Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing Overdrive (Part 2 Out Now)

Sonictrainer

2 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

I think someone has said that Blaze and Silver have never been animated before, so I'd love to see the both of them in this.

It's true and I've said it a few times before. I can't wait to see if they'll be in it.

I didn't even consider the fact that Omega actually got 2-D animated for the first time in the last short as well.

7 hours ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

It's true and I've said it a few times before. I can't wait to see if they'll be in it.

Percival did get that stop motion animation in the cutscenes of Black Knight. 

So... Technicallity? 

8 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I didn't even consider the fact that Omega actually got 2-D animated for the first time in the last short as well.

I haven’t rewatched the first part in a while but I’m pretty sure omega was 3D cg.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Strong Guy said:

I haven’t rewatched the first part in a while but I’m pretty sure omega was 3D cg.

Yeah. Much like the cars, Omega looked to be a traced 3D model. I can understand why; he and the cars are way more complex to draw than anything else, and on a limited budget they'd be very hard to pull off properly. It does make them stick out in a bad way though. IIRC, even his Sonic Channel 2D profile art is just a tracing of his Heroes render.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Percival did get that stop motion animation in the cutscenes of Black Knight. 

So... Technicallity? 

Well that's not really what I meant. I meant a TV Show or similar animation appearance that's not a game or comic.

You know, a part of me knew Omega was a 3D model but I still said 2D anyway because it was a 2D animation and I wasn't sure. I apologize for that because the 3D really shows in this part.

That said, he was the funniest one here. 

Spoiler

Rouge kicks his car.

He kicks his car, gives a thumbs up.

"I did it!"

Also, Shadow... Mr. Ultimate not only didn't work with his team but had to chaos control him some loser popcorn. But it's okay because Eggman won in the end. He got the trophy. That means he won. 

The Egg Pawn was hilarious, mourning Eggman's "death" at the end. 

I'm honestly not even bothered that Team Vector didn't show up.

Although it does mean that Blaze will continue to no longer be animated yet again. Same for Silver. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Absolutely love the SA2/Sonic-X type art style of these. We could sure do with a modern Sonic cartoon like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

That short was great!

........But why do my boy Silver the dirty like this? :U

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Eurisko said:

Absolutely love the SA2/Sonic-X type art style of these. We could sure do with a modern Sonic cartoon like this.

I agree , hopefully they don't end these animations at just these shorts. I could do for another actioney sonic cartoon in this style

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Shadowlax said:

I agree , hopefully they don't end these animations at just these shorts. I could do for another actioney sonic cartoon in this style

Ditto. Lets hope they do. The way these look took me right back , fingers crossed they do it.

Omega's thumbs up to Rouge after he kicked his own car just like she did was great.

"Look Big Sis. I did it. Ain't you proud of me?"

CAR EXPLODES.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 3/29/2019 at 1:43 PM, Diogenes said:

If they go to all the trouble of making an animation based on a game that has Blaze in it and then don't put Blaze in the animation I am quitting Sonic forever like at least a week.

They went to all the trouble of making an animation based on a game that has Blaze in it and then didn't put Blaze in the animation so I am quitting Sonic forever like at least a week.

Pretty good otherwise though, I liked that Rouge was allowed to actually be expressive, Omega's a lunkhead, and Shadow just giving up and sulking was good. The action bits don't land nearly as strongly as the jokes though.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Omega's thumbs up to Rouge after he kicked his own car just like she did was great.

"Look Big Sis. I did it. Ain't you proud of me?"

CAR EXPLODES.

Omega is trying his best.

Speaking of trying their best, shadow in that cartoon inadvertently shows some peoples issues with the team system. I wonder how  it will be recived by the larger public. Will people like it, or just play singles?

Oh yeah, I forgot about Shadow using Chaos Control to avoid getting boosted through himself and then teleporting back--after his car has been sent flying!

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

They went to all the trouble of making an animation based on a game that has Blaze in it and then didn't put Blaze in the animation so I am quitting Sonic forever like at least a week.

Pretty good otherwise though, I liked that Rouge was allowed to actually be expressive, Omega's a lunkhead, and Shadow just giving up and sulking was good. The action bits don't land nearly as strongly as the jokes though.

I do actually prefer that though. It means the writing for these was actually stronger. I do kind of desire to see it translated into the game proper but I already know how this song and dance usually tends to go. 

Still, I'm incredibly grateful for these regardless. 

• The title was changed to Team Sonic Racing Overdrive (Part 2 Out Now)

I liked it. Omega was cute and I thought most of the other jokes with Knuckles and Shadow landed. Not nearly as good as the first one, but still enjoyable and hope they make more in the future.

Though, wish we could have seen Team Vector and Team Eggman. Kinda weird how Mighty and Ray have gotten animated interpretations before Silver and Blaze. Never would have guessed that would happen before last year.

1 minute ago, GentlemanX said:

Kinda weird how Mighty and Ray have gotten animated interpretations before Silver and Blaze. Never would have guessed that would happen before last year.

You'd likely never have guessed they'd show up in a physical capacity either.

1 minute ago, GentlemanX said:

Though, wish we could have seen Team Vector and Team Eggman. 

Me too, if only to see Vector and Zavok in animation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Way to end these shorts on a high. Every episode of Mania Adventures was good, as was the first episode of TSRO. They really managed to knock it out of the park for this last instalment though. Every joke landed, and every character was enjoyable. The action maybe wasn't so  point, but I definitely think they were going for comedy because there was a lack of any real action going on.

Can't pick a favourite moment from this episode. There were just too many good details and amazing faces. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Very good way to go out. The facial expressions are just all over the place that's it great. So many memorable ones. A lot of them are going to become memes. I think the Eggman Dance was probably the best bit. But my son got more time here thankfully instead of disappearing in the last one. Woulda been the second most expressive if not for Knuckles Gaudy Haudy laugh at Rouge...like damn...ROASTED. That was great.

And Shadow's speed walk to the stands. Wonderful. Woulda liked to see him actually get hit instead of just completely avoid it, but the walk sold it. And then he stole popcorn from a literal baby.

• Promotion 1