change a bit to make my point a little clearer.

I think what would make most sense to do with Blaze would be to follow up on her debut gameplay - the Rush gameplay, that is, the Boost, in its original more restricted and trick-dependent form.  Obviously, the Boost has certain limitations in 2D which don't exist in 3D, so they might want to flip to 3D to try and manage that, or just use wider screens now than we had on the DS to give players more warning - and in fact I think it would be another good thing to the franchise to outsource the Boost gameplay to spin-offs where it can be focussed on and refined, while the main franchise perhaps aims for something a bit more Classic-flavoured.  All very hypothetical, of course.

As for Amy, well, she's a character with no powers but she does use tools, so I'd be interested in crafting some kind of tool-based Metroidvania around her.

A Amy spin off won't work because she do not have any cool factors to market as a brand concept. Amy is not meant to be taken seriously and her lack of being a dignifed symbol for any personable role as a hero makes that lack. Hell when you look at her, what she lacks is a stand out presence from Sonic as a larger than life or atypically anti heroic. 

Blaze fits these things more than Amy, she's more serious but not so more than Shadow or Metal Sonic, her brand core elements focuses on her regal composure and superhuman abilities on par with Sonic. Plus she's a lot more of a relatable heroine than Amy, to the point where Amy has an almost upbeat Mickey mouse level cheerfulness that makes her bland stereotype like Sonic to see brand recognition of the bland girl type that never gets picked in multi player games(via Sonia blade or Chun Li), Blaze is much more fleshed out and relatable with flaws, her cold yet clumsy personality and her lack of social cues remind me of elsa from frozen.

And before any of you say pink and cheerfully cute characters like Kirby and Pikachubwork, they have brand recognition as action heroes or mascots of their respective franchises where they are like Sonic and use violence and power scaling to appeal to the casual observer like boys and girls. Amy is about being support type, she doesn't lead the front lines nor does she view combat as the main solution for any fixable problem. She's violently driven but she's most of all just a normal girl who relies in the boys or her friends to do the right thing in battle.

46 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Plus she's a lot more of a relatable heroine than Amy, to the point where Amy has an almost upbeat Mickey mouse level cheerfulness that makes her bland stereotype like Sonic to see brand recognition of the bland girl type that never gets picked in multi player games(via Sonia blade or Chun Li)

Yeesh, someone's not very open.

49 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Blaze is much more fleshed out and relatable with flaws, her cold yet clumsy personality and her lack of social cues remind me of elsa from frozen.

Uh, I think I'd say Blaze is more *defined/distinguished.*

No. She is just way to close to Sonic in terms of pretty much everything.

- She runs super fast like Sonic.

- She has a super form that is very similar to Sonic's.

- The most powerful objects, that she has to collect, are also just her own version of the Chaos-Emeralds.

- She has her own sidekick in Form of Marine, who is also an inventor that builds machines. 

- Her arch-enemy is literally just a color-swap version of Dr. Eggman.

- The main enemies that she has to defeat are also robots.

- Her world is very similar to that of Sonic.

I really see no point in why she should get a spinoff. Nintendo for example also gave also some of their characters like DK, Wario, Luigi, Yoshi, Tingle etc. their own games, but the characters were unique enough to carry their own games. Blaze has nothing really outstanding that makes her unique, besides her princess title, which is pretty pointless, since her royalty is never really addressed by the characters, and her fire abilities, which is just really visual decoration that doesn't influence the gameplay much.

Also, given Blaze her own spinoff really seems questionable, since she is one of the lesser used characters of the franchise. She only really played in 4 games a noticeable role. Rush, Rush Adventure, which not many people have played, 06, where she really didn't contribute anything to the story, and Black Knight, which is technically not her, but a character from the book that for some reason looks like her.

For real, even Cream, Zavok, and Big deserve more their own spinoff. 

If sega were ever going to make spinoff games again I honestly expect amy or shadow again. This isnt 90s sega who were confident in their games, had a large ad presence and were taken series. From cereal to soup. Sega was at their prime and people cared so they could invest in a knuckles choatix there and a tails adventure here. these days where sega struggles with the sonic games themselves and flies in people that normally bash their games just cause they have a large audience presence  sega probably wont risk much unless sonic is in it. And they will try to add classic sonic in as well if its 3d. Sadly at least in my eyes Sega sells sonic on name alone. Forget quality.  people will buy it cause its Sonic. Now if the franchise was like Mario I could see us getting a solo knuckles or silver game. And just cause Amy likes being a girl doesnt mean her own game could not hold up. Pico hammers all day!
y

• Thumbs Up 1