Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing Overdrive (Part 2 Out Now)

Sonictrainer

Shadow the Hedgehog.

One of "those" characters.

I bet every single person here liked that one shot of Eggman with that (:O) expression; complete with slowly growing mouth.

Here's a thing. Maybe Shadow's edginess is being played up for comedic effect?

I honestly didn't have a problem with it because it's just a silly little 5 minute video. If Shadow is like thisin the game then...Yeah that's a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The real shock is that Rouge still uses flip-phones in 2019. 

Thieving does not pay enough

• Chuckle 1

OMG! Shadow grumpily eating popcorn. So adorable. I really enjoyed these shorts and hope they actually do more. Mania adventures were cute, and these are just as nice. 

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Here's a thing. Maybe Shadow's edginess is being played up for comedic effect?

I honestly didn't have a problem with it because it's just a silly little 5 minute video. If Shadow is like this in the game then...Yeah that's a problem. 

Neither of these are a problem.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Neither of these are a problem.

Eh in game that would be weird, funny shorts...sure go nuts. Unless they really leaned into it. Like shadow acting like he's doing you a serious favor or is mildly annoyed when he has to help you in the race. That sort of thing could be really hilarious and would make me choose him to race every single time. He was like 

" Damn you suck, hold this item "

Or like if he did the like crash boost thing or if he was in the lead and you are on the same team riding in his drag wind  and he's like " feel free to hold on to my coat tails"

Lot of I'm better than you humor could be mined out of that.

Issue is as of currently from what I have experienced I do not trust the writing or voice acting to be good enough to pull that off. So it might just be a problem

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

" Damn you suck, hold this item " 

I'm sorry, it seems like Shadow the Hedgehog is just a bit too in-character for me...

Hopefully this gets fixed in the sequel.

Probably my favorite short yet! Loved all the genuinely funny moments with Knux and others. Sega would be crazy to not keep making these! :D

Also Eggman death count: 2 (the first being at the end of the original Mania short)

• Thumbs Up 1

A bit bummed that Team Vector didn't appear, but this was pretty hilarious.

The expressions were on point, that eggman expression is the Sonic equivalent of the 'Shocked Pikachu' meme, and Shadows expression after seeing the team boost together was frikken perfect.

So many other funny things: Eggmans dance after stealing the trophy and mostly the time when Knuckles tossed the white wisps to Tails and then the church bell sound effect happened along with that "Welp" expression was amusing.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Making this put a smile on my face.

It fits and just adds onto the humor. What would've made it funnier was Eggman's theme instantly stopped as soon as he got squashed and Live & Learn started.

Rouge learns to not distracting the driver while driving a car

distracting the driver.png

-I really love how Sega are building rivalry between team sonic and team dark properly with this animation .

-I never thought of Omega can be a little bit dumb , but it's acceptable to me , adding more charm to his character .

9 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

-I really love how Sega are building rivalry between team sonic and team dark properly with this animation .

-I never thought of Omega can be a little bit dumb , but it's acceptable to me , adding more charm to his character .

Wow, Omega looks like a DS model here.

10 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

I don't think they are building anything, it's a cute little animation that works because they are being competitive for a game where that's gonna be of competitive. I don't expect anything from this cartoon to exist in anything other than this cartoon.

As for omega, I have never found omega useful , he's a third from a game where they needed 3 and Sega decided to keep him. But at least this characterization is accurate to how I feel about him. And that's funny. That said much like the previous statement I don't expect anything from this cartoon to exist outside of this cartoon

He didn't try to help fix things, he crashed...because of Rouge Topaz Bat and he kicked his car...also because of Rouge Thief Bat.

A robot is only as useful as the input he gets.

Its less that he's stupid and more to do with how he's programed. Rouge asks for help, so he comes in hot. Rouge shows frustration over her situation, Omega mimics the action in an attempt to make her feel better. His AI isn't the most advance thing in the world. He just acts in the moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

A robot is only as useful as the input he gets.

Its less that he's stupid and more to do with how he's programed. Rouge asks for help, so he comes in hot. Rouge shows frustration over her situation, Omega mimics the action in an attempt to make her feel better. His AI isn't the most advance thing in the world. He just acts in the moment.

Also, Omega is a mobile piece of lethal artillery, not a mechanic. XD

You aren't wrong, he shoot. That's what he do. Shadow given his experience fixing his own bike and omega could have been more help fixing the car. But he was uh...preoccupied. teamwork is key

• Thumbs Up 1