Ryannumber1gamer

PlayStation's State of Play (PlayStation Announcement Stream) - First Stream - Monday 25th March 2019 - 9PM GMT/5pm EST

Announced today on the PlayStation Blog, a brand new thing that seems to be following up the announcement that PlayStation will not be at E3 this year - the PlayStation State of Play has been announced for this Monday (the 25th of March). According to PlayStation's official announcement, it will be announcing upcoming PS4 and PlayStation VR games, and has been announced to have multiple streams throughout the year.

In terms of where you can stream it, YouTube and Twitch has been announced as the main stream locations, and similar to Nintendo Directs, Motobug will be providing a stream for SSMB members as well so they can watch the State of Play together. 

In terms of what we can expect, there's rumours ongoing that an unannounced second-party exclusive is being developed for the PS4. On top of that, Beyond, Heavy Rain, and Detroit have been announced to be coming to PC, so we could possibly hear something about it at this State of Play. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another glimpse of Last of Us Part 2 since it's due to make it's debut this year, possibly with a release date.

In terms of things I'm personally rooting a remaster of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and maybe something from Insomniac (New Ratchet game pls).

Why would they remaster PSA instead of just do a sequel...? They have a bunch of newer IP’s to work with, and most of the cast of the original is dead or outdated/irrelevant.(Hell, Kratos is usually associated with old man Kratos more than the og one.) Especially true regarding the 3rd parties here. Raiden hasn’t been used period this generation, and Donte was a one off failed reboot character. Oh right, and Big Daddy from Bioshock was there. A sequel would benefit that franchise more if we’re  being totally real. 

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

Why would they remaster PSA instead of just do a sequel...? They have a bunch of newer IP’s to work with, and most of the cast of the original is dead or outdated/irrelevant.(Hell, Kratos is usually associated with old man Kratos more than the og one.) Especially true regarding the 3rd parties here. Raiden hasn’t been used period this generation, and Donte was a one off failed reboot character. Oh right, and Big Daddy from Bioshock was there. A sequel would benefit that franchise more if we’re  being totally real. 

I would love a sequel, it’s more so I’d believe Sony would port the original to test waters as opposed to going right to a sequel. If we got lucky with that, I’d be all the happier.