Awoo.

PlayStation's State of Play (PlayStation Announcement Stream) - Latest Stream - Thursday 29th April 2021 - 10PM BST/5pm EST

Ryannumber1gamer

Announced today on the PlayStation Blog, a brand new thing that seems to be following up the announcement that PlayStation will not be at E3 this year - the PlayStation State of Play has been announced for this Monday (the 25th of March). According to PlayStation's official announcement, it will be announcing upcoming PS4 and PlayStation VR games, and has been announced to have multiple streams throughout the year.

In terms of where you can stream it, YouTube and Twitch has been announced as the main stream locations, and similar to Nintendo Directs, Motobug will be providing a stream for SSMB members as well so they can watch the State of Play together. 

In terms of what we can expect, there's rumours ongoing that an unannounced second-party exclusive is being developed for the PS4. On top of that, Beyond, Heavy Rain, and Detroit have been announced to be coming to PC, so we could possibly hear something about it at this State of Play. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another glimpse of Last of Us Part 2 since it's due to make it's debut this year, possibly with a release date.

In terms of things I'm personally rooting a remaster of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and maybe something from Insomniac (New Ratchet game pls).

• Thumbs Up 1

Why would they remaster PSA instead of just do a sequel...? They have a bunch of newer IP’s to work with, and most of the cast of the original is dead or outdated/irrelevant.(Hell, Kratos is usually associated with old man Kratos more than the og one.) Especially true regarding the 3rd parties here. Raiden hasn’t been used period this generation, and Donte was a one off failed reboot character. Oh right, and Big Daddy from Bioshock was there. A sequel would benefit that franchise more if we’re  being totally real. 

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Why would they remaster PSA instead of just do a sequel...?

Because knowing Sony, it would cost less for them.

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

Why would they remaster PSA instead of just do a sequel...? They have a bunch of newer IP’s to work with, and most of the cast of the original is dead or outdated/irrelevant.(Hell, Kratos is usually associated with old man Kratos more than the og one.) Especially true regarding the 3rd parties here. Raiden hasn’t been used period this generation, and Donte was a one off failed reboot character. Oh right, and Big Daddy from Bioshock was there. A sequel would benefit that franchise more if we’re  being totally real. 

I would love a sequel, it’s more so I’d believe Sony would port the original to test waters as opposed to going right to a sequel. If we got lucky with that, I’d be all the happier.

They will never remaster PSAS. 

Like others have said, they would go sequel with it and correct the complaints made against the title.

Finally a Sony conference that's on at a decent hour for the UK. I'm exited for this.

A new State of Play has been announced for Tuesday 24th September at 9pm BST/4pm EST. Motobug will be streaming it as well for anyone who wants to watch with other SSMB members.

It's already confirmed that this state of play will not cover next-gen plans (Those likely are being left for PlayStation Experience in December), so the likely candidates will be updates on a few exclusives (It's been heavily rumoured The Last of Us 2 will be hosting a beta soon, so we could see more gameplay, plus a release date), and some new exclusives being announced as the majority of Sony's heavy hitters have released this year.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Those likely are being left for PlayStation Experience in December

Pretty sure those events aren't a thing anymore.

Don't like Playstation, but there's a rumor that that could be the place where Klonoa is officially announced, so I'll be watching it

35 minutes ago, Jango said:

Heck yeah. Although I think I'll try to resist watching it.

Pray tell, why?

Spoilers prevention, if i have to guess.
Considering this year is an important anniversary for Ape Escape, some news related to that would be nice. Especially since Japan Studio is not doing much these days (aside, of course, of Knack 3 baybeehhh).

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I wanna play Part 2 about as blind as I've played Part 1. 

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Yep.

You know, as much as I loved Uncharted and played all of them (before U4), for some reason, I lost track of Naughty Dog and didn't followed much news about The Last of Us back then. I knew it was a game that existed... but that's about it. A few months after the game came out, I only knew it was VERY good. Then, a beautiful I decided, fuck it, I guess I'll finally try this game. Bought on a PSN sale for 19,99 for PS3 and OH MAN. Playing it blind was the best decision ever. I don't know why I skipped ND during that period, but it was a happy coincidence.

Since then, I've been trying to avoid spoilers from games that are heavily story driven, such as this. I also did it for God of War 2018 and Spider-man, and it was worth it. I don't care much about spoilers, say, for a Sonic game tho'.

Lofus has never been exciting to me. To me it's just another "zombie /light action stealth game. tried hard to get the platinum but got bored once you got to the last story highlight.  what I hope to see at state of play is new ps5 info? Maybe a new bloodrayne lol. Where's beyond good and evil?

• 2 months later...

A new State of Play has been announced for December 10th at 2pm GMT/9am EST. No next gen info will be present.

56 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

A new State of Play has been announced for December 10th at 2pm GMT/9am EST. No next gen info will be present.

Welp, that's one that I won't be able to watch live.....not that it seems like I'll be missing anything of value if past State of Plays are anything to go by.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if it all ends up just being a buncha fluff again, at least the Game Awards will have something more substantial to pontetially make of for it.

On the other hand, what if we get some big bomb drops here, such as the highly speculated new Crash? If there ends up being bomb drops on both events, then great. Fingers crossed.

I guess a Crash tease is possible with an actual reveal during VGA. Then again, we also got teases from Activision themselves weeks prior to the official announcement. Purple eggs and orange dices. What's next?

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't Resident Evil 3 leak from the Playstation store? Would make sense if they announced it here, then have it for preorder on the store.

• Thumbs Up 3

I’d take a guess that the ReWind DLC trailer for KH3 was gonna debut on the State of Play before leaking.

As a reminder - Motobug will be streaming the State of Play tomorrow for anyone on SSMB who wanna watch it together.

• Thumbs Up 1