Ryannumber1Scarer

PlayStation's State of Play (PlayStation Announcement Stream) - Latest Stream - Thursday 6th August 2020 - 9PM BST/4pm EST

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/state-of-play-returns-this-thursday-august-6/

New State of Play announced for this Saturday at 9pm BST/4pm EST/1pm PDT. Confirmed details thus far:

• 40 minutes in length
  • Focus on Third-Parties 
  • No PS5 announcements
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time will be making an appearance (confirmed on a Japanese blog post)
  • There will be no updates from any of the PlayStation Studios in this month's state of play
  • No updates on hardware, pre-orders, business, or dates

It seems Sony's trying their hardest to temper expectations for this, from what it sounds like - it'll be a huge blow-out for the remaining third-party games for PS4.

In terms of my own speculation, I'd hedge bets on Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War getting announced during the State of Play - the logo has already been leaked via Doritos packages advertising XP Boosts, so it seems that's very close to announcement. 

As usual, Motobug will be hosting a SSMB exclusive stream of the State of Play for SSMB members who want to watch the event together.

20 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time will be making an appearance (confirmed on a Japanese blog post)

I don't know where this rumour came from, but apparently they're gonna show the N.Gin boss battle. I actually expect something greater, like a trailer showing more levels, characters and such. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I don't know where this rumour came from, but apparently they're gonna show the N.Gin boss battle. I actually expect something greater, like a trailer showing more levels, characters and such. We'll see.

It was a 4chan post that got the date for the state of play wrong.