Jump to content
Awoo.

What's a good place to buy Sonic the Comic?


Myst
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm an American and my only exposure to Sonic in comic-book form has always been Archie and now IDW.

I've heard about the Fleetway comic for years but never been able to obtain an issue for myself. I've looked on sites like eBay but can't find any old issues.

Are these really rare, or am I just not looking in the right places? Really interested in adding some of these to my collection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badnik Mechanic

I just checked ebay.co.uk 

Typed Sonic the Comic and several bundles came up.

 

But in terms of collecting fleetway Sonic. It's a really hard comic to try and value and recommend issues. Because the early issues are not that rare compared to the rest of them so you don't wanna be paying too much.

However, the first 5 or 6 issues are a bit pants. The artwork is really poor (even the artist admits it's bad) and the stories are just one shots (except for issue 1 and 2).  But once it gets to the Issue where Sonic escapes the special zone with his friends, it really ups the quality and story telling.

It might be an idea to try before you buy with fleetway, last I checked EmuParadise still had the entire series on it's website. If you like it and want some actual issues, either ebay.co.uk or get in touch with me since I know I have a bunch of issues that I've been wanting to sell for a long time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I just checked ebay.co.uk 

Typed Sonic the Comic and several bundles came up.

 

But in terms of collecting fleetway Sonic. It's a really hard comic to try and value and recommend issues. Because the early issues are not that rare compared to the rest of them so you don't wanna be paying too much.

However, the first 5 or 6 issues are a bit pants. The artwork is really poor (even the artist admits it's bad) and the stories are just one shots (except for issue 1 and 2).  But once it gets to the Issue where Sonic escapes the special zone with his friends, it really ups the quality and story telling.

It might be an idea to try before you buy with fleetway, last I checked EmuParadise still had the entire series on it's website. If you like it and want some actual issues, either ebay.co.uk or get in touch with me since I know I have a bunch of issues that I've been wanting to sell for a long time.

 

Thanks! I'll check those sites out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Why buy them if you can read them online? That is what I do. 

Because I like physically owning things as opposed to digitally. Also I like to collect Sonic merch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a related note, does anyone else find the shear size of the issues to be a barrier to collecting them? I mean the paper is over twice the size of most comics I’ve seen. evidently when they make a comic in the UK they  use the whole damn tree. Any storage tips?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's funny, I've been trying to find a way to get the entirety of the Sonic the Comic UK/Fleetway series myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badnik Mechanic
On 3/30/2019 at 2:29 AM, Cuz said:

In a related note, does anyone else find the shear size of the issues to be a barrier to collecting them? I mean the paper is over twice the size of most comics I’ve seen. evidently when they make a comic in the UK they  use the whole damn tree. Any storage tips?

 

I show you exactly how to bag and board them, as well as explain what style of Comic book bags and boards you need to store these comics.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
MikeAberdeen

I've just seen a couple of listings of large collections of sonic the comic on Ebay. One at £4,999 and one at £2,000. Are they really that valuable? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114278904573

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264722503185

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Rabbitearsblog

I wonder why this series is not that readily available internationally?  Is there some kind of copyright issues going on with this series or is it difficult to sell internationally?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

I wonder why this series is not that readily available internationally?  Is there some kind of copyright issues going on with this series or is it difficult to sell internationally?  

Mainly produced for one region, out of print for 20 years, limited availability of surviving issues, reprints were limited to being part of the regular fortnightly series, low international demand and high shipping costs.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Rabbitearsblog
On 7/14/2021 at 6:11 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

Mainly produced for one region, out of print for 20 years, limited availability of surviving issues, reprints were limited to being part of the regular fortnightly series, low international demand and high shipping costs.

Interesting...I wonder if this series will ever get an international release if there was more interest for this series to be readily available?  Or maybe they could mention this series somewhere in the IDW series since many people are buying the IDW series at the moment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll never happen but I would love it if Panini the people who do Doctor Who Magazine got the fights to do a revival of STC and released trade collections thst release internationally like their Doctor Who comics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.